Nice guys vs Bad boys

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Meh, OP asked a question...we answered. Don't know why there seems to be some anomosity about it. I'm not perfect and I have enough emotional baggage to start my own company....I can only say that people are attracted to what they are attracted to...for me, I don't seem to have much control over it. I've dated some wonderful men in my life, and I wish to god I had felt that spark for them. I even married a man that I THOUGHT was a nice guy...my bad for marrying without being in love, and for being fooled by an *kitten*....

So now I ask my own question guys. Would you really want a woman to pick you if she didn't have that blazing passion for you?
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    There are not just Nice Guys and Bad Boys, there are many types if guys. Trying to fit them all into two categories doesn't work. Which of these types I "belong" to largely depends on when you see mr and who I am interacting with.

Gotta agree. Sometime I behave in ways that make me come across as a bad boy and other times (most times in fact) I'm just a good boy. Probably why I've been single for almost a decade. Yep, there you have it. Just revealed why I posted this topic!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    There are not just Nice Guys and Bad Boys, there are many types if guys. Trying to fit them all into two categories doesn't work. Which of these types I "belong" to largely depends on when you see mr and who I am interacting with.

Yeah, people tend to put others in a box with a label when in the real world we're all very different.

There was a time in my life where I fit the "bad boy" profile, I drank too much, got into fights and had an attitude. I was overly blunt with people and cocky. These days I've sort of moved more toward my inner geek, but still have a little edge. However, since becoming a dad it's really softened me quite a bit...:laugh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Good men are more successful in dating, love and relationships than "nice guys" or "bad boys".

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

Isn't good men and nice guys one and the same thing?

In an ideal world: yes.

In the real world "nice guy" seems to be a euphemism for "I would really like to get into your pants but I'm a little scared of rejection so I will keep my desires on the down low in the hope that if I hang around with you enough and act really, really sensitive you will one day blow me..."
  • By "nice guy" do you mean somebody who is genuinely nice? Or the guys who expect something in return for their "niceness" and then complain about this imaginary "friend zone" crap?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Bad boys can be nice guys too. I mean, it really depends on what you mean by bad boys. I've never been interested in a man that didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated or one who doesn't treat me just as well as I treat him. I've always loved the nice guys, but the nice guys can have a naughty side ;)
    Oh Really !!!! Lol

You should know Mr. Naughty & Nice :heart:
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    By "nice guy" do you mean somebody who is genuinely nice? Or the guys who expect something in return for their "niceness" and then complain about this imaginary "friend zone" crap?

It can be either one depending on how you view the topic, but I'm mostly talking about the genuinely nice guys who just wanna love and be loved. As for this friend zone thing, I honestly don't know what that's even suppose to be or who came up with it. I've never been in the friend zone, or at least I don't think I have been. I'm friends or have been friends with quite a few women over the years who I had feelings for at the beginning, but I've never thought of it as being in this so-called "friend zone". It's just a case of it didn't work out and now we're just friends. The "friend zone"? Honestly, what the hell is that? Please, somebody school me!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Meh... I honestly find that there is no clear line to be drawn on this one. Nice guys can lie, and bad boys can have a heart of gold!

I tended more to the typical bad boy when I was young, but now I find myself much more attracted to the man that, at the very least, respects me.
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    It doesn't really matter in my opinion. Even nice guys can break your heart. Guess it depends what kind of a ride you want up to that point.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Good men are more successful in dating, love and relationships than "nice guys" or "bad boys".

In the real world "nice guy" seems to be a euphemism for "I would really like to get into your pants but I'm a little scared of rejection so I will keep my desires on the down low in the hope that if I hang around with you enough and act really, really sensitive you will one day blow me..."

:laugh:

You're my relationship guru, you know!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I would probably choose bad boy, but not the bad that blows off your date and treats you like crap... think Charlie Hunnam in SOA lol
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    "Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed." - Albert Einstein.
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Bad boys can be nice guys too. I mean, it really depends on what you mean by bad boys. I've never been interested in a man that didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated or one who doesn't treat me just as well as I treat him. I've always loved the nice guys, but the nice guys can have a naughty side ;)
    sweet innocent girls can have a naughty side as well !! ;-)
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    I've not gotten serious with a handful of guys because they were just too nice. Call it self esteem issues, daddy issues, what have you, but I couldn't stand it. The guy I'm with isn't a nice guy. He's really just an *kitten* lol, but he takes care of me and our children. He's a good man, but definitely a bad boy.
  • By "nice guy" do you mean somebody who is genuinely nice? Or the guys who expect something in return for their "niceness" and then complain about this imaginary "friend zone" crap?

It can be either one depending on how you view the topic, but I'm mostly talking about the genuinely nice guys who just wanna love and be loved. As for this friend zone thing, I honestly don't know what that's even suppose to be or who came up with it. I've never been in the friend zone, or at least I don't think I have been. I'm friends or have been friends with quite a few women over the years who I had feelings for at the beginning, but I've never thought of it as being in this so-called "friend zone". It's just a case of it didn't work out and now we're just friends. The "friend zone"? Honestly, what the hell is that? Please, somebody school me!

Here's a simple explanation of "The Friend Zone".

tumblr_mn4zg67c1Y1qjvl88o1_500.png
  • Lynds7128
    Lynds7128 Posts: 132
    Men are just men. In the end your will get phucked one way or another by them all. I welcome it.

wow!!!

Double wow!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

:laugh:

You're my relationship guru, you know!

Hooray!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    my post has been covered. Carry on...
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member

bwahahahahha...yeah..I think you are right, my friend. You nailed it. I like a guy with confidence who will ask for what he wants. THAT is what attracts me. I don't do needy...

tumblr_mlm9n6lbHX1s2nvj5o1_500.jpg
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Oh Really !!!! Lol

You should know Mr. Naughty & Nice :heart:
    and how you know that !!! You got proof !! Lol