Soldier beheaded in streets of london....

Options
alininja1991
alininja1991 Posts: 60 Member
Don't know if you have heard of this yet, but me and some friends are trying to get as many people possible on the 22nd june to wear help for heroes t-shirts...

https://www.facebook.com/events/553297091380819/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

Go on this link join the page and share it with your friends! We want this to go viral!

Replies

• johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just read that and saw the picture of one of the guys with bloody hands holding a cleaver. The article said that he was hacked pretty badly but it did not say that there was a beheading.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I just read that and saw the picture of one of the guys with bloody hands holding a cleaver. The article said that he was hacked pretty badly but it did not say that there was a beheading.

SHHHHHHH!!!

No fact checking allowed!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Ugh, so awful:(
  • vicky7917
    vicky7917 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have my polo shirt on and changed my FB profile and cover pictures to the 'Help the Heroes' logo

Kinda nice but frustrating to hear at the same time .... the 'Help for Heroes' online shop crashed from too many visitors yesterday afternoon.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options

The two Islamic extremists attempted to behead him, as stated in the link you posted:

In the first terrorist murder on the British mainland since the 7/7 suicide bombings of 2005, the men attempted to behead the soldier, hacking at him like a “piece of meat” in front of dozens of witnesses,

The sooner preachers of fundamentalist religion are stomped out the better, whatever particular brand of religious hatred they peddle.

As for the guy who decided to preach to camera with his hands covered in blood - well words fail me. The rant about 'your' government, 'your people' .... ironic when the man was born in Britain himself so in fact it's HIS government and HIS people. However, if he feels that divorced from our country my suggestion is to take him out over the Atlantic in a Chinook and drop him in the ocean so he doesn't have to continue to feel sullied by the country he was born and brought up in.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Too bad there was not an armed citizen nearby who could have helped this poor man. Lord have mercy.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Too bad there was not an armed citizen nearby who could have helped this poor man. Lord have mercy.

dude we are not allowed to carry weapons of any sort inc guns! :sad: shame tho I woulda shot those sob's that's for sure....:angry:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Too bad there was not an armed citizen nearby who could have helped this poor man.

because everyone carrying guns would be a great help!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    This topic is sure to be locked at some point but I just want to say that my thoughts go to that soldier and his family.

NOBODY deserves to die like that.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

The two Islamic extremists attempted to behead him, as stated in the link you posted:

In the first terrorist murder on the British mainland since the 7/7 suicide bombings of 2005, the men attempted to behead the soldier, hacking at him like a “piece of meat” in front of dozens of witnesses,

The sooner preachers of fundamentalist religion are stomped out the better, whatever particular brand of religious hatred they peddle.

As for the guy who decided to preach to camera with his hands covered in blood - well words fail me. The rant about 'your' government, 'your people' .... ironic when the man was born in Britain himself so in fact it's HIS government and HIS people. However, if he feels that divorced from our country my suggestion is to take him out over the Atlantic in a Chinook and drop him in the ocean so he doesn't have to continue to feel sullied by the country he was born and brought up in.

UMM WHY POLOUTE THE SEA WITH HIM?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I found this very disturbing,,,,,
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options

It doesn't happen that often to warrant us all having guns..
    I'm British, it disgusted me, I am also disgusted by the number of innocent people killed every day by our own Army too.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Hard not to read as "Someone has died! Agenda fuel! What a great opportunity to peddle my views on a completely unrelated topic of gun control!"
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We don't want guns here thank you.

We don't need more innocent deaths.

It was a horrific tragedy by a couple of lunatics, we also don't need the likes of the EDL trying to capitalise on this poor mans death to escalate things into a race war.

The actions of a few do not represent the masses.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options

We don't have any armed citizens - guns (rifles) are only allowed for hunting/sporting purposes, are owned under licence and have to be kept locked in a strong box when not in use.

The best chance would have been one of the motorists who'd passed by to have a crack at running them down.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

It was a horrific tragedy by a couple of lunatics, we also don't need the likes of the EDL trying to capitalise on this poor mans death to escalate things into a race war.

This!
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

We don't have any armed citizens - guns (rifles) are only allowed for hunting/sporting purposes, are owned under licence and have to be kept locked in a strong box when not in use.

The best chance would have been one of the motorists who'd passed by to have a crack at running them down.

And this!

Everyone having guns historically isn't a good idea....
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

Hard not to read as "Someone has died! Agenda fuel! What a great opportunity to peddle my views on a completely unrelated topic of gun control!"

You seem surprised!

Yorkshire lass here :drinker:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Very well put.
This discussion has been closed.