Ultimate Protein Pancakes... omg.

Options

Replies

• hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Please will you explain "bump" to a Brit?! Does it just mean something like "ditto" or does it carry all sorts of other meanings?
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Please will you explain "bump" to a Brit?! Does it just mean something like "ditto" or does it carry all sorts of other meanings?

Usually "bump" is just a useless post on a thread so that it keeps the thread at the top of the forums, by updating it and making it the most recent.

However, on this website, "bump" is simply used to bookmark the thread through the person's comment history. You can always scroll through your comments on forums, so it is a way to save these topics for later.
  • wanabefitter
    Options
    bump:noway:
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Now I understand perfectly.
  • nature88
    nature88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try these! Yum!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    yummm
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Amount of protein sounds good. I'll try it.
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    That 43g per serving looks really high... what brand powder and yogurt? Or is that 43g for the whole recipe?

My powder is only 25g for a single scoop, let alone 2/3.
    6 oz. yogurt = 14g

It's 43g for the whole recipe... the whole recipe IS one serving :P

The powder I used was 30g a scoop, so 20g went into the recipe. Plus 17g from the yogurt I used (walmart brand plain greek yogurt) is 37g. 3g from the egg white, and 3g from the flour. 43g! :)

The nutrition info is for the entire recipe?!? OK, you have my full attention now!

I will definitely try this over the weekend as my friend says my breakfasts are bland (lol) lately. I'll look through the thread to see if you addressed whether the yogurt is non-fat, product brands, etc. I may just circle back and ask because I plugged in the ingredients and came up with 343 cals, 18 carb, 5 fiber, 61 protein, 5 fat.

Thanks though! You rock!
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh my, sounds delish!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve done it.
    I’ve created the ultimate protein pancake recipe.
    Not my recipe...I am trying to copy and save so I can make this recipe sometime.
    Cw0re3ml.jpg
    3BHjssrl.jpg
    kbRSoxgl.jpg

Pancakes are great. Protein pancakes are even better. For about a year now I’ve been trying to find the perfect pancake recipe; one that’s healthy, packed with protein, and amazingly delicious. I came pretty close with the original greek yogurt pancakes recipe, but I wasn’t satisfied with the high carb content. All the other lower carb/higher protein recipes I found online just didn’t taste as good.

Finally, an idea struck me. I decided to combine the greek yogurt recipe with a protein powder recipe, by replacing some of the flour in the greek yogurt recipe with protein powder. The result is a pancake recipe that has less carbs, more protein, and tastes even better.I swear, these taste better than the pancakes my mom used to make. I would eat those by the dozen, and they were about 1238484720 times less healthy than this.

Okay, here we go.

Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    may have to look at these again
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    They look good---is that the calorie/protein/carb count for one pancake?
  • Rivka007
    Rivka007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump!