Serious Question for MILFS (pics)

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Thread title disappoints.
    Leashes and MILFS should be about something else.

LOL thats what I was thinking totally inappropriate for the topic. OP do you know what MILF means?
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Why is this question only for the hot moms??
  • vivian1616
    vivian1616 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was also against them until I had a runner. (I have 4 kids, my runner was my second). I thought they were inhumane and vowed I would never use one...ever. Then we went to the beach and my son took off for the water. I caught him, before he got in over his knees, but I also had a very active first child to look after, and I knew that if I turned my attention away from my younger son for even a moment, he could be gone again. I bought a harness and never regretted it. I used it until he was probably about 4 or so (and by then I had a third son, so it was really necessary at that point). I stopped using it when he was old enough to understand that running away from me in a busy place could be dangerous and I could trust him not to take off. I kept it through my third and fourth kids, but I don't remember ever needing to use it for them.

You said you were also pushing a double stroller, so I don't think a harness is inappropriate in that situation. You need both hands for the stroller, so it's difficult to hold a hand if you want one child to walk and not be in the stroller. If people judge you but you have your child's safety at heart, then ignore them. Imagine how you would feel if you didn't use it and something unthinkable happened to your little one.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bought one for DD, but found I didin't need one. She was always very good about "following rules" and never bolted. DD2 is not walking yet, but I have a feeling we might need one for her. She has the potential to be a runner!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't usually comment on to many threads but felt really disgusted by the dog comment. If you were to see how many small children run or wonder off and are never to be found again then i think you would realize that this is a good thing. A childs safety should be the top priority. I love my dogs and keep them on leashes for their safety, and if i had a small child knowing the things i know now i would want them to be safe as well.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My son didn't need one HOWEVER, I have no problem with them. If the kiddie is a bolter, none too street savvy or a day dreamer, (or you have a few kids to keep track of) then this seems like a pretty good way to go! Trust me; holding on to a child's hands isn't always foolproof; the little bugs can be sneaky about escaping! Personally, I'd rather use something like this with an unruly kiddo than putting them in a stroller until they completely outgrow it, lol.

But then, I live in a city with what could be some of the world's worst drivers, so I'm more careful than I would be if we lived in the farmlands or in a quiet little town. Circumstances are everything!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had twins. I used these types of restraints on them occasionally. If you feel you need one then use it, you know your children best. Screw what others think. The *don't leash your children* people are also going to be first to line up and criticize you should something happen to your child if you are *only* holding their hand. ugh...just let people parent their own children on their own. why people have to be critical of someone they don't even know is beyond me.

as for the age...I probably stopped using them completely around 4 or so. cannot completely remember but again...you and your wife know your children best.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    2msrfF6.jpg

or leashes

I'm calling bull on this argument. Not everyone did make it. There were lots of deaths due to accidents. Just look up the statistics. It's one of the reasons we now have carseats, seatbelts, and helmets. My mom remembers them being told to put babies underneath the front dash, where the passengers feet would go. Can you imagine doing that now? And what would happen?

I have a cousin still dealing with a traumatic brain injury that happened when he was 10, my father had a cousin accidentally shoot another cousin when they were 7, my father in law lost a sister when they were 7 to drowning. These things happen, just nobody ever talks about it. We were lucky, Dave.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I do have one for my daughter as she is a runner. We don't always use it but sometimes she likes to put it on anyway. She has a giraffe one and likes her older siblings to hold it for her.

I would rather hold her hand but she has sensory issues and she hates having her hands held. I'd rather put her in one then for her to run into the middle of the road.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    It's better than losing them is it not? :noway:
  • DMSailer39
    DMSailer39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't care what people say - I have a 4 year old "bolter" and for her safety, I have one. She picked it out (a little cow) and I explained to her what it was for. She loves it - I also have 3 other children, one a 2 month old and I need to know that she is safe whenever we go out. She loves to run and obviously at her age, she has no concept of danger.
  • HBAppleton
    HBAppleton Posts: 1
    Options
    You should not even be having to ask this opinion of others IF you know your child. That is what is pivotal. Consider all the circumstances and the child's temperament. Asking if others used them or not may not be what is right for your child.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Never. They're kids, not dogs.

That is uncalled for. I used reins and it kept them safe.

I was walking along the road the other day and to my utter horror a woman coming towards me suddenly shot towards the busy main road, it was then I realized that her little boy had darted away from her. When she grabbed hold of him, he was on the give-way lines and just about to cross into the traffic.

This is exactly the point, they are kids and kids can run about and they may not be road traffic-wise.

I agree, it is uncalled for. They make them for safety reasons and I hate when EVERYONE who hates them says "they're for dogs". They're really not, it's to keep your child safe, especially in crowds - there's crazy people out there who will just snatch your kid from you, even if you're holding their hand. If anyone wants to look at me crazy for keeping my child safe, keep looking because it doesn't phase me! :)
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    I haven't ever used one. I do not agree with them. But we all parent different and it's up to you what you decide to do.
    It might be harder to control a toddler with a pushchair too in which case it may be needed. But if a parent is on there own with one kid I don't see why you would need them.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Those things are gross. I'm on my 4th kid who never needed that; they aren't necessary.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 60 and they did not have them when my son was little,BUT if I had a child in this day and age I would use on in a NEW YORK min. For their safety children are very fast and in a store or crowd can disappear in a second.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My son got up and walked when he was 9 months old, and from then on refused to sit in a stroller or be picked up. I got a harness because he was simply too short for me to hold his hand. Worked for us.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I believe that for most children they are unnecessary.

They haven't been necessary for anyone in my family, including my 4 year old who thinks that going for a walk means we're running. I simply jog with her. However, she does listen very well when we're out and she knows better than to go near in the street without holding an adult hand.

You know if your child is capable of conducting himself without one. At least you should. If he hasn't taken to heart that he shouldn't be near the street or running away from you, then get him one and don't worry about the judgement because you are doing what is right for your son.

I also think it should be added that I know most people will say that they don't do this but I see it A LOT. Please don't buy this and let it lull you into a false sense of security. I see so many people not paying one iota of attention to their child because he or she is on a leash and "can't get into trouble."
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I leash my kids and let my dogs run loose.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    never did that before in my life