5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

14567810»

Replies

• yokosuka324
    yokosuka324 Posts: 24
    I'm 5'7" and 144lbs. I'd like to 130lbs (that's taking into consideration muscle mass). I've been less than 115lbs before, but that was in military training.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm between 5'5" and 5'6".

I think my goal weight is going to be around 150. My frame/body type is just not designed to be super slender - I have a large bust and even larger behind, and I'm more than ok with looking a little softer. But, once I get closer to my goal, the number on the scale doesn't matter as much. I'd ideally like to be about 27% BF and about a size 8. Whatever I weigh when I feel good is my goal :happy: .

Your height/frame body type and mine sound very similar. When I was in college, I weighed about 140 and I was pretty athletic, so it was an easy weight to maintain and I felt good. I would also like to be in the 25 to 27% BF range. I went down to 128 pounds (through crash dieting) after college and when I look at pictures of myself, I looked gaunt (and I felt awful). After I got married, I went on the birth control pill and I gained about 40 pounds--seemingly overnight. And it has been a battle ever since. I would like to weigh 140 again but I would like to be healthy and fit at whatever weight I end up. :smile:
  • I'm 5'7" and the GW my doctor recommended was 143.

Although tbh I just want to lose ANYTHING right now :-/
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm about 5'6.5. I've gone from around 195 pounds to 138. I only want to lose a few more. Ideally I'd like to be 133 but a bit more muscly. I'm already getting to the point where, although I have bits of fat on my stomach, arms and thighs that need to go, I know I couldn't lose too much more. I have big hips and a really annoyingly big rib cage, so ribs stick out already. Don't think my frame would allow me to go much below about 133 without looking weird.

Hey--don't be upset about your big rib cage--it means your vital lung capacity is likely larger. I have a large rib cage too. Even when I was much slimmer, I could always float better than anyone else if I kept my lungs inflated. :laugh: (It also makes your waist look smaller in proportion.) I got down to 128 once and looked very gaunt--my ribs stuck out so much I looked like I had just been released from a concentration camp. And I am about 3/4 of an inch shorter than you.
  • mcoker9111
    mcoker9111 Posts: 1
    Im currently 7 months pregnant but Jan 2011 I weighed 140 Im 5'5'', I started working out and tracking calories and lost 25lbs. 120 was my goal but 115 was a perfect weight for me. I was very toned, abs and flat stomach. but I had to workout 5 days a week and stay on a 1500 calorie intake daily to maintain. 120 is much easier and still looks good as long as I keep up ab workouts. I stayed between 115-120 until I got pregnant in Dec 2012 (almost 2 years) Oh and I was wearing size 0-2 some junior size 3 depending on brand
  • keyariloses
    keyariloses Posts: 74 Member
    I'm 5'7 and my goal is between 165-170, gotta keep some of my thickness lol. thick and toned is my goal
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    5'6/34 years old and my original goal was 135lbs. But in transitioning to maintenance and switching to primal eating, I continued to lose and I'm currently 124lbs and in a size 2 jean (down from a size 14). I actually want to gain back a couple pounds because my face is looking too thin and I don't like how my rib cage and hip bones are starting to show. I'm pear shaped and hip bones up is looking too lean right now. Maintenance is an ongoing experiment!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    I dont know what my goal weight is yet. But I would love my gut to be smaller than my boobs one day! :blushing:
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
  • Twinmamamarion
    Twinmamamarion Posts: 33 Member
    150-155. I've been under 150, and only briefly....with 1100 calories a day and two intense workouts a day. I can't live that way....155 is healthy and I look awesome at it. :)
  • nzern921
    nzern921 Posts: 2
    I'm about 5'6" - 5'7" and my original goal weight was 135. I got around there and thought I could go a little further, so now I'm shooting for 130. However, I'll be happy anywhere between 130 and 135 as long as I feel toned. It all depends on your body shape as well. I have a friend that is the same height as me but has a much smaller frame and can be about 115 and look healthy, whereas I would look anorexic there. I would shoot for anywhere between 130 and 140 and just find where you look the healthiest in that range.
  • KimATX
    KimATX Posts: 12 Member
    I'm 5'6" and want to be 135
  • aatlchavens
    aatlchavens Posts: 44 Member
    My goal is 145.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm just short of 46, 5'7" and average 129. Happy there, wearing a size 4, and doing some recomp now to add muscle and drop my BF even more (currently 18.2%)
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    5'6/34 years old and my original goal was 135lbs. But in transitioning to maintenance and switching to primal eating, I continued to lose and I'm currently 124lbs and in a size 2 jean (down from a size 14). I actually want to gain back a couple pounds because my face is looking too thin and I don't like how my rib cage and hip bones are starting to show. I'm pear shaped and hip bones up is looking too lean right now. Maintenance is an ongoing experiment!

This is very close to myself. Original goal was 133. I planned on using a couple of extra pounds as I was going to Disney for hte Food & Wine Festival and didn't want to worry about gaining back. I got to 128 and didn't gain anything at Disney with all the walking. I then took up running and dropped a few more pounds. I have been at 126 for a few months now. I just started working with a personal trainer to build more lean muscle. I do not want to go any lighter than this. I know I will start to look gaunt. My collar bone is already a little too prominent. The rest of me looks great IMHO. Except for the stu[id tummy pooch that I don't think will ever be flat.
  • schnoomom
    schnoomom Posts: 38 Member
    I'm with you. Almost exactly. I'm 43, same height and with a similar weight goal. After 155, if I can lose more, I will but I'm really just looking to be a size 8/10 and healthy. The numbers on my blood work at this point are most important.
    I'm between 5'5" and 5'6".

I think my goal weight is going to be around 150. My frame/body type is just not designed to be super slender - I have a large bust and even larger behind, and I'm more than ok with looking a little softer. But, once I get closer to my goal, the number on the scale doesn't matter as much. I'd ideally like to be about 27% BF and about a size 8. Whatever I weigh when I feel good is my goal :happy: .
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    NROir0bl.jpg

5'5'' and about 136-137 pounds in this pic. So freaking fat indeed.

Is this you? Damn girl! Smokin'!....Yeah....I don't get why people would want to look like toothpicks. I am 5'6'' and weighed around 112 at one point because of over-working and stress. I looked horrifically skinny...like you could see my bones type of skinny. Horrible. I am just lucky there was not a hurricane or something because I would have been ****ed.
  • @CoderGal

Looks like I have a similar problem as you did. I'm 5'6" and weigh around 138 currently. My dress size varies between 6-8 depending on what I am trying to get into. I am trying to get down to low 130s in terms of weight. I used to be a size 2-4 around five years ago.

I've been doing cardio pretty regularly, along with targeted muscle strengthening exercises. I've lost an inch from my thighs and my butt, so I know there has been progress. But I can't seem to figure out how I could lose the flab. I want to feel toned and lean without looking too muscular and looks like you have achieved that in your weight loss journey.

What in your opinion is the way forward for someone like me? Jiggly thighs are the worst :P