21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Round 2 day 9 -- did the 28 min c25k training, still has a ways to get back to the car so I did week 1 day 1 of the c25k training until I got back to my car.
  • Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options

@ Lilloise - It's never too late with us. Welcome to the challenge. We have a few who are on their 2nd,3rd, or 4th round, we have a few who are just starting (like yourself), and we have a few who are well into their 21 days. We try to give encouragement and support, and I know that I am personally looking forward to seeing your check ins! (As for sore muscles - my trainer said that mild stretching after and/or the next morning, and lots of water will help keep that soreness down. I tend to toss in some type of pain reliever as well when I seriously over do it.)

Thanks for your welcome and advice :)

Round 1 Day 4: What a day not to exercise! Between sleep deprivation, a flooded bathroom, travelling 4 hours and meetings during my yoga lunch time I haven't done much.

Took advantage of my coworker's absence and did 5-10 minute circuits in my office throughout the day as well as a couple of brisk 5-10 min walks. Not much but more than I would have done without the challenge!
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 7-did a 2 mile walk this morning. i havent worked out in two days because i have been so tired. like, worse than i ever felt. today is my 3rd day without caffeine and i am kind of starting to wake up today, but its a slow process. I decided to quit drinking caffeine becuase i was drinking too many energy drinks throughout the day. i hope this lethargy passes soon.

About a month ago I went cold turkey on my Diet Coke. I still have coffee in the mornings. I have never felt better. I think that I have had 3 diet Cokes during that time and each time I drank one, I felt very sluggish. Hang in there, it will happen.
  • tmccarter11
    Options
    thanks caffee, i will have to try that powder mix. and thank you etaylor for the encouraging words. today is a lot better. I got up an ran a few errands and even went to the gym (day 8). I think part of my caffeine addiction is to think i need caffeine in order to perform when i work out, so i proved myself wrong and did level 2 on the stairmill instead of level 1 like i normally do. it was definitely harder but i did it. I did that for 30 minutes and then did my 70 squats for my challenge and did a little leg work. All in all, not a bad work out for not having any caffeine. I am glad i am a part of this group, its very supportive. thanks everyone!
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 10 -- such the exciting life I lead. Spent my Fri night mowing the lawn and getting things ready for the yard/garage sale tomorrow.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ Lilloise - Sometimes getting inventive is a must. Great work making your time work for you.

@ tmccarter - What a way to prove you can do this! Not only MAKING it to the gym, but stepping up the intensity along the way. Big kudos to you for that. And the squats aren't to be sneezed at either. Keep up the hard work.

@ etaylor - Hey, mowing counts. Even riding lawn mowers count, depending on the terrain you are having to work over. And, having a lighter day ever now and again is important. Gives the body a chance to recover from the normal stress and prepare to tackle it at a new level when you go back.

Round 3, day 5 (finally back tracked and counted!)
    A little bit of nothing. Planned on a rest day, wound up doing just about that. Only bit of "exercise" I got was getting the laundry done, helping to bring in groceries, and cooking my dinner. And, man I am I feeling the workout from 2 days ago for my efforts too!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 3, day 6
    Doubled up a bit today, because I've got a major fight on my hands for tomorrow - homework due in Monday, and I still can't get the notes to download properly. (Can't tell if it's on my end or the instructor, but either way, I'm going to have to dig through the book which is usually off 50% of the time on the answers! WHAT a headache!)

Lifted today - 60 mins of circuit training levels, bumped almost all my weights up by about 15 pounds on the machines, 5 on the dumbbells.
    Swimming! - 45 mins in the pool. All my swim strokes except butter fly finished 400 m. Skipped the 'fly because the shoulders were talking enough I didn't want to risk injury. Very happy with results, even if it was a bit slower than my best time for the distance because this was AFTER lifting the new weights. Didn't want to over do the marathon!
  • raysmyth
    raysmyth Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join in!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Round 3 - Day 15 - 08 June 2013

burned 560 calories doing 150 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Cleaning, light, moderate effort"

****tropical storm Andrea blew through today... rain, rain and more rain! great day for cleaning, scrubbing, dusting, laundry!!! maybe some golf tomorrow - if it dries up enough!

Keeping it moving!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    I'm going to join in!

Welcome raysmyth! I look forward to seeing your updates as they come in. We have people in different stages of the challenge, but what is important is that you keep things moving and have fun along the way to establishing a sustainable, healthy habit.

@ tazmac - great way to keep things moving for you! Especially with your curtailed outdoor activities from the weather. Hope you didn't get flooded from the rain, and you get a chance to dry out soon. (rain is good, but too much of a good thing can be rather .. bad... I know.) Keep on trucking, you are a wonderful example of how to keep things on the move!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ Lilloise - Round 1 Day 4: you had a tough day - yet - you still managed to post some movement! To be commended, for sure!! keep up the great work!!

@ tmcarter - NICE variety in your fitness!! a few errands - followed by stairmill - followed by 70 squats for my challenge and did a little leg work. Wow - that's great!

@ etaylor - great work on your c25k training!!! It also is lots of work to get ready for a yardsale - we just did that a couple of weeks ago... Hope you make more $$ than we did ... lol

@ kcaffee - Round 3 Day 5 & Day 6 - IMPRESSIVE!! Good that you got some work on the weights and some swimming when you have homework due tomorrow!!! very inspiring!!

@ raysmyth - WELCOME TO OUR CHALLENGE!! We are all at different days - plugging along on the 21 days. some in first round - some round 2 or round 3. You will receive support and encouragement here - look forward to seeing your posts!!

Yay for us!!!

• Trishajac
    Options

@ tazmac - great way to keep things moving for you! Especially with your curtailed outdoor activities from the weather. Hope you didn't get flooded from the rain, and you get a chance to dry out soon. (rain is good, but too much of a good thing can be rather .. bad... I know.) Keep on trucking, you are a wonderful example of how to keep things on the move!

Thanks k!!

You are amazing... seeing your numbers continue to grow!!! that is so wonderful!! thanks for your encouragement! :happy:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    For those just checking in on our 21 DAY CHALLENGE - Here's the idea!

It's said that it takes 21 days to form a habit. I began this challenge to get fitness back into my day after dealing with some back issues back in February.

My first round - I went 40 days .... and caught the bug again... Started a second round for 21 days and now I'm working on Round 3.

The idea is to add "purposeful" fitness / exercise in your day. Sometimes 2 hours of housework may be your purposeful fitness for the day .... record that!

If you need a rest day - take it!
    If life gets in the way - just record your NEXT active day in the round..... (this one - it may take longer than 21 actual days to complete one round)

DON'T QUIT IF YOU MISS A DAY!!! ...... the whole idea of this is to encourage ourselves and each other along the way!

If you want support / encouragement - you'll see it here!!

Join In..... and record your days activity! Sometimes sharing what you've done gives another participant ideas of what they can add / do to spice up their activities!!

Hope to see you soon!!!

• ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 11 -- up at 7 and did the yard sale intil 2. Weird sale, what I thought would sale didn't and what I thought wouldn't did. Glad that is over. Then I went to the green belt for a 3.86 mile walk. Tried to run, but I twisted my knee earlier in the week and it didn't want to run. So I just walked
  • tmccarter11
    Options
    @etaylor- good thing you knew your limits and gave yourself time to heal from your injury. very smart to just walk yesterday.

day 9 for me! i burned 517 calories doing a 3.25 mile walk/run. I am very excited because i did this run outside. last year, i tried to run outside up all my hills and i ended up hurting my hip flexor. Come to find out last week, i was wearing the wrong shoes for my step. So, with new pair of fitted shoes, i am trying again but this time, running down all the hills and walking up all the hills. Just running outside is so awesome.

thanks everyone for your encouragement!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor - Taking time to heal is a good thing. Staying active DURING the healing process is an even better thing! You are doing fantastic in both! You look like you are on the right track for a full recovery before you know it, and I expect in a few more weeks you'll be posting about how you are rocking the running action again.

@ tmccarter - Nice walk/run for day 9! You, also, look to be on the fast track to some even bigger victories. Everyone has to start somewhere, and if you don't have the right shoes, then you wind up on the "Owwie train" to Nowhere'sville. Keep up the awesome work!

Round 3, day 7

Was supposed to be a "rest" day due to expected problems with technical issues on homework. Skipped the computer, and finished the homework faster than expected. So, wound up helping mom clean today. 2 hours of stripping, washing, restocking the fridge so that we could find things in it again. (between my school schedule, and parents being sick, it had gotten more than a little disorganized!)

Then spent the next while accumulating about another hour of cooking - trying to get "go to" meal parts made so that I could have lunches this week. Mom's gotten a little bit TOO good at just cooking for 3! I miss my left over lunches.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 12 -- quiet day. Guess you could call it a rest day. 1.78 mile walk. Then I painted the piggies. Got to have them painted when you wear sandals and flip flops. :flowerforyou:
  • Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Catching up from the weekend:

Round 1 Day 5 - 45 minutes Nike Training

Day 6 - 45 minutes on the bf's Xbox Kinect (including running, skipping, boxing, strength and 23 minutes of yoga)

Day 7 - 45 minutes Nike Training
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 9 (Saturday 6/8): 30 Minutes of No More Trouble Zones - Jillian Michaels.

Spent the afternoon walking in the mall shopping with the husband and two boys. Next time I'll go with my girlfriends. I was only able to escape one time and I bought a cute dress for work.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ etaylor - Round 2 day 11 -- great work with the yardsale and the walk!! good moving and food idea to take it easy on the knee!!
    Round 2 day 12 -- I think that the 1.78 mile walk is a great walk!!! I just did my "piggies" (like that) the other day. thought my girls were going to give me a pedi/mani for my b-day - got a massage instead... all good - but had to do my own toes!! :laugh:

@ tmccarter - Great work on your Day 9!! awesome burn! Outside workouts are great!

@ kcaffee - good for you with the work around the kitchen!! Clean fridge, cooking and more!! Always love the bonuses!!

@ Lilloise - great variety on your DAYs 5, 6 and 7!! Nike training and variety with Xbox.... awesome!

@ bjune5 - Good working on your Day 9 workout and walk!! Keep it up!