Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    It's a matter of personal preference and what they are physically attracted to.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    I think in general it's an ugly thing to say. I used to be a big girl and heard the "I don't date big girls" line plenty of times.

On the other hand everyone has their preferences. My husband doesn't like to eat peanut butter, so I would never force him to eat it just because I LOVE peanut butter.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    From my grand old age of 44 I can tell you young'uns that where you're going wrong is dating. Forget dating. What you actually want to do is fast-forward to having sex with them to figure out whether you like them enough to bother dating them - a far more efficient use of your time.

Lady we have been doing that for years!

yeah haven't you heard of the rise in teen pregnancies? I don't think there is a lack of people having sex to test out relationships here...
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    I happen to think It's a rather uncouth way of putting it, but it is what it is. You can't exactly help what you're attracted to.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    As a a big girl I understand that I'm not going to be every bodys cup of tea. But I also realize that I'm probably the best damn cup of tea they'll ever have, so its their loss! Doesn't make any difference to me! :tongue:

And like everyone else has said, its all about preference. Yes personality matters, BLAH BLAH BLAH, but in most cases there has to be SOME sort of initial attraction.

For me, ever since I was in kindergarden and had my first crush I've pretty much ONLY been attracted to black guys. That's not to say all other guys aren't good looking. They just don't do it for ME. I've also ONLY been approached by black guys (with the exception of ONE white guy....In my whole life, all the men that have shown attraction to me have been black) so who knows what that's about.

If someone isn't physically attracted to you because of your size, that's their right...And you can't really BLAME them. You can't FORCE yourself (nor would I want someone to!) to be attracted to someone you're not. But that should have no reflection on you and how you feel about yourself. Its not your problem its their's.

As far as someone assuming that all big girls are lazy, stinky, and nasty....Well they're just ignorant and I don't want anything to do with them either way lol

^^^^ very well said!!

I wish I had the confidence and attitude you do. I quit dating 4 years ago, and don't even attempt to speak to men anymore - after a series of dates and online suitors tore me down and made me feel less than human. I got so sick of being told "if you lost 50+ pounds, I'd date you"...or "if you weren't fat, you'd be perfect"....or "I don't date women who weigh more than I do!"
    Maybe one day I'll be skinny and acceptable to more men out there, but by that point I'll be too "old"....(always something):tongue:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Everybody's got their preferences. I've had women tell me they'd never date a guy who had this or that characteristic of mine. You just have to be philosophical about it, you know. Insult them and maybe kick dirt on them-- you know, in a dignified way. :P
  • AmyJeanMarie84
    AmyJeanMarie84 Posts: 54 Member
    Everyone has a preference. I only date tall, white, good looking, emotionally unavailable, guys who cheat on me. I kid.... But seriously everyone has a type, and generally they go back to type multiple times in life.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Everyone has a preference. I only date tall, white, good looking, emotionally unavailable, guys who cheat on me. I kid.... But seriously everyone has a type, and generally they go back to type multiple times in life.

I'm three out of five ..I can learn to cheat & ignore your needs emotionally if that is a deal breaker...
  • djfldjfl
    djfldjfl Posts: 26 Member
    It's definitely an *kitten* thing to say. No doubt about that. It classifies whoever receives the comment as "a big girl" eg That is who you are.

That said, we are naturally attracted to healthy people. Body types have varied a bit over the centuries, but healthy-looking is almost always a plus. It's one of my motivators to drop this weight. I'm sick of looking like an unhealthy slob who obviously can't take care of himself properly.
  • AmyJeanMarie84
    AmyJeanMarie84 Posts: 54 Member
    QUOTE:

I'm three out of five ..I can learn to cheat & ignore your needs emotionally if that is a deal breaker...

Well hello :)
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    big girls try harder in the bedroom too
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    To be fair I don't have a fixed type, preferances sure, but individuality is a big key. Some women look absolute gorgeous with bigger curves & some covering, it's all about how it looks on them as an individual rather than inanely generalizing. But while physical looks are important to me the pyschological aspect is just if not MORE vital. Someone who can get under my skin. If there's nothing going on there then I get bored quick no matter how stunning you look, thin larger whatever, while a lot of what ppl would class as "bigger" girls these days is ridiculous as far as what sizes are classed as such.
  • in terms of first impressions I prefer + size women, all said and done thats simply a first impressions thing, once I get to know some one its all good, small or big it matters little
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Preference is one thing. I know a guy who has been so specific as to say he would not date / be with a girl that weighed over 120lbs. I'm sure he's not the only one who's said it, either.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    There are guys I'm attracted to off the bat, and there are guys that win me over with their personality. I could never say that I wouldn't date someone because of their physical appearance. If you'd showed me a pic of my last bf and told me I'd fall in love with him, I'd call you crazy.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Almost banged a big girl once. Haven't drank since.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

Thats not preference, thats just nasty and To be honest it makes me laugh at them, ask them what their excuse is for being nasty lazy stinky or whatever... if guys are say that to you again you tell them ' i can lose the weight if if wanted too but the top plastic surgeon couldnt fix your ugly .... ' ;) and laugh it off xxx
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Some dudes/women don't have a preference for big girls.

Some dudes/women don't have a preference for thinner girls.

And some people just don't care as long as their preferred gender has working genitalia.

The End.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I'm pretty picky but I wouldn't be rude about it.

but

I don't see why anyone would be mad at someone for what they find attractive or not attractive. Plenty of fish in the sea.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    I'm pretty picky but I wouldn't be rude about it.

but

I don't see why anyone would be mad at someone for what they find attractive or not attractive. Plenty of fish in the sea.

im the same.. agreed but there was and no need for the insults.