21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Round 3 - Day 16 - 09 June 2013

burned 205 calories doing 45 minutes of Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog

Out and about with errands for the day...

Round 3 - Day 17 - 10 June 2013

Approx 15 min walking back and forth today...

Spent an hour or so outside after work today on a project of sanding down (Scott did the sanding) / wiping / and spray painting a coffee table and two end tables.

Afterwards - donned our sneakers and out for a walk - GPS data: 37:51 min *** 249 calories burned *** 3.6 pace *** 2.33 miles / 3.75 km

A great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Round 2 day 13 -- back at the gym for strength training after taking the week off and doing just cardio. Did 20 min weights and 25 on the bike. Knee is feeling better gonna try running tomorrow.
  • Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Round 1 Day 8 (yay!!! 8 days of moving!!) : 30 minutes of Blogilates with the sniffles
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news from everyone! You are really making things exciting to track (at least for me!) Keep it going!

Round 3, day 9
    Sleep - Thought about hitting the gym after a nap due to being on the short end, but didn't wake up until the next morning! So, it'll be interesting today (6-11-13).
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 10 (6/10) - Butts & Guts Fitness Class (light cardio with toning)
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok here I go again. I started the weekend off pretty well but slacked a bit on Sunday, so as of yesterday I am back to day 1.

Day 1 - elliptical 3 miles (6/10)
    Day 2 - bocce (if not rained out) or biggest loser dvd & nike trainer on xBox(6/11)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Awesome work Ladies!!!!

Great to have so many taking part right now!!

girl power!! :drinker:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ bjune - Nice day 10 for you! You are doing awesome! Nice variety in your exercise, which helps keep everything fresh.

@ jezy - Nice restart for you. Rest days are good, just try not to make them the only thing that happens, which you won't do. While you are at it, don't send yourself into burnout either. That winds up being a bit too counterproductive.

Round 3, day 10 -
    Marathon day (I can't seem to keep this from happening, so I just accept it and roll with the flow)
    50 minutes or so with the weights - mostly at a circuit training pace
    45 mins in the pool - only completed 1400 m (400 m free stroke and back stroke, 600 m breast stroke) Too tired after the weights to even TRY butterfly today.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 14 -- 42 min of C25K. What a beautiful night at the Greenbelt.
  • bjune5
    Options
    Day 11 (6/11): Step class.
    Instructor was on overdrive last night! I was soaking wet at the end. 1 hour straight of hardcore stepping! I wish I had on a HR monitor. I'm pretty sure I burned well over 700 calories.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 3 - Day 18 - 12 June 2013

(yesterday - did not do much - movement was: walking back and forth to a course and out to lunch and back.... did not count in "exercise" count)

Today - 12 June -

Treadmill walk (TM) - 38 minutes with incline!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor - that sounds lovely! You are doing fantastic!

@ bjune - Sounds like you've got a great instructor. If you aren't positive about your burn, I've had a couple of people refer me to fitclick.com to confirm calorie burns if MFP looks too high/low.

http://www.fitclick.com/how_many_calories_burned

Type in the activity you are looking for, then it should ask you for weight, and such not. Plug in your numbers, and click search again. Then look at the list that pops up. It will have the estimates towards the middle of the line entries (really small, kind of a light grey on my screen, but legible). Compare this to what MFP gives you. And, if you STILL aren't positive, average the two. I've had to do that a couple of times for my garden weeding and/or seed planting.

For me - Round 3, day 11
    Got wrapped up in reading for fun, so missed the gym. Made up for it with a vengance with the kinect Zumba and Adventures (high impact aerobics!) 20 mins of each
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 3, day 12

Another marathon day - had to argue to get a lane in the pool today. The school is currently playing host for an outside swim team who's pool is out of commission for the summer. And, thanks to all the tornadoes that have ripped through Oklahoma, they were doing a fund raising "swim-a-thon" and hogging the whole blasted pool instead of being nice and leaving at LEAST one lane open for students! (::Shakes fist at the team coaches!:: Meanies!)

When I DID finally get in, I was so aggrivated that I wound up swimming 30 minutes at a hard HIIT rate (all out free style down, breast stroke recover on the way back, repeat.) THEN I finally cooled off enough in the head to realize I was trying to kill myself, so slowed down for a normal series of sets. (400 m each of free style, back stroke, breast stroke, butterfly). Now I'm just about out on my feet from having to wear out my temper before I could actually get my swim in. Hope tomorrow is better, even though it is a planned marathon split between weights and swim!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 3, day 12

Another marathon day - had to argue to get a lane in the pool today. The school is currently playing host for an outside swim team who's pool is out of commission for the summer. And, thanks to all the tornadoes that have ripped through Oklahoma, they were doing a fund raising "swim-a-thon" and hogging the whole blasted pool instead of being nice and leaving at LEAST one lane open for students! (::Shakes fist at the team coaches!:: Meanies!)

When I DID finally get in, I was so aggrivated that I wound up swimming 30 minutes at a hard HIIT rate (all out free style down, breast stroke recover on the way back, repeat.) THEN I finally cooled off enough in the head to realize I was trying to kill myself, so slowed down for a normal series of sets. (400 m each of free style, back stroke, breast stroke, butterfly). Now I'm just about out on my feet from having to wear out my temper before I could actually get my swim in. Hope tomorrow is better, even though it is a planned marathon split between weights and swim!

Hey K!

sounds like a bugger of a time..... Good you got some swim time in in the end... and worked it off! Hope it is better for you tomorrow!

trish
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 15 -- race is on sat so 28 min of C25K and the walking at 3.5 Mohammed dor another 22 mins. Also did about 45 mins of cleaning. Dad will be here tomorrow.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I know I know, all week with no check in AGAIN!! But i've been good I promise! So, here it is:

6/10, day 1 - 3 miles on elliptical
    6/11, day 2 - nike trainer on xbox, perfermance tests and 1 session
    6/12, day 3 - 2 miles walk with my favorite 4-legged freind!
    6/13, day 4 - Nike trainer on xbox, double session

Hope everyone else is doing wonderful & y'all have a great weekend. I'll be out of town (but pinky promise to stay active) & see you on Monday! :glasses:
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 15 -- race is on sat so 28 min of C25K and the walking at 3.5 Mohammed dor another 22 mins. Also did about 45 mins of cleaning. Dad will be here tomorrow.

WOW! I should have checked with the spell correct before I posted this. It should read 3.5 mph for another 22 mins.
  • bjune5
    Options
    Day 12 (6/12): Walk/Jog 1.74 miles on treadmill.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ jezy - way to get back on track! Nice variety for days 1 - 4. Keep it going, and I look forward to your check in on Monday.

@ etaylor - A little late, but best wishes for your 5K. ::chuckles:: I didn't even catch the mistype until you quoted it. Good job!

@ bjune - nice distance! I tip my hat to anyone who is working on (or currently is) running. I'm either not coordinated enough (can't untangle my feet) or else I wind up pushing too far, too hard too fast and wind up burning out. (I can sprint for my life, but that's about it!) Keep it going one foot in front of the other.

Round 3, day 13

Was supposed to be a rest day, but felt too guilty not hitting the gym, so I kicked on the x-box and worked through a beginner zumba session (20 mins) followed by approximately 20 mins of the kinnect adventures. Probably not the smartest thing to do - knees started talking to me before the night was out, letting me know they weren't happy!

Round 3, day 14

Meant to get a rest day in yesterday, and missed, so took it today and gloried in it.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 3 - Day 19 - 13 June 2013

one hour of walking - approx. 2.5 pace

keeping it going...

:flowerforyou: