Absence Before Marriage

Options

Replies

• MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm in disbelief at the amount of disrespect and closed minded individuals. I'm surprised this thread continued to page two without being shut down.

Is that all you keep coming back to say?

bwahaha you're right this person has posted the exact same thing multiple times or at least something super close.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm in disbelief at the amount of disrespect and closed minded individuals. I'm surprised this thread continued to page two without being shut down.

I don't disagree that there was some disrespect on both sides in that thread and while I don't agree with disrespect or judgement from either side, that was pretty tame for the internet when dealing with a topic like that

I mean I have seem much more iflammatory things when talking about hockey nevermind an inflammatory topic like religion or politics lol :)

Ah, you hockey dudes!!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I don't wish that person's children harm.
    Yes, you did. You wished and prayed that my daughter would get pregnant at 16. Everyone can read your post.
    They clearly have enough with parenting like that
    You don't know me or my children. You're basing this off the fact that I said I would not provide my child with contraception. I am very close to my children and we have a great relationship. I've done the very best job I can as a parent, and I've still got two at home. I've never claimed to be the best parent. I've already tried to make it clear that I can educate my children on sex and contraception without providing it. My children all know they can come to me when they make mistakes, and they all have. We all do.

well as long as you educate them. They can buy their own condoms.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options

look, I respect religion. Which is why I haven't attacked it, persay. I don't wish that person's children harm. .
    "I am actually hoping your daughter ends up pregnant at 16. May it be immaculate ;)"

That was you right?
    Way out of line and definitely not respectful.

immaculate conception is what every christian hopes for, no? the second coming...pun intended

No one wishes for their sixteen year old daughter to get pregnant regardless of what religion they are, or lack of religion
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

oooo youre a fiesty one...lol i could directly argue and confront but find its not necessary.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

A lot of it was ok I(MO)
    Until we got to the point where bearkisses hoped than a 16 year old would get pregnant becuase she didn't like the parent's ideology.

I don't think it is disrespectful to hope someone is fertile and going for their desires. I did NOT WISH AN STD on her. And I don't pray, and prayer doesn't work anyway, so if her daughter gets pregnant IT WASN'T ME!

Nice try but really why don't you just aopologize. You said "hope" not pray. Hoping a 16 year gets pregnant is not the same as wishing someone who wants to get pregnant is fertile.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

bwahaha you're right this person has posted the exact same thing multiple times or at least something super close.

because i find it disgusting and cant imagine acting like that
  • bearkisses
    Options

look, I respect religion. Which is why I haven't attacked it, persay. I don't wish that person's children harm. .
    "I am actually hoping your daughter ends up pregnant at 16. May it be immaculate ;)"

That was you right?
    Way out of line and definitely not respectful.

immaculate conception is what every christian hopes for, no? the second coming...pun intended

No one wishes for their sixteen year old daughter to get pregnant regardless of what religion they are, or lack of religion

well then I obviously didn't wish it. Problem solved. She said she will educate her kids. So, that is good enough for me.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Who cares? This whole thread of people being utterly ridiculous and you're bashing someone because she said something a few times? Get over yourselves. Really.
  • bearkisses
    Options

A lot of it was ok I(MO)
    Until we got to the point where bearkisses hoped than a 16 year old would get pregnant becuase she didn't like the parent's ideology.

I don't think it is disrespectful to hope someone is fertile and going for their desires. I did NOT WISH AN STD on her. And I don't pray, and prayer doesn't work anyway, so if her daughter gets pregnant IT WASN'T ME!

Nice try but really why don't you just aopologize. You said "hope" not pray. Hoping a 16 year gets pregnant is not the same as wishing someone who wants to get pregnant is fertile.

I did say pray in the later post, it was RIGHT afterwards. So please, spare me. I said several times I would never wish that on the girl. And I am SORRY IF I OFFENDED. I really don't wish/pray/hope for that. I hope for the world to be allowed an education, and to be respected, especially by their parents.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options

I agree but
    ed43b386a5de32e649fd0782c06034b0.jpg
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options

I have a solution for you. STOP COMING BACK! Some people are legitimately trying to have conversations here, I feel like you're, in my step father's words, a 'turd stirrer' You're coming in here and posting that over and over specifically to get people to rise to your bait so you can have some argument or just sit back and watch others argue over it. Just get off the topic if it bothers you so much, no one said you had to keep coming back :)
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options

I don't disagree that there was some disrespect on both sides in that thread and while I don't agree with disrespect or judgement from either side, that was pretty tame for the internet when dealing with a topic like that

I mean I have seem much more iflammatory things when talking about hockey nevermind an inflammatory topic like religion or politics lol :)

Ah, you hockey dudes!!

dudette :P lol :)

yep, we be crazy :P
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I did say pray in the later post, it was RIGHT afterwards. So please, spare me. I said several times I would never wish that on the girl. And I am SORRY IF I OFFENDED. I really don't wish/pray/hope for that.

This is what you said:
    I am actually hoping your daughter ends up pregnant at 16. May it be immaculate ;) in fact for you, I will say a prayer :)

Now you're saying you would never wish that on the girl, but that's not what you originally said. I hope you can now see how crappy a statement that was.
  • Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread made it quite far without being nasty...

Discussing things in a non-offensive manner =/= bashing. Most people here seem to be handling it pretty well.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

I have a solution for you. STOP COMING BACK! Some people are legitimately trying to have conversations here, I feel like you're, in my step father's words, a 'turd stirrer' You're coming in here and posting that over and over specifically to get people to rise to your bait so you can have some argument or just sit back and watch others argue over it. Just get off the topic if it bothers you so much, no one said you had to keep coming back :)

I dont have to leave muahahahahahaha!

I was hoping to spread a little light a bit of wisdom maybe some tolerance but I see it was in vain
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

I agree but
    ed43b386a5de32e649fd0782c06034b0.jpg

Please...PLEASE tell me you didn't just compare someone saying this thread should be locked to Bashar Al-freaking-Assad?!
  • bearkisses
    Options
    I did say pray in the later post, it was RIGHT afterwards. So please, spare me. I said several times I would never wish that on the girl. And I am SORRY IF I OFFENDED. I really don't wish/pray/hope for that.

This is what you said:
    I am actually hoping your daughter ends up pregnant at 16. May it be immaculate ;) in fact for you, I will say a prayer :)

Now you're saying you would never wish that on the girl, but that's not what you originally said. I hope you can now see how crappy a statement that was.

i guess it takes longer for some christians to forgive than others. I was just busting your chops. I love youth, and people, honestly. I also grew up christian, which is why it irks me. But I totally respect spirituality. I just think it is such an awful shame when parents won't educate their children, it does them way more harm. You said you educate, good for you.
  • bearkisses
    Options

I was hoping to spread a little light a bit of wisdom maybe some tolerance but I see it was in vain

you've done no harm. and I forgive you :)
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options

Right because you like the fighting. Whatever not everyone here was being judgmental and rude so you really didn't need to spread anything and I can't take advice from people who enjoy spreading trouble