While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I cant even remember the last time i had pop tarts but my sister in law was eating some yesterday. lol
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.

Nutella contains crack Im sure!!!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont hate Pop Tarts... I just binge on a box or two on my refeed days :)
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My mom has a "lifetime" supply in the garage thanks to a really good deal at 99 cent stores and such haha.
    Eats 2 to 4 a day and is still losing weight. She can eat more then me though so she gets away with it.
    That and she has braces so they are way easier to eat :ohwell: :laugh:
  • Kennysgirl1
    Options
    Has anyone tried the chocolate covered peanut butter Pop Tarts yet? I saw them in the store and I was curious,
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Never had one but I'm assuming the hate is because they are full of crap?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

They are like an orgasm in your mouth ^

No homo
  • T_Marie323
    T_Marie323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear they are a great post work out snack to get your insulin levels back to normal
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I just am not a huge fan i love my eggs lol but i dont think they are the devil lol
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

Omg!

It's times like these I miss living in the states. I guess that's good since I'd probably chow the entire box.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've never even tried a pop tart! Am I the only one? They're not really a big thing in England. I think they were for a bit when I was young but my mum would never let us have them!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've never even tried a pop tart! Am I the only one? They're not really a big thing in England. I think they were for a bit when I was young but my mum would never let us have them!

Same as that^^ My Mum used to say they are just full of rubbish and refused to buy them and by the time I was doing my own shopping the appeal had passed.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.

Nutella contains crack Im sure!!!

I could just sit with a spoon and a huge costco jar and nom nom nom my way through it. On Holiday I discovered Nutella on the go. So glad they are not in the shops here as I am not sure I am that strong to not buy them.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Nope, never. They do sell them in Tescos though they are expensive.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the chocolate covered peanut butter Pop Tarts yet? I saw them in the store and I was curious,

They are pretty good, but (I can't believe I'm saying this) the non-chocolate peanut butter pop tarts are better. Taste kinda like a peanut butter cookie with peanut butter filling. Mmmmm. . . :bigsmile:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Really, they are so good, but I cannot justify them in my calories/macros. The sheer amount of sugar in them makes me feel like crap, physically, after I eat them and then I'm hungry an hour and a half later. I'd rather just eat greek yogurt or egg whites or something like that.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    To follow my ice cream hating topic: Why all the hate for Pop Tarts? I'd love to hear why I shouldn't be eating two a day. My diary's open.

-M

Greatest thread ever! I think someones hungry....
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I haven't read a single thread or comment on any thread that's 'hating' on Pop Tarts.

Am I missing something?

Huh.
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have boxes of them at my desk at work... I love to dunk them in my coffee. I love the Cinnamon Swirl (which is hard to find, they may have stopped making them), some of the others don't work well in my coffee.

That being said, 2 pastries aren't very filling at all. I would rather eat some oatmeal or a protein bar. I construct my own bars now using Element Bars... I first saw them on Shark Tank. So although I may partake in a pop tart occasionally, it's not worth the calorie penalty for me on a daily basis.

Someone posted about... that if it fits in your calories... GO FOR IT. I don't believe in killing yourself to restrict everything good out of your diet.
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Morethanwillpower12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My 16 y/o son loves the Red Velvet ones! He is so afraid they are going to stop making them because they are "limited edition" that he has me buy all of the remaining boxes every time we go to our local grocery store. Yesterday it was 4 boxes! Luckily for me and the local IGA that I don't go grocery shopping often. lol