• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Christmas Abbott seems to think you can

tumblr_lzy5nrJXXy1qhdylro1_500.jpg
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's possible for girls to get six packs.

AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

Whats funny is that you put up this picure of a crossfitter, but slam eating Paleo in another thread, when the two are very highly associated. And NO I did not say that everyone that does one, always does the other....

grabbing a pictures of crossfitters to show abs on girls has no tie to that at all. you can google pictures of girls with abs and come across crossfitters.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    not a crossfiter

13z4ohy.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    girls with six packs are hawt.

and they can get it with more body fat then men.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Men
    malebodyfat11.jpg

menbodyfat2.jpg

Women
    womenbodyfat1.jpg

womenbodyfat3.jpg
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I decided i would start a routine to find that out myself. You have to focus on diet more so than working out as you have to cut the fat that's around your core. Just get to it and win that bet!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yes women can get 6 packs. But it is ALL diet. Your BF% has to be <10% to start really seing them. As for an example... I give you Andrea Ager... CrossFit champion...

andrea.jpg

I just developed a crush on a girl. :blushing:
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Some of these women are just beautiful with their six packs...others are just ugly...IMHO I would not ever want that....esp the cross fit girl picture...gross!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Some of these women are just beautiful with their six packs...others are just ugly...IMHO I would not ever want that....esp the cross fit girl picture...gross!

trust me, you probably won't ever get one.

oh, and they probably think you're gross.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Sooooo-
    My boyfriend and I are discussing a challenge- see who can get a 6 pack first.
    I remember a rumor that girls couldn't get 6 packs... but I think that is just a myth.
    I want to know ( especially from the ladies rocking 6 packs) what works? How do you do it?
    What do you eat? Lift? run? Ect.

I'm kinda competitive and I want abs for myself, so why not win a bet while I'm at it? ;)
    Some people get really lean and just do not have the muscles for it. Even after bulking for a long period of time with direct ab work.

If you're slim and trying to get a six pack, gluck, you're in my boat, it's likely not going to happen if you keep everything the same but exercise. You'd need to do a pretty long bulk (calorie surplus) first.

If you're large and are lucky and have nice genetics then lift with a deficit. Lifting helps retain muscle mass. The calorie deficit well help you lose fat. That's your best bet.

When you're over on your calories the easiest way to create deficit is cardio. Skipping burns calories like mad but it's hard to keep up so many people choose running because they'll end up burning more over time. You're not going to build sick ab muscles doing cardio (unless you're already genetically lean in the mid section), but it helps you lose weight and it is better then doing nothing and good for your heart and lungs.

If you're going for lean, lift.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Aww now my feelings are hurt and I am going to cry...NOT! No need to be mean...I was just saying and I did say IN MY OPINION... :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Aww now my feelings are hurt and I am going to cry...NOT! No need to be mean...I was just saying and I did say IN MY OPINION... :)

i wasn't being mean.

i was stating MY OPINION.
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It is genetically impossible for a women to have abs without being on steroids, at most doing its naturally girls can only have a 2 pack because of their xx chromosomes so the only way to get a six pack is to also have a y chromosomes which why some women will use steroids to get a 6 pack. Just kidding it is totally possible for girls to get 6 pack, girls can't get a 6 pack is a myth.

Lol I was like wtf straight bro science until I read the whole thing. But yeah of course it's possible.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

i wasn't being mean.

i was stating MY OPINION.
    LOL It's as if she's talking directly to herself :p
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's possible for girls to get six packs.

AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

Whats funny is that you put up this picure of a crossfitter, but slam eating Paleo in another thread, when the two are very highly associated. And NO I did not say that everyone that does one, always does the other....
    This particular Crossfitter, literally the Crossfit postergirl, tried Paleo and gave it up because it wasn't compatible with her training volume and intensity, or with her cultural food preferences (Icelandic).