While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's wrong with you people. Haven't you discovered oreos yet? They're far more delicious. I ate a box one day.

They are not allowed in my house. I've learned to control the Pop Tarts, but the Oreos...NO. And I heard they have peanut butter Oreos now, so that doesn't help matters at all!
    OMG WHAT?! PEANUTBUTTER?!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's wrong with you people. Haven't you discovered oreos yet? They're far more delicious. I ate a box one day.

I skipped oreos and went straight for the gold: girl scout cookies... OM NOM NOM NOM!

Oh, good. Oreos, Thin Mints and Red Velvet Cake Pop Tarts. Throw in some vanilla ice cream and a beer am I'm looking at my next bulking meal. Will have to wait . . . :cry:
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my siblings loved pop-tarts growing up but i was always a toaster's strudel kinda gal. :) strawberry please.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Lemon meringue yesterday while grocery shopping, I could not resist! I eat them post workout....best cardboard ever =)

Ok, I MUST try these. MUST.

The website doesn't say they exist! :grumble: :angry:

I promise you they do! I live in South Carolina and I discovered them in Publix
    The ones I've found are called "Toaster Pastries" rather than "Pop Tarts," but they are lemon meringue.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

They are not allowed in my house. I've learned to control the Pop Tarts, but the Oreos...NO. And I heard they have peanut butter Oreos now, so that doesn't help matters at all!

2010+aPRIL+553.jpg
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    This has bothered me for a long time-why are frosted pop tarts the same number of calories as unfrosted?
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

2010+aPRIL+553.jpg

OMG, I SO did NOT need to know that!!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    This has bothered me for a long time-why are frosted pop tarts the same number of calories as unfrosted?

More importantly, why ARE there unfrosted pop tarts at all?
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    at 200 calories a Pop( see what I did there)
    I could eat a whole box and stay at 1800 cals a day
    Hhhhmm.., new plan????
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Lemon meringue yesterday while grocery shopping, I could not resist! I eat them post workout....best cardboard ever =)

Ok, I MUST try these. MUST.

The website doesn't say they exist! :grumble: :angry:

I promise you they do! I live in South Carolina and I discovered them in Publix
    The ones I've found are called "Toaster Pastries" rather than "Pop Tarts," but they are lemon meringue.

AHA! Mystery solved. An off-brand, perhaps, yet this might be a worthy pursuit, simply for the sake of science.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I totally shouldn't have come here. It's like an alcoholic poking his head into a bar just out of sheer curiosity.

Nooow I totally must have a s'mores poptart or at best those lame little strawberry frosting covered ones that they overprice in the vending machine at work.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    ONE! ONE pop tart ROLL!

AH HA HA AH HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

Thanks for making me laugh!
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    my siblings loved pop-tarts growing up but i was always a toaster's strudel kinda gal. :) strawberry please.

Toaster strudels....mmmmm...
    I have to turn my head when I walk by them in the store...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

See, now this makes a lot more sense.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would like either Pop Tarts with frosting ALLLLLLL the way to the edges... or some Pop Tarts Uncrustables style. Without the frosting on the edges, I'd rather be eating cardboard.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would like either Pop Tarts with frosting ALLLLLLL the way to the edges... or some Pop Tarts Uncrustables style. Without the frosting on the edges, I'd rather be eating cardboard.

YES!!!!

ETA; lets be real here, we have the technology to bring the filling about 2mm from the edge... lets use it! lol
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Toaster Strudel always seemed too pretentious and uppity for me. Pop Tarts are how i roll. Did i see Oreo Pop Tarts at the store the other day, or was i hallucinating?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Wait, there are pumpkin pie Pop-tarts? :noway:
    Best things in the WORLD!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

2010+aPRIL+553.jpg

house-do-want.jpg
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Go team toaster strudel.

Don't you remember the commercials, the poor deprived, mocked child who was force fed nasty dry poptarts while his friend got the delicious, gooey, warm toaster strudel. Truth.