How long has it been since you've had fast food?

So I used to be a huge fast food junkie (I had it at least once a day). Since starting on MFP, I haven't had fast food for 45 days (I don't include pizza that I get every now and again, though maybe I should haha).

It's been really cool to not eat this stuff everyday, and even cooler to realize that I don't think about cheating with the stuff any more.

..Though I guess now as I post this, I could go for some Taco Bell :D.

I think eating breakfast and snacks up before my lunch has really helped curb the cravings, so I don't go into the lunch hour starving and thinking about cheeseburgers and chicken!

Anyone else feel the same way?

Replies

• At the end of February I had a ham and cheese sandwich and curly fries from Arby's.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    66 days. If (when) I do succumb, it will be for taco bell.
  • lizardcave
    lizardcave Posts: 42 Member
    I had a diet coke yesterday, but haven't eaten FF in, oh, ten days?

Last night I had errands to run and ate a healthy meal at home before heading out. On my way home, DD asked for Taco Bell and I granted her wish. Fake-Mex had never smelled so good before... but I resisted.

Once I start eating processed food my body seems to crave those kinds of empty carbs, so at times it can be a challenge. Last night was definitely a challenge... but I made it home and didn't even sneak a bite!
  • vikki228
    vikki228 Posts: 3
    I lost 5 lbs my goal is 15 more pounds. I want to weigh 115 lbs. I know how I did it, I wasn't home for a couple of days, so I didn't eat...as much
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had a Burger King Double Whopper, no cheese or mayo about 2 weeks ago.

It was awesome.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Usually every weekend during the summer because we grab stuff on the road, on the way to/from our sailboat slip :smile:
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Pizza is most certainly fast food, but if thats all you've had in the last 45 days then you still get kudos from me. I never go to burger joints, but I'll have pizza once in a while and I go to Tim Hortons pretty much everyday, but mostly just for a coffee, or a soup or sandwich.... so I'm more of a tim hortons holic than a fast food holic. I haven't had a burger joint in 2ish months and haven't had McDonalds in 7 years, that stuff is GARBAGE!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Totally lost track, at LEAST 10 yrs!!!
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    I'm lucky enough that my boyfriend is eating healthy with me, or else I'd have to watch him eat fast food every day at lunch!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Last Thursday - power was out and I had to do something for dinner.

I have cut back drastically. I had been eating out 7-8 times a week between lunch and dinner and now I have it once every 2-3 weeks. I always work it into my cals for the day.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    I ate panda express for lunch. Oddly, I do not feel guilty eating fresh vegetables, lean meats, and some soy sauce.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    OOh I forgot about Chinese food! I could really go for some of that :3
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I eat it every couple of weeks when I want it. That's actually a lot more often than I did as a kid or even a few years ago when I was overweight.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    I had a double Whopper and fries last week while I was on vacation! Tasted SO good but I paid for it later because my stupid intestines are stupid and they hate me just as much as I hate them, apparently! :grumble:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hmm, I had Taco Bell about a month ago. My cravings for fast food go in and out.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    I had a Burger King Double Whopper, no cheese or mayo about 2 weeks ago.

It was awesome.
    Tuesday. ^^This, except mine was a Triple Whopper (no cheese/mayo/pickles/onion/ketchup; extra lettuce/tomato). Was leaving work 3-4 hours later than usual and didn't have any leftovers or anything quick and healthy. I knew that I would succumb to eating a bunch of crap while thawing/cooking something good, so I went to BK.
    Fortunately, this is something that I already mapped out and saved in MFP's "My Foods" section because it's a filling drive-thru meal with relatively low sodium (<700mg). That's less sodium than any of the puny Wendy's Value Menu burgers that I used to buy 2-3 at a time!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Pizza is fast food, why lie to yourself?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    bless me OP for i have dined.
    it's been ~3 days since my last delicious meal from dunkin donuts...

pretty sure i had a 6-pack of tacos from the bell about 2 weeks ago too.

loves me some taco bell.