Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth-
    First this is mommylamb07. I decided to change my username because my old one reflected my last name from my first marriage.

Second, I didn't finish my burn intervals completely today like I should have. It's a 45 min video and I made it through 30. I was tired and my shoulder is sore. I'm not sure if I just slept on it wrong or if I hurt it working out last night.

Third, I am a complete scale-aholic. I step on the scale all. the. time. It's probably a good thing I'm going away for a week tomorrow just to get away from it. I may have my husband hide it from me when I get home and just pull it out once a week when it's time to weigh in.

Fourth, I find it hard not to get discouraged when I don't see the weight come off. My ticker says 5 pounds off but the scale this morning said I gained 3 of those back. The only way I see that happening is from water weight. Take a look at my food diary, I'm not saint by all means but I am very close to if not under my goal every day. I know I am building muscle and I can see and feel a difference but I just wish it'd come faster!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    My ticker says 5 pounds off but the scale this morning said I gained 3 of those back. The only way I see that happening is from water weight. Take a look at my food diary, I'm not saint by all means but I am very close to if not under my goal every day.

That's water weight, you ate an INSANE amount of salt yesterday. Drink some extra water for the next few days and lay off the salt. It'll come right off.... or out....
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Anna - I agree with MowMow - it appears to be the salt you ate yesterday. So, sweat it out, drink plenty of water, and yes, let your DH hide the scale during the week, and take that anxiety away from you. Lesson learned about the salt - :drinker:
  • ldfuchs
    ldfuchs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One thing you might consider for support is OA. Overeaters Anonymous. I attend for a couple of years and learned a
    great deal about myself. It is based on the 12 step program. But more important we exchanged phone numbers if we
    needed help from day to day. SUPPORT IS THE KEY.

Plus have nothing in your house you can not eat. Because I can not exclusively do this in my home, I have drawers and shelves
    in the refrigerator and pantry that are only mine. I was surprised how small changes can make a huge difference.

LOVE YOURSELF AND CELEBRATE YOURSELF EVERYDAY!!! I do alot of affirmation to myself about attributes.
    It was awesome to become one of my own supporters. OA taught me that.

I too have gained weight in the past few years and need to lose around 80 pounds. It can be discouraging . I try to get thru
    one meal at a time. ALWAYS HAVE WHAT YOU NEED . DO NOT LIVE TO EAT, EAT GOOD NUTRITION TO LIVE.

MYFITNESS PAL HAS SO MUCH SUPPORT. I ENJOYED OPEING UP TO RECORD MY FOOD AND SEE EVERYONES COMMENTS. DO THIS ON A DAILY BASIS. SUCCESS STORIES GIVE ME HOPE.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS STRUGGLING WITH GETTING HEALTHY. I WASTED ALOT OF ENERGY AND TIME ON SELF HATE. YOU ARE SPECIAL.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The chocolate pumpkin cake was very good. All it is a chocolate cake mix, and pure pumpkin. DON'T add the eggs, oil or water to the mix. It is a very low fat, calorie cake. I just used a canned chocolate frosting whipped and added a fruit decoration. It was very pretty and everyone loved it. I think they appreciated the cake since it was low calorie and relatively healthy. They were also surprised at how moist it was.

Sherrie welcome back.

Karen- that recipe sounds good

Kris- love the shelves and happy that the cats are not knocking the pots and other stuff. My cat would have knocked them off, he was not very agile nor did he watch were he stepped.

kah- I hope your back feels better soon. You will want to avoid that machine but maybe you could just do squats without the machine. I am not sure what the v-squat machine is like but it does not sound like fun. Squats are not easy but a machine could make it worse.

Truth- I ate a very late dinner tonight the salad was good and small but I could have done better than wings. The only problem was that we went to an Italian cafe so many of the choices were pasta or bread based and I knew that I could not eat a whole dinner. Otherwise, today was not too bad food wise, but I need to work on better choices for when I go out to eat at night. The late dinner was due to the long meeting I had today. It started at 10 and ended about 7;45pm. We had to discuss our PDS program and then we interviewed next year's interns from 3-7;45. Oh my some of the them look very young for grad students, We need to start them in middle school so they have a chance of looking older than a few of their students. Plus we need to find a mentor teacher who is willing to be a very nurturing mentor and cheer leader.

Happy first day of summer in a matter of hours depending on where you live. Summer Solstice is today.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hmm, Mow Mow, do you have scraps of board left? I saw this on Pinterest and it was pretty cute. Its cat climbing steps built into a corner of a room. Here's the link http://pinterest.com/pin/7810999326019766/

Laurie - Thanks for wishing us all a great SUMMER! Whoo hoo, its finally here. We're expecting 90+ days all weekend and no rain, so I'm planning on wearing a sun dress around my BF's house all weekend, and we might go to a water park too. I love getting into lightweight clothes finally.

Kah - I'm excited to hear your exercising again, but sad to hear the one exercise aggravated your back. I hope its only temporary and goes away overnight.

Tina - too bad with the alarm clock - how awful to have to rush like that. You are doing so GREAT on the 30DS! I'm impressed you're not doing measurements - that you are just going by your clothes. You have so much more confidence than you had a year ago! :heart:

When I did my squats tonight, I consciously tried to squat deeper and get my butt out back further. I think I see improvement. I'd probably be doing more if it weren't for my artificial knee. I get a feeling like a strap around it after a while.

Sunday - 32 squats
    Mon - nothing
    Tues - nothing
    Weds - 64 squats
    Thurs - 80 squats
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just finished Emma's birthday cake. My first experience with fondant (other than a big fail trying to make my own). I think it turned out cute. I'm so excited to show her in the morning!!!

e82312a6-81cd-4694-9250-95ca03e442ea_zps573aa33e.jpg
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Friday!

Last night I just wore Zoe out. We don’t play with the laser often because it gets her too excited, had that cat running all over the house – she was just panting away. Took her a while to calm down, but then she curled up next to me and slept like a baby! Just a half-day for me today – I’m pretty glad too, my back woke me up at 3:30 and I never did go back to sleep. I see a nap in my future! Of course, I’m having some work done at my house but I’m hoping they’ll finish early so I can work in a chiro appt late.

@Laurie~Cake sounds delish, glad everyone enjoyed it! My trainer calls that v-squat machine a football squat, that’s the position it puts your body in – so you’re at an angle. It is awesome for working the thighs, quads, and hamstrings – it also works some mid-back muscles because the weight is sitting on your shoulders. It is the one exercise where I can count on being sore two days later. I think it’s better for you than using the Smith machine for squats. For some reason, it’s just killer on my lower back, I think it has me leaning too far forward which is bad for the lower back. I’m just going to stick with my usual kettlebell squats for a while (I do a static form), there is also a Free Motion squat machine where you stand completely vertical so may try that one and see if it does better – it’s weird, but I love working my legs. :happy:

@Tracy~Fondant is a pain to make and difficult to master, so good choice in buying it. I love the cake – excellent job, I bet Emma is thrilled!

@Robin~I don’t do Pinterest (okay, I don’t get it :laugh: ) – but love those shelves, I see a carpentry project for my dad! Zoe would love them, she’s a climber.

Friday Fitness~It was an okay week from a fitness standpoint. Made it to the gym 3 days so far, skipped yesterday because of my back but did some housework instead so still burned some calories. I am happy to report that my dining room table is CLEAN! :bigsmile: I may swim tomorrow for something different – there is a water aerobics class in the morning, I’ve never gotten a very good calorie burn from it before, but may give it a whirl instead of swimming laps – that would be a different outdoor activity for June. :wink: Not much else planned, may see some friends for lunch & a movie tomorrow. Otherwise low key.

Enjoy the first day of Summer – 14 of hours of daylight, nice! :love:
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Kah- that machine sounds like trouble with the squats. You can try the goddess squat- a pose taken from yogo where you squat as far down as you can go with keeping a proper form and hold for 15 sec or longer if possible. Then each time you go lower, it provides a really good stretch of the legs, hamstrings and lower back as well. Hope your back heals quickly.

I hope everyone that is in CO, AZ and NM stays safe from the fires and that they become under control as quickly as possible.

Fitness- I have decided to make jogging my new activity. I think I like the new training program enough to continue with it. Besides I hear it is good for strengthening the core and helping to lose the fat around the middle.

tlh- I love the cake.

Sunday workout swim .5 miles DONE
    Monday- Trainer DONE 5K training started
    Tuesday- rock climbing with a group DONE
    Wednesday- workout either pool or gym GYM DONE 5K training
    Thursday- Rest day- meeting all day DONE
    Friday- Rock climbing
    Saturday- outdoor activity either bike or swim-may do 5K TRAINING again
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    Started another good habit to get a touch more movement in my day. In the past I have tried for the closest spot to the front door at work. Yesterday I picked the farthest spot in the lot and decided to walk the long way to the front door.
    Also we're getting pizza today at work(hate pizza days). Already found out that they're getting a veggie pizza and logged the 1 piece that I'm having. Plan on getting a banana to fill me up the rest of the way and plan to drink my 3rd gallon of water since Wednesday to wash everything out.
    Just out of curiosity, I weighed myself this morning and have lost a pound and a half with just upping my water so hopefully my weight loss will kick into gear next week when I start working out.
    Wish me luck!
    Doug
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just finished Emma's birthday cake. My first experience with fondant (other than a big fail trying to make my own). I think it turned out cute. I'm so excited to show her in the morning!!!

Really cute cake. Kind of Rainbow Fish-like. Great job!
    Doug
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a short kettlebell workout and two of the exercises are squats. I'm using a 7lb kettlebell atm, I'm hoping to up that right quick.

Robin, I do have the scraps and I had the same idea for the boys! My problem is that few places they'd work in the apartment don't have studs and I don't think drywall anchors will hold them. Combined they = almost 25lbs. It wouldn't be static weight, they'd be running, wrestling, and jumping on and off it. I'm afraid it'll eventually fall and trash the apartment.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @doug--awesome job getting back on track! Isn't amazing how much just drinking enough water can affect health/weight? I know getting enough sleep has a similar effect--unfortunately, I rarely sleep enough. :ohwell:

@laurie--glad you are enjoying your new training and running is really good for your core. I actually lost a lot of inches on my hips and thighs when I started running, but I was also a lot heavier than you are now. Oh, and the cake sounds delish! I'm going to have to try that!

@kelley--before we got gunner, we used to cat-sit for my sister and he just LOVED chasing the dot!

@tracy--awesome cake!

@robin--great job with the squats!

@anna--research shows that people who weigh themselves daily actually have more success with weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight. However, that only works if you don't obsess about every little fluctuation. Your weight WILL go up and down--that's just reality. I highly recommend weighing yourself daily but only recording losses here on MFP when you drop below your previous low. In addition, you have to think of yourself at that lowest weight regardless of what the scale says at this moment. So if the scale says 237 today and that's your lowest weight, record the loss on your ticker. If tomorrow the scale says 239, that doesn't mean you gained weight; it's just an upward fluctuation--you still think of yourself as weighing 237. One day in the next few days or a week or whatever, the scale will say 236 and that's what you record and now weigh. And so on...This mentality really helped me get over the scale-phobia I had when I started this. It also taught me that the scale is just one measure of success. Right now my scale is saying I weigh 186, but my clothes are fitting better than when I was at my lowest of181 b/c my body is actually smaller (way more important that my weight!).

Friday Fitness:
    I got all of my membership materials for my 30 day free trial at SNAP fitness. Now I'm just waiting to hear if I ca go there this afternoon for my welcome session. I really wanted to go for a run, but the sky just turned a scary black color.:ohwell: Today will also be my last day of 30 DS level1--yay!

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + run NOT DONE + 30 DS NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE +30DS DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + run SKIPPING THIS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok I leave in an hour but wanted to share this first. 26 days since starting CLX
    5 pounds lost. 2 in in waist, 0 hips, 1/2 thigh, 1/2 calf, 1/2 neck, 1/2 upper ar,m

eb34835d-e282-4cc5-be41-80fb4f4ad4b0.jpg
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

so cute!
    @toots--my DH and I rarely sleep in the same bed at the same time mainly due to our sleep schedules. He goes to bed early and snores pretty loudly. I'm a raging insomniac and can't fall asleep while he's snoring (although once I'm asleep I'm hard to awaken). Also, b/c of my insomnia, I toss and turn until I'm out which awakens my DH who is a very light sleeper. Finally, I MUST have the TV on to fall asleep, but if I turn it on in the bedroom it will wake him up. We are just a hot mess! :laugh: The result is that he goes to bed in our bedromm and I tend to fall asleep on the couch; then, when he gets up for work in the morning I transfer to the bed. On the rare occassion that I go to bed first, we can sleep in the same bed.

yeah, he started out on the couch (because i was the snorer haha) and eventually we just gave up and he got his own bedroom. it was nice for closets anyway lol
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @toots--we already have separate closets--I, of course, get the bigger one. :tongue:

@anna--great progress so far! Enjoy your trip and visiting with family.

AFM--I was going to go for a run with gunner--literally had his leash in my hand and one foot out the door and the skies opened. :grumble: At least the rain didn't wait until I was 5 blocks from home. I switched the plan and did 30 DS instead. Then when the rain stopped I took gunner for a walk. May take him for another later depending on the weather. Right now I'm at starbucks getting ready to read more Catch 22--it's been a few days. I may still have my orientation at the new fitness center this evening as well--depending if they have time to fit me in. I hope so b/c otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday. I guess that really wouldn't be a BIG deal, but my other gym membership expired yesterday and it feels a little weird to be in this "no-gym limbo."

Exercise Goals:
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tlh0407—the aqua power sounds awesome! I have never done water aerobics before! I swim a lot at my parents and try to do exercises but my daughter wants to play the whole time so I play with her lol. That cake is SO cute!
    Skinny—I do the same thing, I take a few seconds and let my arms rest but continue with the squats. I keep trying to push myself each time. Hopefully by the 10th day I am able to do the whole thing no stops! Most definitely going to try that recipe I think! Sounds so yummy! I hate when workout plans get messed up lol but at least you did something else and got the 30DS and a walk in!
    Robin—Well at least with the alarm clock being turned off and not getting it done in the morning, I came home from work and first thing I did was my workout. So at least I got it in  I suppose I am going by my clothes lol I mainly forgot to take measurements and decided to do it next time.
    Doug—Great job on parking farther away! I have been doing that when we go shopping somewhere. Great job on planning ahead for lunch at work! I really need to start drinking more water, used to be SO good at it…I need to start again 

Friday Fitness—Today was L2 D4 of 30DS. Tomorrow will be halfway through the program! I am excited about that! I am noticing myself pushing harder through the moves that kill me. Still have to stop sometimes I still have to stop and rest for a few seconds, try not to go over 5 seconds. Been swimming as well most days after work or close too. More playing in the pool with my daughter, but we are constantly moving and swimming so I know it’s a good workout.

Have a great day!!!
    Tina
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Karen-I also hope that running will spur the weight loss again plus help with losing the inches around the middle and in the legs.
    Doug-Great job pre-logging the pizza and planning ahead for it. Great job on the water but don't drink to much of it either- 3 gallons is a huge amount that is 192 ounces.
    Tina- Great job on doing the 30 day shred, it is great that you have reached the half way point.
    Karen- Hope you get the introduction to the new gym tonight. If not can you use the gym tomorrow anyway, I am sure most the equipment will be familiar to you. Glad you missed the downpour today. Great job on completing week 1 of 30DS
    Anna- Enjoy your trip. You are off to a great start.

Saturday Success and Friday Fitness--- tonight I went up another level in rock climbing.:bigsmile: :laugh: The climbs are rated according to difficulty and I have been climbing at at intermediate level between 5.6 and 5.8 levels. The easiest levels are about 5.5 and below, the hardest levels are 5.10.a and above. Tonight, I climbed 2- 5.10.a walls. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I was extremely happy to complete both climbs tonight and I only went off course a couple of times, partly because the markers were hard to see. They used different colored masking tape so like colors are hard to tell apart for example red and pink, black and grey. The walls had sections that were difficult due to the length of steps upwards or the swinging motion from one side to the other. I ended on an easier wall and that just seemed to easy tonight- even through it was a little tricky step wise.

Have a great weekend and hope you can find time to get outside.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    I got to go to my new gym. Not really sure how I feel about it yet. It seems okay so far.

Exercise Goals:
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + new gym!!! DONE

Setting up my schedule for next week.

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner + run or gym + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Mon--walk gunner + run or gym
    Tues--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Wed--walk gunner + run or gym + 30DS
    Thurs--walk gunner + run or gym
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @toots--we already have separate closets--I, of course, get the bigger one. :tongue:

i wish we had separate closets. he has twice the amount of clothing i have. he says it's his uniforms but it isn't that. he just has way more clothing than any one person should have and he refuses to part with any of it. he probably has 30 button up long sleeved shirts. 20+ polos. it's just absurd. i should have so much clothing :laugh: