"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• prgarrett5331
    Options
    Avocado
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Avocado
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    vegetables and fruits

muahahaa. not much left in the world once you take these out. so like bread and meat is your goto eh? good luck w/ that.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    lol I have the opposite problem. I love hummus and seafood so much that I can't stay away from them for long!
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms...:sick: Have hated them since a kid. My husband loves them so every now and then I'll try one again just to see if I can tolerate them and as of yet, that's a huge no go. I don't care for the taste and can't stand the texture!
  • LidijaR
    LidijaR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Like everything! Especially cottage cheese, avocadoes, celeries, mushrooms.. I must be lucky!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - any kind of sour cream tasting stuff, bleggh, tomatoes, avocados, mushrooms, olives, grapefruit. Would never make it on the MUFA diet unless it was strictly the dark chocolate, so sadly not a lot of "healthy fats" make it down and stay down.
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When my youngest son was four I put some asparagus on his plate. My rule was that they had to take one bite of a new food on three different occasions and if they didn't like it after trying it three times then they didn't have to eat it. My son had never tried asparagus before and after his first bite made a face. I was surprised when he put more on his fork and reminded him of the rule. He looked at me and said "I have to eat it, Mom. It's good for me!"

Unlike my son, I don't eat foods I've tried and don't like. I don't like cottage cheese or yogurt, mushrooms, broccoli or brussel sprouts. My list of disliked foods is short and there are a lot of healthy foods I do like that I'll happily eat. Life is too short to eat foods I detest. I don't see any need to punish myself by forcing myself to eat them. And I don't.
  • Jenny9000
    Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts..MUSHROOMS (everything about them...blech....even the psychedelic ones ;) ) and cabbage. Dx
  • cchardy82
    cchardy82 Posts: 26
    Options
    mushrooms, cottage cheese, tofu, most fish, squash, and okra
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is freaking gross.

So is any non-fat dairy product. Tastes like chalk.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Seaweed.
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bok choy and raw tomatoes. Bok choy tastes like soapy yet dirty laundry and ruins every Asian-inspired dish I've ever had.
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    Tomatoes (and anything involved with them. I won't even eat ketchup or marinara sauce or pizza)
    Mushrooms
    Cottage Cheese
    Greek Yogurt (It makes me want to throw up)
    and the Walden Farms products. I can't even stomach them.
  • Charchar92xx
    Options
    vegeatables!!!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, mushrooms, any type of seafood, greek yogurt
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    in general i like all the good food.
    i'm not a big fan of fresh water fish and some types of lettuce( frisee and radicchio for example), but i'm not too fussy about them.
  • TeresaM1992
    Options
    I think about the most awfull for me is LIVER! My Dad forced me to eat a form of it when I was a kid but I gagged everytime. Just the thought of it makes my stomach churn.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes. And I'm 1/2 Italian :(

same here! 1/4 Italian, but yeah.