Fit For Future Families

Options

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    wow, more new comers every day...welcome all!

I had a not so great weekend along with the rest of the group, I guess it was more of a party weekend for some reason. Now, I'm trying to kick it all out of my body. Do you have a preference on green tea or water when trying to lose that extra water weight? Or are they both the same to you?

Depends on whether your green tea is caffiene free or not and whether you sweeten it. Caffeine is not good for women TTC, but is good for men (GRRR). If it's caffeine, i count it in foods. If it's caffeine free, I might count it as water, if I'm struggling, but not normally.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    wow, more new comers every day...welcome all!

I had a not so great weekend along with the rest of the group, I guess it was more of a party weekend for some reason. Now, I'm trying to kick it all out of my body. Do you have a preference on green tea or water when trying to lose that extra water weight? Or are they both the same to you?

I drink two cups of caffeine free lemon herbal tea in the morning and then its water for the rest of the day. I count my tea as water since it's nutritional values for everything is 0 and there's no caffeine in it.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Jalara,
    What a great picture! And a beautiful dress....

Congratulations.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: BFP :bigsmile:

I guess all the cramping I have been feeling over the past week is actually pretty normal at the begining. Anyone have any suggestions on how to tell my husband? Although we have been trying, I think he will be super surprised because I have been complaining that I was getting my period (due to all the cramping).

My first Dr. appointment is September 17th! I already think I am going to be happy with the doctor as when I called this morning, they signed me up for a class they want us to go to piror to the first Dr. appt., and I asked a few questions the receptionist couldn't answer (if it is OK to keep taking the medication I am currently on). The nurse called me back within 10 minutes, and told me she wanted to talk to the doctor before giving me an answer. The doctor called me about 30 minutes later telling me it was absolutly fine to keep taking it, and asking if I had any other questions. I thought that was really nice.

So ladies....I really need your suggustions for telling hubby!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    tahmed: Congrats!! That's so GREAT! You should tell him over a romantic dinner, okay, i'm not sure how i would tell my hubby either if i were.....
  • fitterpam
    Options
    :bigsmile: BFP :bigsmile:

I guess all the cramping I have been feeling over the past week is actually pretty normal at the begining. Anyone have any suggestions on how to tell my husband? Although we have been trying, I think he will be super surprised because I have been complaining that I was getting my period (due to all the cramping).

My first Dr. appointment is September 17th! I already think I am going to be happy with the doctor as when I called this morning, they signed me up for a class they want us to go to piror to the first Dr. appt., and I asked a few questions the receptionist couldn't answer (if it is OK to keep taking the medication I am currently on). The nurse called me back within 10 minutes, and told me she wanted to talk to the doctor before giving me an answer. The doctor called me about 30 minutes later telling me it was absolutly fine to keep taking it, and asking if I had any other questions. I thought that was really nice.

So ladies....I really need your suggustions for telling hubby!

WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?!?! LOL Whoa...that's awesome!!!! LOL I have a :bigsmile: for you.

I would tell him when he's really not paying attention...hee hee (not dangerously, of course). But wait until he's really into something...it's always better when they don't see it coming.

A friend of mine (now, before I tell this story, let me say, she's crazy and no way would I have done this, but what's done is done) went for a motorcycle ride with her fiance the day she found out. It was the craziest ride of their life - they went with other people and it seemed like almost everyone fell off at least once, except them. Finally, cold from the weather they stopped in a coffee shop and she told him as he took the first sip....LOL He couldn't finish his coffee after that. Thankfully nothing happened on the ride and it's now a story they tell everyone.

The one time I thought I was BFP, it wasn't me that found out....LOL It was him. I'd thrown the test out (which was negative) in the garbage can in the bathroom the night before and the next day, he was using the facilities and just happened to look at it and there were definitely two lines on it. When they say don't read results after 10 minutes they meant it people! LOL He came running up the stairs and jumped on the bed (cause I was still sleeping) yelling "Why didn't you tell me?" I was very confused.

Another friend of mine found out right around Christmas. She wrapped up a mug that said "World's Best Dad" with the due date written on the bottom in permanent marker. LOL When he opened it Christmas morning, he put it back in the box and told her to rewrap it before her parents came over - she must have wrapped her Dad's gift up for him. LOL It wasn't until she made him turn it over that it dawned on him.

I guess what I'm trying to say is any way you tell him will be special and memorable if you make it about both of you and your life together.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Jalara, that's an awesome picture!

Tahmed......YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That is so awesome! And here you were talking OPK.
    Hmmm...how to tell the hubby....do you still have the pee stick? You could probably put it somewhere he would see it as soon as he comes in the door or where he puts his keys (with instructions, if you think he'll need them), and he could figure it out himself.

I really like fitterpam's suggestions too, love the story about your test.
  • paldal
    Options
    my tea is usually the lipton caffeine free stuff. no flavoring or sugar. I just add it as water too, but I'm not sure which is better for water weight.
    Alisa, I need to take a bathroom break pretty much every 2 hours too, so I guess that's still a good thing, no matter which I drink :wink:
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Tahmed-yeah!! A way to tell I thoght about doing was to put 1 bun in the oven and act busy and ask the husband if he can take something out of the oven for me and see if he "gets it". Hee Hee
  • higher_miles
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track. I had a great morning workout at the gym and will be doing some yoga later on before dinner.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Tahmed: Congratulations! I agree with fitterpam, any way you tell him, he will definitely be excited. Though one way, involves science.
    Take a Q-tip dipped in alcohol and write it on the mirror of course be creative about it and include the due date. He won't see the message until he takes a shower and the mirror is all fogged up. Either way, I know he'll be happy!

As for me, my husband just told me that he got verbal orders to remain in Groton. I get there in November after being separated for so long. We were worried that he was going to get sent somewhere else then I even cried, because I wanted so bad to start a family once I returned to the states. I'm still going to visit in Sept, but it will also be my TOM. :grumble:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Tahmed: Congratulations! I agree with fitterpam, any way you tell him, he will definitely be excited. Though one way, involves science.
    Take a Q-tip dipped in alcohol and write it on the mirror of course be creative about it and include the due date. He won't see the message until he takes a shower and the mirror is all fogged up. Either way, I know he'll be happy!

As for me, my husband just told me that he got verbal orders to remain in Groton. I get there in November after being separated for so long. We were worried that he was going to get sent somewhere else then I even cried, because I wanted so bad to start a family once I returned to the states. I'm still going to visit in Sept, but it will also be my TOM. :grumble:

OOOH - I love that idea! Might have to start using it for non-BFP surprises.....LOL

It must be frustrating to be on someone else's schedule - know it will happen when it's meant to....something I've taken to heart after 9 years of "trying" and 2 adoptions fallen through.....
  • paldal
    Options
    OH! I love that idea too! so what kind of alcohol, would nail polish remover work? I don't really keep rubbing alcohol at home.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Very much needing some positive words and encouragement today. BFP on Sunday. Doctor appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. This morning, started bleeding. This is after an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006 and miscarriages in January and October 2009.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Very much needing some positive words and encouragement today. BFP on Sunday. Doctor appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. This morning, started bleeding. This is after an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006 and miscarriages in January and October 2009.

Could just be implantation bleeding. Take it easy just in case and i'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!

On a more frusterated note...I'm getting impatient...I have 2 friends that are due in early september, one friend who's due in January and 2 other friends that just found out they're pregnant. Ugh...I realize that we're holding off on TTC bc obviously my husband doesn't want to miss the birth and I can't imagine going into labor and not being able to yell at him for doing that to me :-) (I didn't get that oppertunity with my first child..my poor nurse took the brunt...) but i want to start trying noooooow! In ADDITION he is now not going to be getting back from deployment until early/mid September 11' which means we can't even START trying until after new years (shooting for an October baby now...) vs Christmas like we had originally planned bc it will be cutting it too close...Grr...
    I'm also going to go off BC (Nueva ring) in October while he's gone so i my body can have a few months to regain control of my cycle but he comes home in November and will be home for November-Late January/Early February.... i don't want/need an "oops" baby...guess it's back to condoms for us...I can't even remember the last time we used acondom...I hope he remembers how to use one! :-)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

Could just be implantation bleeding. Take it easy just in case and i'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!

On a more frusterated note...I'm getting impatient...I have 2 friends that are due in early september, one friend who's due in January and 2 other friends that just found out they're pregnant. Ugh...I realize that we're holding off on TTC bc obviously my husband doesn't want to miss the birth and I can't imagine going into labor and not being able to yell at him for doing that to me :-) (I didn't get that oppertunity with my first child..my poor nurse took the brunt...) but i want to start trying noooooow! In ADDITION he is now not going to be getting back from deployment until early/mid September 11' which means we can't even START trying until after new years (shooting for an October baby now...) vs Christmas like we had originally planned bc it will be cutting it too close...Grr...
    I'm also going to go off BC (Nueva ring) in October while he's gone so i my body can have a few months to regain control of my cycle but he comes home in November and will be home for November-Late January/Early February.... i don't want/need an "oops" baby...guess it's back to condoms for us...I can't even remember the last time we used acondom...I hope he remembers how to use one! :-)

How I wish it were just implantation bleeding. Nope, this is much more than that, light cramps and all. :( Thank you for the positive thoughts though, much appreciated. Most likely back to TTC for us, just as soon as we possibly can. Hopefully with more support & answers from doc this time.

Best wishes on TTC yourself, though you have to wait -- hopefully the time will pass quickly for you so you can start TTC soooon! I understand about every around you being prego -- same story here, my brother, my best friend, several other friends and acquaintances. It WILL be our turn when it's time. It's just frustrating when we want it NOW!
  • paldal
    Options

I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you talked to your doc? Does he/she have anything to say about why you may be having trouble? I guess you will find out why tomorrow. I'm not much of a doctor and the nurse on this forum is off on her honeymoon, but I do know that some ovaries have trouble with implantation, but I think there's a way to fix it, sorry I'm not much help.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you talked to your doc? Does he/she have anything to say about why you may be having trouble? I guess you will find out why tomorrow. I'm not much of a doctor and the nurse on this forum is off on her honeymoon, but I do know that some ovaries have trouble with implantation, but I think there's a way to fix it, sorry I'm not much help.

Thank you. I had labs done a couple weeks ago and we're going to find out the results tomorrow, to see why I've had so much trouble conceiving and carrying to term. We weren't trying particularly hard this month to conceive, so it was a surprise to us that we had done so, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less to lose once again. Hoping the doctor will have our solution and the next time I get pregnant, baby will stick around!
  • paldal
    Options
    it may be that it was a false positive too right? I hear that happens sometimes.
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Congratulations Tahmed!