I'm tired, cranky now I read Kate Upton is fat?!

Options

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    2vufxh2.jpg
    That bikini is not flattering to her body type, but it's nothing to do with size. She doesn't exactly have a muffin top!

I had a dream a few nights ago that I finally hit my goal in terms of body fat %, and I bought this type of bikini to celebrate. I wish!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, the ignore user feature makes things so nice.:smile:

tumblr_lwvpedOZqC1qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If that's the case, then I'm a chubby chaser.

lol.. this.. all day..
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

I agree!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Well models should also represent health while they're at it. Nothing wrong with fantasy models, just not enough average ones out there. Everywhere you turn you see size 0 models. No wonder girls who are Kate's size think they're fat..

Models are not making a public service announcement. They are selling ****.

You seem to have a rather shocking lack of understanding of how the media influences individuals. Wow. Just oh wow!

The media influences individuals who can't wrap their heads around that fact that it's a fantasy. That's my whole point. Let the fantasy be the fantasy that it is. Don't conflate it with reality and get all bent out of shape because the two don't measure up. They aren't supposed to. That's why it sells. You're the one who doesn't seem to understand.

I'm sorry, but I believe there are much better "fantasies" of female beauty to be created than ones using half-starved girls with eating disorders and editing the crap out of the pictures. That's essentially saying that pop music is a "fantasy" with all the auto-tuning and whatnot. And yes, they both sell, but not to the people who value quality.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    She's not fat, but I do find her weight average and that's not good enough for a model.

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Well models should also represent health while they're at it. Nothing wrong with fantasy models, just not enough average ones out there. Everywhere you turn you see size 0 models. No wonder girls who are Kate's size think they're fat..

I totally agree. We need more average models like we need more average intelligence doctors and physicists. All those smarty pants types giving people of average intelligence low self esteem. It's just not fair.

Comparing someone's intelligence to how they treat their body is not only irrelevant, but it's insulting to imply that the pinnacle of human beauty should revolve around being as thin as possible no matter what the cost to your health. But then again I'm not really surprised to see such a comment from you.
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Here is the skinny, pun somewhat intended. Kate Upton is NOT particularly photogenic. Speaking as a professional portrait photographer, American standards of beauty are obviously skewed because from that standpoint, Kate Upton is technically chubby.... for a professional model.

I agree that her weight is around the average for a "normal" woman in America. I can only guess that somebody at Sports Illustrated wanted a hooterific model on the cover. If Kate Upton was a size zero, her chest would disappear, relatively speaking. Breasts sell magazines - its the truth, like it or not.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    :noway: DANG!!! That girl needs to go herself some Jenny Craig!!!! :noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Interesting.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Holy Toledo - she is beautiful!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

We need more average models. These really thin, airbrushed ones we have are the reason why so many girls have eating disorders.

What do we need average models for? We have average people everywhere. Models are supposed to represent a FANTASY. We can't handle the fact that we aren't perfect so we have to make art that's mediocre? C'mon.

Wha...I...I have no words for this.

I don't ever fantasize about my ribcage and hip bones sticking out.

^^ You took the burger... Oopps I mean words right outta my mouth!!! I dont find anything attractive or sexy about skin on bones...yuk!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Wow..... I bet her wallet and followers would beg to differ.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure ( not 100% but close) that the "noway" smiley was hinting at sarcasm.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure ( not 100% but close) that the "noway" smiley was hinting at sarcasm.

this is why I should not respond from my phone. My bad.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I don't think she's fat, but I don't think she helps on the body image front. She's average weight, but still has ginormous tits. So people tend to look past her lack of tone in other areas, because TITTAYS. So yeah, no help there.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Except that she seems to do quite well as a model. What other standards do we use to decide who is a good enough model? She's not a fitness model, but she still looks like she is in shape to me. If she were much more muscular, she may not fit her modeling niche.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Models are not making a public service announcement. They are selling ****.

You seem to have a rather shocking lack of understanding of how the media influences individuals. Wow. Just oh wow!

The media influences individuals who can't wrap their heads around that fact that it's a fantasy. That's my whole point. Let the fantasy be the fantasy that it is. Don't conflate it with reality and get all bent out of shape because the two don't measure up. They aren't supposed to. That's why it sells. You're the one who doesn't seem to understand.

I'm sorry, but I believe there are much better "fantasies" of female beauty to be created than ones using half-starved girls with eating disorders and editing the crap out of the pictures. That's essentially saying that pop music is a "fantasy" with all the auto-tuning and whatnot. And yes, they both sell, but not to the people who value quality.

tumblr_m0izxoB0w51qfczas_zpsaf1c1611.gif
    In.
  • Sunflower_8803
    Options
    One thing is for sure. If I can end up like that post baby then my husband would be the happiest man on earth. She is not fat, but not a bag of bones either. I personally consider her healthy and wish the media would post more people like her and stop criticizing the likes of her about her weight. For instance if you take fashion celeb Kloe Kardashian, most people consider her "big", but she is within range of her weight and looks happy and healthy. The skinny models created the problem of being a bag of bones in the first place and in my opinion most of them seems very unhappy about life.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    ITT. People get angry someone dares to insult Kate Upton based on her figure.
    Then insult every other other model on their figure by insinuating they all have eating disorders are "half-starved" and need to gain weight to look acceptable to them.

Alright, guys.
    Stay safe.