• El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    well looks like i'm going to stop lifting, **** it

That's the spirit!!! Never stop quitting.:drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really don`t like lifting at all. I did all kinds of stuff, 5x5 or Body for life or Me diet. Jade and Keoni Tita. I really like walking. I do not like squatting. I never saw any results and didn`t lose any weight. I guess it`s all underneath. My knees and elbows started to hurt from repetitive strain. Natural movement can be as good. See if you can get your planks up to 5 min. Or just do pushups three times a week. Your chest will be great. Gotta keep movin, so you gotta keep changing things up. Life is not static right.

You were doing something wrong.

This is most likely why you weren't quite seeing desired results, either. Joint pain in lifting comes from either moving up too fast of weight before muscles are strong enough (accessory or major), or doing movements wrong and thus straining the joints.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Now I am not sure if the OP is serious or not.

Not sure what else any one can say without you coming back with excuses as to why you can't lift weights.

Don't go to the gym but don't expect to magically get a hard body sitting around on your butt.

I am serious about tired of lifting weights, i lost 70lbs with the help of weights and cardio. Lately, my lifts have stalled an regressed. SO i feel that i have gone as far as i can and that i should stop. ALSO i never asked for advice. I just wanted to know what people thought about lifting

If you stalled and regressed, then you need to do some research and figure out what is wrong.

Or just quit.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Now I am not sure if the OP is serious or not.

Not sure what else any one can say without you coming back with excuses as to why you can't lift weights.

Don't go to the gym but don't expect to magically get a hard body sitting around on your butt.

I am serious about tired of lifting weights, i lost 70lbs with the help of weights and cardio. Lately, my lifts have stalled an regressed. SO i feel that i have gone as far as i can and that i should stop. ALSO i never asked for advice. I just wanted to know what people thought about lifting

Search the web for some new weight lifting programs. Go to the book store and get a book on lifting. There are a lot of things you can do to get back into it.

I don't see how you "have gone as far as you can". That's just a cop out to not push yourself any further.

Or just quit.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Fix your routine. You lost your newbie gains, so now you have to change it up. You won't see gains as fast, but you'll continue seeing them if you do it the right way.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I use different videos to help change the routine up...P90X is current - moving to the Body Beast next. find something that is exciting and challenges the crap out of you!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm gonna take a break for a few weeks and come back to it and see how that works. Maybe i need to do research, i have a ton of lifting books at home but i haven't really found the program for me
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    fark the haters

get on a good program for your level and be consistent with it. If you haven't been actually following anything then how can you expect to improve? I believe Berkhan calls it Fu(karounditus :laugh:

Do a comp of some sort. I do powerlifting and it is VERY motivating when you know you have a deadline to make some new maxes by. Also, strongman comps are awesome fun.

I have no idea where to get anything. I tried a muscle and fitness program, but i just stopped tracking my weights because the numbers kept going down. So i'll stop all together and get laughed at and just run and become "skinny fat"

If your lift numbers go down then you obviously aren't doing something right. Your cheek muscles are going to be nice and defined from all of the crying though.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    No. I love lifting. :love:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    YES

Not srs
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do you train on your own? Sometimes having a "spotter" can help you push that little bit harder.

I find, setting myself a goal to get to keeps me motivated enough to keep pushing myself, even though I train on my own, but tend to go even harder with a "spotter".
    Good advice. My routine got stagnant and I could not lift some weights into position without a buddy. Now my gym buddy and I train together every night and it makes a lot of difference, we can push each other a little bit further and get those bigger dumbbells up with help. My whole weightloss is entirely due to weightlifting - I can't do cardio cos I needed a knee replacement (which I had last week so soon back into the gym).
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I think you're just "having a go" as the Brits say. If you don't like it, don't do it. But then you might not like the results. So, suck it up, or don't. But lifting is the closest thing to magic as you're going to get. *shrug* Your choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by "magic" nothing is magic

Oh, it's magic. In just 30 minutes, 3x per week, I'm getting a fabulous body. Something I couldn't do in a whole year of cardio 5x per week for an hour each time and feeling like I was going to die.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    I think you're just "having a go" as the Brits say. If you don't like it, don't do it. But then you might not like the results. So, suck it up, or don't. But lifting is the closest thing to magic as you're going to get. *shrug* Your choice.

Oh, it's magic. In just 30 minutes, 3x per week, I'm getting a fabulous body. Something I couldn't do in a whole year of cardio 5x per week for an hour each time and feeling like I was going to die.

Honestly, i've been lifting 6x days a week for the past year, while i have gotten some results. most have stagnated, i don't feel like i'm going to die when i do cardio. I'm just going to take a few weeks off from lifting and do running and then try lifting again.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Let me lift...

Or let me die....
  • RandallFSF
    Options
    You're too used to it. Switch training cycles every 3 weeks or so. Try body-weight lifting for a month. A lot of muscle heads frown on it, but mostly because they can't do it. Instead of doing bench press and incline, try hand stand and elevated pushups. You'll experience a much better press! Also try making it into circuit training when you get back to weights. You may also just be bored of sitting on the bench staring at all the "tough guys" in between sets.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I got sick from a head cold for a few weeks and haven't been able to make it to the gym. I miss my squat rack and my weighted lunges.
  • deksgrl
    Options

Honestly, i've been lifting 6x days a week for the past year, while i have gotten some results. most have stagnated, i don't feel like i'm going to die when i do cardio. I'm just going to take a few weeks off from lifting and do running and then try lifting again.

You could try lifting 3x per week with full body instead of 6x with splits.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    You're too used to it. Switch training cycles every 3 weeks or so. Try body-weight lifting for a month. A lot of muscle heads frown on it, but mostly because they can't do it. Instead of doing bench press and incline, try hand stand and elevated pushups. You'll experience a much better press! Also try making it into circuit training when you get back to weights. You may also just be bored of sitting on the bench staring at all the "tough guys" in between sets.

you may be right, i've been doing circuit training for a while. I guess i'm just not seeing results as fast as i want and i'm probably doing everything wrong
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    only time i get sick of it, is when i'm overtraining. I look forward to it, every day.
This discussion has been closed.