Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Some people won't care. Some people will think it's trashy. Some people will not hire you because of them. Do what you want but be aware that if you are turned down for jobs or someone looks at you like you are trashy/a thug, it's due to your choices.
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a wrist tattoo and i don't regret getting it at all.
    Tattoos are a personal thing. if you are really worried make it small enough to cover.
    otherwise do what makes you happy.
    also
    I work in a office. my tattoo is small enough to be covered by a medium sized watched as i was worried about it being visible.
    I have never once been asked to cover it and i deal with international persons everyday.
    as for tacky well.. you can be tacky with or without a tattoo.
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    both my wrists are tattood and i work for a BANK, i hope its not trashy! haha honestly, stuff what other people think, follow ur heart <3
  • screweyduck
    screweyduck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    its all personal preference! for me all tattoos are trashy lol but that's my opinion, you shouldn't not do something because someone out there won't like it or nobody would ever do anything.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I have my fiance's name on my wrist <3

600284_10150904968167605_1178718334_n.jpg
  • mwelch0212
    Options
    I have a tattoo on both of my inner wrists and have never had a problem. I understand the concerns about the workplace - I am a project manager in the insurance industry (which is generally a very stuffy and old school type of environment). If you're really worried, get it small enough that you can cover it up with a watch or a cuff. In all honesty it takes people a while to notice a wrist tattoo if you don't wave it around or get it really large and bold. It took my boss two years to notice mine, and then he sited it as one of the things that he liked about me during my review - that I was brave and committed enough to go for it. Bottom line, if you want it, go for ... just make sure you're comfortable with it first, and know that not everyone will like or understand it :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    They are pretty easy to cover.

Tattoo
    IMAG0952.jpg

No tattoo 2 seconds later.
    IMAG0951.jpg

Awesome bracelet!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thing but if you want the tattoo then get it however before doing so make sure you check the handbook of where you work to see whether or not you are allowed to have visible tattoos.

No matter what you get done you should always check your companies policies. Before I got my nose pierced I checked our handbook to make sure there wasn't anything in there that said no facial piercings etc. and there wasn't. This is more to cover your own butt so that if someone gives you crap about your tattoo you can ask them to please point out the policy where it specifically states this.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    how can having one on your wrist be trashy? now if you said *kitten* or breasts then yea that's trashy to me but that's just my opinion:bigsmile:
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If you really want to get a small, visible tattoo but are concerned with it affecting your work, get some of the tattoo makeup cover up to put on for work purposes.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    no, me thinks not....and never heard that before either.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Not at all, I've seen some gorgeous wrist tattoos.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about what people think, then is a tattoo on show really the best thing for you? I have quite a lot and most of them are on show most of the time, I am a professional person and I have never been refused a job or a position because of them, maybe thats because I dont care if people think their trashy and I dont panic about people seeing them, I am still me even though I have tattoos.

This is my wrist and I love it, it means something very special to me.

9209143514_10f1b1b5ff.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my wrist. I'm not fond of it (did it myself when I was 15) and want to get it covered. But I give not an eff whether someone finds it trashy or not.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Tons of answers already and I will also say NO! It is not trashy, I have strength written in arabic on my wrist and many people have thought it was a really nice choice and placement.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    All tattoos are trashy...

at least this is what I get told every time I go and get more tattoos.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Why worry about what any one else thinks of what/where you get a tattoo. Don't! It's your body. If you want a tattoo on your wrist then just go get it done.

`^this! Im planning to have my first one and I want it in my lower back, so I asked about It and a lot of people think its trash and a really bad place to have it, someone even said to me that I should put an arrow so "all my guys can see it".... I don't see the point.... I will do my tattoo wherever the hell I want !

if you really want it... go for it!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Some businesses look down on visible tattoos. I knew a girl sweet as can be and very intelligent, but had a tattoo on her hand. She had to wear a band aid over it at work. Another option to consider so it isnt so visible is a white ink tattoo.
  • KimberleyS0624
    KimberleyS0624 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 small tattoos, one on my ankle and one on my foot. But I have fell in love with this tattoo that says love and has a heart around it, doesn't sound too cool but it is super cute. On the picture the girl has it on her wrist. I think it is incredibly cute and want to get one too but a few people have told me "it looks trashy to have a tattoo on your wrist" Now I know I am not supposed to care what people think but I also work for the local school system ( not at a school but a satellite office) and don't want it affect my job. Opinions?

I have one and love it