• Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Water counts as water!!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    a) You don't need 8 glasses of water a day,

b) You need to consume enough FLUIDS to keep your body hydrated.

c) If your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated.

d) Any kind of liquid will hydrate your body. Coffee, tea, milk, juice, soda, soups, etc. An apple is 85% water.

e) There is no proof that drinking large amounts of water has any effect on weight loss beyond making you feel full.

+1.
  • CubicCutie
    CubicCutie Posts: 53
    Options
    Chemotherapy had no bearing upon the advice given not to over hydrate. Anyone who over hydrates will flush out essential electrolytes via the kidneys. It is the other extreme of of being dehydrated.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Why is there 9 pages dedicated to this question? Smh

This
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    No........Water has no calories, Milk does!!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Facepalm
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It counts towards your liquid intake but add the caloires!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Awk0XmGCEAALR65.jpg:large
  • twhite4550
    twhite4550 Posts: 25
    Options
    water = water :happy:
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    he asked of milk hydrates. he did not ask if milk has calories. why are you talking about calories?
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    but milk is mostly water. does that water = water too?
  • Chadomaniac
    Options
    he asked of milk hydrates. he did not ask if milk has calories. why are you talking about calories?

She obviously misread the retarded topic at hand :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Options

Yes but a cup of milk isn't a cup of water
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't count water. Problem solved. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Seriously, come on! Your body needs water like you need air. You can survive for days without food but try going without water for 2 and you will see the response your body will give you. I consume 8-10 litres of water a day which is about 40 glasses. That might seems a lot but consider this: its better to have a hydrated body and dehydrated especially when training fasted after 20 hour fast.
    I stopped drinking milk 12 years ago, do some research on milk and you will understand why especially any milk from the US, UK hence why I supplement my nutrition with calcium.
    Cheers
    Sergio

I could drink nothing but milk for a month and never be dehydrated in the least. Also, I would get lots of good protein, calcium, fat and a plethora of other great things. I produce plenty of natural lactase so I have no issues with milk.

Do some research before making a statement like that:
    So why is milk so bad? According to Vivian Goldschmidt, founder of Save Our Bones, there are a variety of myths surrounding milk consumption. One of the first myths, she says, is that drinking milk creates healthy bones because of the calcium found in the milk. However, the animal protein found in milk actually depletes the human body of calcium, exactly the opposite of what milk drinkers expect it to do.

In much the same way, she also dispels another milk myth, that drinking milk will help reduce bone fractures. She cites sources that show that higher milk consumption can actually be linked with an increase in bone fractures. Further, she also states that milk is a "processed food." Milk is pasteurized and homogenized, and the cows that produce the milk are given hormones and antibiotics (which, of course, wind up in the milk). Goldschmidt then links hormonal additives to cancer.

Ultimately, Cohen, Goldschmidt and hundreds of others want Americans (and, in fact, every human being on the planet) to get this message: Say 'No' to Milk!

Sources:
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bflength.html
    http://www.notmilk.com/
    http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031255_milk_health.html#ixzz2XorPZUlH

Your sources are not reputable (especially the last one). Links to studies?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yes but a cup of milk isn't a cup of water

So if I put lemon in my water is it still water? If I add a splash of fruit juice, still water? A crystal light packet perhaps? A tea bag?

At what stage does something become so 'not water' enough that we no longer count it, exactly?
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Water is H2O and nothing else can be water.

Having said that a glass of water for hydration purposes is an expression not a specific. You CAN hydrate with any liquid almost.