What's a "normal" love life?

Options

Replies

• atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm in a happy marriage, it ranges from 3 to 7+ a week. In a previous unhappy marriage, it had to be twice a week or else I got the dreaded silent treatment....but I didn't want it at all at that time.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Every couple is different. Lots of outside influences affect how often. Stress, kids, and sometimes medical issues. Just keep the communication as open and honest as you can.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    There are basically three stages in the sex life of a married couple:

1st stage is "Everywhere Sex" -- You can't wait to get your hands on each other. On the kitchen counter, the couch, in the backyard, garage. There are no boundaries.

2nd stage is "Bedroom Sex" -- You're iin bed; you're both awake; you figure "What the heck. Let's give it a tumble."

3rd stage is "Hallway Sex" -- You pass each other in the Hall, look at each other and say "*kitten* You".

My wife and I have been together almost 25 years. We're somewhere between 1st and 2nd stage. We still enjoy sex together regularly, but we're not trying to find new yoga positions, so we can bring the weight machine into our repertoire.

Haven't pulled out the "swing" in over a year.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that "average" for married couples under 35 is 3 times a week. My husband and I are above average.
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    I am married and no children, I'd say at least 2-3 times a week. Though there are certainly stressful times or whatever that it sometimes decreases to once a week.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

1st stage is "Everywhere Sex" -- You can't wait to get your hands on each other. On the kitchen counter, the couch, in the backyard, garage. There are no boundaries.

2nd stage is "Bedroom Sex" -- You're iin bed; you're both awake; you figure "What the heck. Let's give it a tumble."

3rd stage is "Hallway Sex" -- You pass each other in the Hall, look at each other and say "*kitten* You".

My wife and I have been together almost 25 years. We're somewhere between 1st and 2nd stage. We still enjoy sex together regularly, but we're not trying to find new yoga positions, so we can bring the weight machine into our repertoire.

Stage 1 is where my man is at and stage 2 is where I am at. Heck I can't even cook dinner/do dishes without him trying to stick a hand up my skirt :laugh:
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You all suck. :(

lol I feel your pain!!

I just hit 10 months and counting.

I still gotcha beat by years
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 is where my man is at and stage 2 is where I am at. Heck I can't even cook dinner/do dishes without him trying to stick a hand up my skirt :laugh:

Who can blame him. Look at you.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

yes - that's exactly what I thought too!
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    Not married me and my bf have been together for 2yrs. normal is about once a week unfortunately because his job is so physical.... so basically I have to beg for it sometimes.lol
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    "Normal" for you is whatever you and your husband are happy with. For us it was 3-4 times a week after 25 years of marriage and a "dwindling nest". During our active child-rearing years it was sometimes less depending on our children and other demands. Wanting or needing was never an issue-but that was our normal. :)
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    My hubby and i try and have it as much as we can he is an interstate truck driver he is home every second night but sometimes he is so exhausted but there is always the next morning when he has had a good nights sleep
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

This old couple is between 1 and 2 also. Once the kids went bye bye, then there was more time for us.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So I've noticing this is a pretty open group, so I thought I'd ask for some feedback. I know married couples joke about not having sex, but seriously, what's normal? Weekly? Monthly? YEARLY?
    The "experts" define a marriage as sexless if it occurs once a month or less.

I don't know what normal is. I'd do it every day if my partner were up for it (ha ha). We're not married, but living together eight years, so close enough. He lets stress get in the way, so it's rarely as often as I would like.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    normal is just a word. It means almost nothing.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Every couple is different. It's whatever works best for both people and it's a matter of compromise. Don't compare yourself to other couples...because you aren't the other couple. You're you, he's him and you have to find what works best for you both.
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    As long as the two people involved agree on what their normal is, it's okay. If two people have really low sex drives, once a year could be fine for them. The problem lies where one person wants it everyday and the other person wants it every year.

If there isn't that disconnect, there isn't a problem.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Not much going on round here these days as the kids are always about and theres no where else for the baby to sleep but our room. I don't really have a high sex drive so it doesn't bother me too much but I do agree the more you have sex the more you want it so maybe if I can move to a bigger place someday with walls thicker than cardboard things might get a bit more exciting lol.

For now I'm content with showing love in other ways.....romantic meals in, running candlelit baths for one another etc. It all helps keep the love alive
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

No Kidding.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

No Kidding.

:blushing: