Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My children have a white grandmother, so come again, think of something else

use the quote button so people know what you are talking about.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    My children have a white grandmother, so come again, think of something else
    It would be extremely helpful if you would use the quote feature, so that we know who/what you're responding to.

Ignorance causes one to not know what they are saying or doing.
    QFT :laugh:
  • shelialou66
    Options
    Also brings out the true bigotry of people. This thread will get blocked, so get your 15 minutes.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    lady, maybe you feel this way because you feel like you cant defend yourself in a fight....but for guys...losing a fight doesnt mean you kill someone.

It wasn't a bro fight over some girl. TM was slamming GZ's head against a sidewalk.

keep justifying the murder of a young man. im just glad this case will lead to tighter gun laws. get them out of the hands of wanna be cops like GZ.

Ok now I just can't take you seriously...
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I, along with many other people, have reported this post to the admins to be removed or locked! It is getting way out of hand and should never have been posted!

Yea, opinions here aren't looked upon well. Just leave if you don't like it. Are the the MFP neighborhhod watch or something?
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm just fascinated by how many people are ignoring the fact that it was Martin who attacked Zimmerman while he was getting BACK in his car and the growing amount of evidence and testimonies from the police and reports that support Zimmerman's story. :noway:
    Facts are facts.

^^^this.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    If that's the case I should be able to beat anyone up who is getting into theri car or reaching into their pocket if they are close to me. I mean hey, they could be going for a gun, can't give them that chance. Lol

Judged by 12 rather than carried by 6 right? i would think that logic would apply to you.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    He wont be found guilty. Most people thought OJ Simpson was guilty too, but.....
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    these were two angry disillusioned young men , both gunning for a fight (sorry for the pun)

neither was right, shooting wasn't right, but

i just moved to Florida, we are the "white family"
    i come from a biracial family, but do any of my neighbors know, ... nope we are as the neighbor dude said yesterday, the"new white folks"

Florida is hugely publicly multicultural , they are also very exclusive, i have been denied entrance to properties even during the course of work- i work for directv , my car and id are clearly labeled for directv...

Zimmerman shot him, his defense is reasonable, was it unreasonable force, yes, but he is/was a wimpy guy, wimps over react when threatened, harsh but true
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Ok now I just can't take you seriously...

im heartbroken.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it's The State of Florida vs. Zimmerman.

Second, he was legally within his rights to carry his weapon. He had all permits and a legal purchase.

Third, this was a 6', 17 year old young man. Martin was hardly a 'child'. He was the one who came at Zimmerman first. He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, the police photos and medical documents prove that.

Fourth, sorry but it was self-defense.

Fifth, Second Degree Murder is over-charging Zimmerman. The State will never get that, and if they do, then there's something rotten in Denmark.

Sixth, the Judge should be disbarred for here conduct and biased.

Seventh, who really cares at this point. There's other things to get pissed about.

Yeah, it's really self-defense when you're the one who pursued an unarmed person eating skittles. Totally. If a stranger pursued me as I was walking along minding my own business, I'd have beat the **** out of him too. Speaking of, you're playing pretty fast and loose with the term "beating the **** out of..." I've had a paper-cut produce a lot of blood, that doesn't speak to the actual injury. Lastly, if anyone was standing their ground, it was Martin.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I, along with many other people, have reported this post to the admins to be removed or locked! It is getting way out of hand and should never have been posted!

Yea, opinions here aren't looked upon well. Just leave if you don't like it. Are the the MFP neighborhhod watch or something?

I hope the mods let this keep going. Doubtful, but maybe one of them will be like "you know, this is fascinating, let's let them keep going". Maybe we'll get to see a part 2?
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    if you have been followed and that person is going back to their car...they could being going for a gun in their glove compartment...maybe treyvon didnt want to give him that chance.

GZ should have never got out of his car. if he wants to play wanna be cop..he should have called it in and just sat there.

This shows you really know nothing about this case...

lol like you know any more.

Hyuck... I live in Orlando. The case is televised at all times while court is in session on all local channels here. Trust me, we watch the EVIDENCE being presented. I guarantee I know more about this case than you. But you beat that 'justice' drum brah...
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Nope, but evidently you are all a bunch of children who really don't know when enough is enough! This is turning into name calling and ridiculous accusations about people none of you even know! Grow up!!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Because you haven't been watching the trial where facts are coming out and heard the "star witness" for the prosecution. Uninformed. Surprise.

what day was this? i do have a life and havent followed every second of the trial cheering on GZ like you have. :D

I haven't cheered anyone on. I don't remember what day it was but it was the girl Trayvon was talking to on the phone. She was caught in many lies and was frustrated the entire time because she was being asked questions.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I think Zimmerman was overcharged for sure.
    Do I think he committed a crime? Yes. Do I think it's murder? Nope.
    I think that it was sh*tty for NBC News to turn this into a race thing before that day even ended, and because they manipulated Zimmerman's 911 call, they have lost a huge amount of credibility.
    I think that Zimmerman has been characterized as a racist, which I do not believe. Is he a overzealous *kitten* that took the law into his own hands, abso-f'ing-lutely.
    I believe that Al Sharpton is feeding the machine by talking mainly about race.
    I believe that Jesse Jackson is feeding the machine by talking mainly about race.
    I truly believe that if Zimmerman is found not guilty, that there will be riots.

I cannot wait until the day that Jesse and Al are too old to stand on their soapboxes and take advantage of families that are grieving. Wherever there's a camera, a little injustice (warranted or not), and a black mother crying, you will def see one of them standing next to her. Where are they when it comes to black on black crime? WHY DOES THAT NOT MATTER TO THEM???

Where are the rally's, walks, protests...etc, in Chicago?! There were 67 people shot, and 11 of them dead over this July 4th holiday weekend. 67 shot, 11 dead.

As of 7/8/13, there have been 1043 people shot in Chicago. That number would be absolutely ridiculous if it was state wide...but it's just in one city!!

Where are the 'leaders' of the black community'? They'd rather get in front of the camera for 1 dead kid that was shot by a Hispanic guy (yep...he's not white, but the media likes to portray him to be. It makes a better story), than go a bit north to see what they can do to stop the bull$hit that's happening in Chicago. The camera's are in Sanford, FL, not in Chicago, IL.

It is very, very sad what has happened to Trayvon Martin. I have a son, and cannot imagine the hurt the family is going through. But I can't see how anyone that is not sitting in this courtroom, day after day, can say that they hope the verdict goes one way or the other. What is that based on. You only know what you've heard on TV and what has been told to you by the media. The only people that can judge this correctly based on ALL THE FACTS, is the jury.

(me thinks I've probably pissed some people off....so I offer to them, a flower :flowerforyou: )

Wait. Hispanic people can't be white? ...are you sure about that?

Cause I swear the little race boxes say "White, non hispanic" and "Black, non hispanic" which seems to imply you could be, you know, both. Probably because Hispanic *isn't* a race.

I'm sorry, I'm not talking about filling out a form. I'm talking about the media and how they like to use words to fit into their story. Of course Hispanics can be white. But if you listen to the talking heads, they go out of their way to not call him Hispanic (or brown).

Now, Al Sharpton has a commercial running on MSNBC that talks about equal justice for all. It all stems from the gay marriage debate, but his wording goes something like 'whether you're black, white, brown, straight or gay'. So since he's saying brown in his commercial (we all know that means Hispanic, don't we?), why can't he call Zimmerman brown when he's talking about him and the trial. Let's not call him White Al...let's call him Brown!

Brown =/= hispanic tho? Brown commonly refers to those from Mexico, P.R., Cuba, and places of that nature. It is a direct comment on the color of their skin, a light than that of a 'black' person but darker than that of 'white' people. Because, of course, brown people are of mixed racial descent. Brown is not a race.

Calling GZ brown would be inaccurate. Calling him Hispanic however would be accurate and perhaps they should. However that didn't seem to be your point.

Also Al Sharpton is a moron. I would hardly look to him for consistency or sense of any kind.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Hyuck... I live in Orlando. The case is televised at all times while court is in session on all local channels here. Trust me, we watch the EVIDENCE being presented. I guarantee I know more about this case than you. But you beat that 'justice' drum brah...

heh u probably have been following it more by choice or not. :D
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    Firstly, it's The State of Florida vs. Zimmerman.

Second, he was legally within his rights to carry his weapon. He had all permits and a legal purchase.

Third, this was a 6', 17 year old young man. Martin was hardly a 'child'. He was the one who came at Zimmerman first. He was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, the police photos and medical documents prove that.

Fourth, sorry but it was self-defense.

Fifth, Second Degree Murder is over-charging Zimmerman. The State will never get that, and if they do, then there's something rotten in Denmark.

Sixth, the Judge should be disbarred for here conduct and biased.

Seventh, who really cares at this point. There's other things to get pissed about.

Yeah, it's really self-defense when you're the one who pursued an unarmed person eating skittles. Totally. If a stranger pursued me as I was walking along minding my own business, I'd have beat the **** out of him too. Speaking of, you're playing pretty fast and loose with the term "beating the **** out of..." I've had a paper-cut produce a lot of blood, that doesn't speak to the actual injury. Lastly, if anyone was standing their ground, it was Martin.

*sigh* yet another 'emotional' response... SMH.
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Both of these miscreants were out looking for trouble. Now one is dead and the other is on trial. I could care less what the outcome is. My only concern is that I am travelling to Orlando on Sunday, for two weeks, and I hope it doesn't turn into a riot if he is found innocent.
    I'm not sure if anywhere in the US will be a good place to be if he walks. I'm hoping I'm wrong and people have some sense, though.

I hope you're wrong too but I don't have a good feeling about this.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Perfect response. Bottom line...a person died by the hand of another.