Longest that you have been single for?

Options

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    when i split with my ex i took a look at my life and i realised i'd never been single for more than a couple of months. i had spent my whole adult life as part of a couple.

so i decided to spend a little time being single & celibate, just to figure out myself and what i really wanted from life. that lasted 4 years.

since then, in a space of 6 years, i've had a few phases of dating guys for a while, one of which lasted over a year, but i found i really didn't want any more than that.

after giving myself a whole heap of time i realised i like waking up on my own, i like never having to consult before i plan, i like being answerable to nobody.

that might all change if i meet someone amazing. but he would have to be seriously amazing. i'm only going to change my life if the thought of sharing my life with him is better.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In my adulthood the longest I've been single is 2.5 years. Then I met my husband, and we've been married for 10 years now (together for 12).
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've been single for just over 2 years and I WANT DA GIRLFRIEND
  • BSdevon
    BSdevon Posts: 77
    Options
    8 years..
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Going on four years.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    2years single this month
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only started dating last summer, and in that time had two boyfriends, so... A month? Haha. Before that I had a 20 year spell, though.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I was single for 2 years after my divorce. Had a few dates during that time, but no relationships until I met my current husband.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I;ve been single the past year and half and counting.
  • fancynance77
    fancynance77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    2.5 years. Lots of dating but just not clicking with someone special. I've a four year old so it will take a very special man before I'd introduce her.
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have now been single for 6 years!!!!

After I ended a bad relationship with my daughters father i took 4 years out of the dating game completely to focus on being a mom. I've been dating now for 2 year and I'm ready to give up and get a bunch of cats.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I have now been single for 6 years!!!!

After I ended a bad relationship with my daughters father i took 4 years out of the dating game completely to focus on being a mom. I've been dating now for 2 year and I'm ready to give up and get a bunch of cats.

You'll be single for even longer if you follow through on that cat idea.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    3.5 years.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    6 years now.

What do I win?
  • marinemom93
    marinemom93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 years and counting. I'm enjoying being single!
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For the first 18 years of my life I was single...then since the divorce I've been single for just over 2 years now...Tired of being single :)
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Four years now.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    6 years now.

What do I win?

No ****?! There ought to be a law.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Right at about 11 years.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'll be at ten years this September. Slowly starting to date.