Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    But 2000 calories of lean meat and vegetables is treated differently by your body than 2000 calories of fried food & high sugared junk food like doughnuts etc.

Because anyone said "Eat only fried foods and high sugared foods."

But but but that DOES sound fun :love:
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Despite what my username implies, I generally avoid controversy, but I feel I have to intervene. The pretzel burger doesn't look good to me. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but that's how I feel, and my feelings are just as valid as anyone's.

OP, I'm glad you have found something that works for you.

Get out.

I'll get my coat. :sad:

Wait, wait! What about Krispy Kreme burgers? Is that better? Throw me a bone here!
    Krispy Kreme doughnuts are perfection as is...I would eat one sandwiched in between two others tho...
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    But 2000 calories of lean meat and vegetables is treated differently by your body than 2000 calories of fried food & high sugared junk food like doughnuts etc.

I think that's what "clean eaters" are really getting at.. just not always correctly said.

Go to the local library. Find a book on biochemistry. Read it.

Also pay attention to the "If It Fits Your Macros" part of If It Fits Your Macros.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Despite what my username implies, I generally avoid controversy, but I feel I have to intervene. The pretzel burger doesn't look good to me. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but that's how I feel, and my feelings are just as valid as anyone's.

Get out.

Wait, wait! What about Krispy Kreme burgers? Is that better? Throw me a bone here!

I'm trying, but that doesn't sound good to me, either. As penance, I will repeatedly punch myself in the face until I am unconscious.

I like poutine, though.

Hum. We will have to agree to disagree on this most controversial of topics. :flowerforyou:
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

Sarcasm. Wonderful tool.
    But very true.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Sarcasm. Wonderful tool.
    But very true.

Well the reality is that 2000 calories of grilled chicken and broccoli will have a vastly different macronutrient content than 2000 calories of donuts.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

For real. i_like_you.gif
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

^ Very well said. I'd add that if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here. This thread is mild.

Very true. I've never been criticized by an IIFYMer for eating veges and salad (of which I generally eat a lot). But I've been criticized by 'clean eaters' for burgers.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Get out.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts are perfection as is...I would eat one sandwiched in between two others tho...

Dunkin Donuts has a donut sandwich now. It's no Krispy Kreme but it's rad.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    My perspective -

Eat clean, eat dirty, eat meat, eat veges, eat cooked, eat raw, eat whatever the heck you want to - just don't tell me that your food is inherently *better* than mine in some nebulous way, and we'll have no beef. That's why I like IIFYM. If you pay attention, you'll see that they don't jump on how anyone eats - until someone says that some food or other is inherently bad.

If you are eating perfectly clean and organic with 0 processed food, and you are enjoying it and succeeding, an IIFYM follower will cheer you on. If you then say that your success is purely down to the particular foods you eat, or worse - that no one can succeed unless they do the same thing, they will point out the error of your ways in no uncertain terms.

I like what you are saying here but I would say that's why I don't love IIFYM promoters. Not because of IIFYM, itself, but because any efforts made to eat "clean" is ridiculed by it's followers. For every post saying "hey.. I'm trying to eat less processed and more veggies" theres another 5 saying "Why eat that when you can eat pretzel burgers?" LOL. I know.. I know... "clean" eaters can be just as bad. But it goes both ways.
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea if there are pretzel burgers in the UK? Anywhere in the UK? I will very literally walk 1000 miles to get one

My mouth is crying (T_T )
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and finally tracking correctly to get a better reading of where you are heading. Clean eating for most is fruits veggies and natural or organic meat. No processed food whatsoever, now that's what most people consider clean eating.

You have a 90/10 clean eating, which is just as good, I think people are bothered that you just said clean eating really works, and you are not 100% clean or they are bothered because it insinuates that they don't eat clean. it just seems more like a touchy subject for most.

Yes my eyebrow raised when you listed the protein bar and the chip or popcorn cant remember what it was, because then it is no longer 100% clean, but you did correct and say you are more a 90/10, but that was probably 4 or 5 messages too late for some...lol

I however don't feel you are eating enough but you have to do what works for you.

I follow a Paleo lifestyle, no processed food. It is going good. I dare not say clean eating, lol.

Goodluck.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

^ Very well said. I'd add that if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here. This thread is mild.

Very true. I've never been criticized by an IIFYMer for eating veges and salad (of which I generally eat a lot). But I've been criticized by 'clean eaters' for burgers.

Sometimes when I'm out of fried twinkies, donuts, and lard I'll get veggies.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea if there are pretzel burgers in the UK? Anywhere in the UK? I will very literally walk 1000 miles to get one

proclaimers500miles.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    had so many intentions of taking advantage of free chick fil a day....now all i want for the rest of my life is a pretzel burger.

free food or a pretzel burger...these are the serious life altering adult decisions I was warned about when I was younger.

You'd dress like a cow for free chicken?

ETA: NTTAWWT
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Not because of IIFYM, itself, but because any efforts made to eat "clean" is ridiculed by it's followers.

Categorically false. I've literally never, ever seen that, ever. Not even once. Not on this forum, anyway.

What I do see is IIFYM followers desperately trying to educate people who decide to "eat clean" because they feel it's necessary or enormously beneficial to cut out "dirty" foods. That's what we are largely trying to combat.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Get out.

Dunkin Donuts has a donut sandwich now. It's no Krispy Kreme but it's rad.

BRB. Off to swing by and pick up a dozen KKs and a donut sandwich from Dunkin. For Science.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Sometimes when I'm out of fried twinkies, donuts, and lard I'll get veggies.

I don't understand how those could possibly fit your 4/40/56 P/C/F macros (that all IIFYMers obviously adhere to...because there is no other way to eat than either immaculately clean or ALL TEH FRIED FOODZ!1!!1!
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options

proclaimers500miles.jpg

Pretty much hahaha. Hopefully the falling down will happen after getting the burger though
  • mdearmond
    mdearmond Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    had so many intentions of taking advantage of free chick fil a day....now all i want for the rest of my life is a pretzel burger.

free food or a pretzel burger...these are the serious life altering adult decisions I was warned about when I was younger.

You'd dress like a cow for free chicken?

if all i have to do to get the salad that I would usually pay $8 for for free is strap on a stupid cow head decoration for 2 seconds on my way to work...yes. i see nothing wrong with that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!