Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs YEARS ago eating whatever I wanted, just less of it. This was before kids, before hypothyroidism, and I was 19 though. It's a lot different now with health issues.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Ah, another opportunity for everyone that eats "dirty" to tell you how they do this regularly and are amazingly healthy...
  • Sindakhelekwen
    Sindakhelekwen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me! I do go over my calories most of the time but it's not a lot but I don't eat clean not at all. For example tonight I'm having pizza. I track everything and try to stay within my calories or a little over. All the weight I've lost has been doing that. I work with what I have because we have limited funds to buy food so my house we buy the things that will last us for a while. I don't snack like I used to though and I drink more water than anything.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    <
    IIFYMer here..... have lost a few pounds...... Best of Luck.... :drinker:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yes, your losing but r u healthy? thats why i eat as clean as possible
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Although I have increased whole grains, protein and veggies I don't really know what "eating clean" is supposed to me and not that interested in dealing with some kind of special diet or whatever. I have treats or whatever I crave if they fit into my calorie budget and I eat when I get the chance. So far I've been losing pretty well this way.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!!
  • aschmidt679
    aschmidt679 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lost my first 50 lbs on taco bell, but i do NOT recommend it. sure, the weight came off, but i didn't start to feel better until i started eating clean. It's doable, but not the best idea for your overall health.
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    mariabraceyrobinson Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I hear "ya gotta eat clean!" Drilled into so many people's heads around here I wonder if anyone just sticks to eating fewer calories than they burn and losing weight that way. For now at least, I'm not worried about what I eat so much as how many calories I go through in a day. If I want a bowl of cereal in the morning and then to stop off at jack for lunch and get a jumbo jack and fries, I do it. And I'm actually losing weight doing this. Just adding water and exercise.

I don't eat clean. I don't even know what that is. I eat whatever I want. I don't deny myself anything. As long as I am sticking to the recommended serving sizes on the labels, I know I am eating the correct amount of calories. I eat fast food if i want. Junk food if I want. As long as you stay within your recommended calories for the day, you'll loose. I am. Don't worry about it.
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    Lose "weight" is pretty indiscriminant. Ive seen very few people with admirable bodies that ate IIFYM. They lost weight but probably slightly less muscle than fat so theyre still squishy and lack the dry, hard, look, that very clean eating affords. If you have psych issues and dietary compliance issues, and you DONT have to look good in front of a camera in the light, go for it.
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    Lose "weight" is pretty indiscriminant. Ive seen very few people with admirable bodies that ate IIFYM. They lost weight but probably slightly less muscle than fat so theyre still squishy and lack the dry, hard, look, that very clean eating affords. If you have psych issues and dietary compliance issues, and you DONT have to look good in front of a camera in the light, go for it.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    The guy that ate twinkies only.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

This is of note for many reasons but most especially for the last part. I personally know some (relatively low level) fitness models who eat "less than clean" but use tren and clen to clean it up. This is standard for those who are paid for how they look and I would do the same. But to pretend that someone who is paid to look good is successful because they eat chicken breast is downright misleading.

Next you'll be telling us that Hollywood actors gain 20 lb of muscle in 6 months through hard work and dedication ::rolleyes:
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I hear "ya gotta eat clean!" Drilled into so many people's heads around here I wonder if anyone just sticks to eating fewer calories than they burn and losing weight that way. For now at least, I'm not worried about what I eat so much as how many calories I go through in a day. If I want a bowl of cereal in the morning and then to stop off at jack for lunch and get a jumbo jack and fries, I do it. And I'm actually losing weight doing this. Just adding water and exercise.

Same here. I make a lot of stuff from whole foods, but I'm not gonna deny myself the small things like my International Delight Iced Coffee, just because it's not "clean."
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options

This is of note for many reasons but most especially for the last part. I personally know some (relatively low level) fitness models who eat "less than clean" but use tren and clen to clean it up. This is standard for those who are paid for how they look and I would do the same. But to pretend that someone who is paid to look good is successful because they eat chicken breast is downright misleading.

Next you'll be telling us that Hollywood actors gain 20 lb of muscle in 6 months through hard work and dedication ::rolleyes:

^ yes! And there are so many factors that can affect weight gain/loss. How you sleep, your stress level...etc
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ate like this every other week on cyclical ketogenic diet:

AbdRoSoLfQJEzKlikaXqKojUBNkVrkPyisIO-610xh.jpg
    1372451149878.jpg

went from 10.2% bf to 5.7% in 4 months... <_<;

The keto cheat meal, awesome! :D Its a bit different though to OP question! :P
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    33lbs down in less than 4 months eating, like everyone says, whatever I want in moderation :)
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I eat the same foods I did before, just in different quantities. So no I don't eat clean at all.
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I too do not eat "clean". I TRY to make smarter choices but still love to eat the bad for you food like bacon, pizza and burgers. I know the weight would come off a whole lot faster if I was much more strict with my diet but I am happy with enjoying everything in moderation and working out most days of the week. It is coming off slow but I know this is something that I can maintain for life.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Is bacon clean? If yes then I probably am 85/15 clean/dirty.

If no, then 75/25%.

I eat a lot of bacon. Like everyday.