Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Is bacon clean? If yes then I probably am 85/15 clean/dirty.

If no, then 75/25%.

I eat a lot of bacon. Like everyday.

Why would bacon even be considered dirty? It is THE BEST!!! I haven't been eating much of it, but you just gave me a hankerin' for breakfast for dinner :)
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

If no, then 75/25%.

Why would bacon even be considered dirty? It is THE BEST!!! I haven't been eating much of it, but you just gave me a hankerin' for breakfast for dinner :)

I :heart: bacon!! I could not live without a BLT in my life. BEST SAMMY EVER!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

If no, then 75/25%.

Nitrates.

Yes, really.

And it's cured. So it's "processed meat."

Yes, really.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

If no, then 75/25%.

Nitrates.

Yes, really.

Yes, really.

There are more nitrites in our saliva than in something like 600 hot dogs... I will not accept bacon as a dirty food. NOT ACCEPTED!!! lol
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 20% of calories from junk
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I hear "ya gotta eat clean!" Drilled into so many people's heads around here I wonder if anyone just sticks to eating fewer calories than they burn and losing weight that way. For now at least, I'm not worried about what I eat so much as how many calories I go through in a day. If I want a bowl of cereal in the morning and then to stop off at jack for lunch and get a jumbo jack and fries, I do it. And I'm actually losing weight doing this. Just adding water and exercise.

I thought that said something entirely different about stopping off at jack for lunch.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

If no, then 75/25%.

Nitrates.

Yes, really.

Yes, really.

This, exactly.

I will forever be a dirty eater, because of bacon. Delicious delicious bacon.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

If no, then 75/25%.

Nitrates.

Yes, really.

Yes, really.

There are more nitrites in our saliva than in something like 600 hot dogs... I will not accept bacon as a dirty food. NOT ACCEPTED!!! lol

It's not dirty (unless you drop it), but it is processed. It is altered from it's natural form. So, not clean.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

If no, then 75/25%.

I :heart: bacon.. in fact I am eating it right now.
    xpPNS.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    33lbs down in less than 4 months eating, like everyone says, whatever I want in moderation :)

Doesn't everyone eat what they want?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    33lbs down in less than 4 months eating, like everyone says, whatever I want in moderation :)

Doesn't everyone eat what they want?

No. A lot of people deny themselves the things they want to eat because others make them feel that they have to.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think if I ate clean, I would fall off the bandwagon in a week or so. I try to eat healthier, and I may not succeed every day, but I don't beat myself up over it. I make sure to workout, and watch my calories. I have lost 12 pounds since June, and am working toward a healthier me! I lost 75 pounds a few years back, and it was not by clean eating. Just exercise, and moderation. (Sucks depression came and knocked me on the floor...)

Some people eat clean, and do fantastic. I don't think I will ever be one of those people. I figure, I am going to die someday =) I'd like to enjoy life, and have stuff that doesn't taste like cardboard.
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ...I just had a Peanut Butter Poptart for breakfast.
    Wait... there are Peanut Butter poptarts? Are they any good?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Lose "weight" is pretty indiscriminant. Ive seen very few people with admirable bodies that ate IIFYM. They lost weight but probably slightly less muscle than fat so theyre still squishy and lack the dry, hard, look, that very clean eating affords. If you have psych issues and dietary compliance issues, and you DONT have to look good in front of a camera in the light, go for it.

lol

You must be new here.

tumblr_inline_mj9hlbtWaZ1qz4rgp.gif
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I do generally eat fairly clean but I also don't lol. I enjoy the foods I want to enjoy when I want to enjoy them :) I had half a peanut butter candy bar last night and will finish the other half tonight, I also had a bloody mary and will have another tonight...everything in moderation does the trick for me!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what "eating clean" means.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    the only thing I have cut out of my life (for now) is fried dough and bread bowls from Domino's pizza...other than that..I eat what I want for the most part so long as it is in my calories. Tortilla chips with reduced fat cheese and salsa a few times per week in this house :)
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am not at all a clean eater. With that said, I am constantly evolving the way that I eat. When I first started, calories were all I was concerned about, and I think that is a good thing because it helps you learn portion control without being overwhelmed. As time has gone on and I have learned more, I am making better food choices because I want to. I still eat whatever I want, but I do find my wants changing.
    This
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The main thing to losing weight is burning more calories than you take in. But I think the "clean" word - at least to me means eating smarter. Trying to Burn more calories, but also helping the process by increase my protein while decreasing my Carbs and Fats. To me it is a matter of trying to make it Easier to lose weight. I know at 40+ there have been some weeks I am burning calories going to the gym, but not watching what I was eating, which resulted in minor gains and not losses.

I also think though that people are bringing the Bodybuilder terms over to this site adding to the confusion. A Dirty Gainers in bodybuilding is eating very heavy, and just trying to add bulk. But the bulk is not clean, lean muscle, which is lost easily, hence not real gains. Hence the term Dirty Gainer.

Honestly, I use this site more to help me be aware of what I am putting in my body, which in turn means that instead of Fast Food for lunch everyday, maybe I try to do it only once or twice a week. Eating smarter so to say. But I am certainly not perfect.
  • kevindhaliwal
    kevindhaliwal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    aha i've lost around 30 lbs when i started but that time I used to hit gym 7 days a week and hard weight training, so i guess i was burning calories there