Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

That is odd, because milk is loaded with sugar.... Maybe you should try unsweetened almond.
  • DPBELLS
    DPBELLS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cows milk is full of female hormones and antibiotics which make the cows produce more milk and the antibiotics is to prevent them getting diseases due to forced large amounts of milk to be produced, then we drink the dam stuff and wonder why our men get male-boobs, prostrate cancer. Little boys being born with 'willy' deformaties and a general increase in cancer everywhere. If you have to animal milk at least go organic.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is a piece of information that ive never heard before. So what is a good substitue then for cows milk? That doesn't taste nasty? And how otherwise would one get all there calcium?

Other foods have calcium. Greens, legumes, salmon, rhubarb, okra. Or you could take a supplement.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Almond milk tastes weird and soy milk is too sweet. I'll stick to cow's milk. Kthanksbye!

soy milk is only sweet if you buy the sweetened kind.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Milk - Whole, 3.25% milkfat, 1 cup 146cal 11carb 8pro 8fat 98sodium 349potassium
    Almond Breeze Original - Almond Milk, 1 cup 60cal 8carb 1pro 3fat 150sodium 180potassium

What is the big deal about almond milk? Ok, 1/2 the cals, but also most of the carbs, none of the protein of whole milk, 1/2 the fat, more sodium and less potassium.

Whole milk seems like the better option IMHO.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Humans were not designed at all.

*duck and cover*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    This is a piece of information that ive never heard before. So what is a good substitue then for cows milk? That doesn't taste nasty? And how otherwise would one get all there calcium?
    Calcium can be derived from vegetables.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

I can help. There is plenty of room in my freezer for her.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Not taking a side on this discussion, but you can get unsweetened almond milk.

Ummm then isnt it no longer almond milk? Its Almond milk with some other sheet in it. Its reminds me of the crap they pass off as cranberry juice. You then look at the label. Contains Filtered Water, Apple Juice, Grape Juice Concentrate, Raspberry Juice Concentrate, & Cranberry Juice Concentrates but it still sold as Cranberry juice. Thats not cranberry juice, its FRUIT JUICE!

Which leads me to my next comment. How has no one mentioned CHOCOLATE MILK yet? Its one of the natural food combination wonders of the universe next to Peanut Butter & Chocolate as one of the greatest things EVER to be NOM'd. Chocolate Almond Milk? I think not.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

*duck and cover*

*gasp*

Oh no you din't!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Oh holy F, not this old chestnut again.
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    So u mean growing up drinking it straight out of the cow was supposed to kill me? Oh snap I'm freaking like a super hero or us thing...just call me digestion hero! With the ability to drink milk is the flash of lighting....

And for the aini cow for meat pic...really that's what they are bred for and wouldn't even be alive if we didn't eat them...
    It's like the whole free range chicken freaks really we put them in cages to stay healthy n not die of bird flu...
    Just relax we farm u eat!

N duh I'm a dairy girl born n raised!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i think animal activists are worse than the "clean eaters"

at least clean eaters don't try and guilt trip me with sad pictures

^^^^^ this...^^^^^
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Not taking a side on this discussion, but you can get unsweetened almond milk.

Ummm then isnt it no longer almond milk? Its Almond milk with some other sheet in it. Its reminds me of the crap they pass off as cranberry juice. You then look at the label. Contains Filtered Water, Apple Juice, Grape Juice Concentrate, Raspberry Juice Concentrate, & Cranberry Juice Concentrates but it still sold as Cranberry juice. Thats not cranberry juice, its FRUIT JUICE!

Which leads me to my next comment. How has no one mentioned CHOCOLATE MILK yet? Its one of the natural food combination wonders of the universe next to Peanut Butter & Chocolate as one of the greatest things EVER to be NOM'd. Chocolate Almond Milk? I think not.

I have chocolate soy milk every morning for breakfast.
  • DaveFassett
    DaveFassett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk

If the cow was never born, she wouldn't suffer. You can't justify the industry like that.

I haven't consumed meat or dairy in 12 years. I see where meat is OK for most of us, but in general, humans eat (and waste) too much of it.

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

Soy milk, in moderation, is a great alternative. High protein, low cholesterol. Just get it unsweetened.

Soymilk is more disgusting than almond milk. Cow milk is tasty. This is where my interest in the subject ends. Sad pictures meant to illicit an emotional response in regards to cows mean nothing to me.

Cow milk might be tasty, but it's worth looking into where it comes from - on a factory farming level. You might find it much grosser than organic soy milk. It's bad for our bodies, the environment and the animals.

I was vegan once, for many years. I no longer believe that vegan is the "way to go". Animal products in moderation from healthy sources are good for us. BUT....most of the milk, eggs, and meat in North America come from the pits of hell. Factory farming is a nightmare.

I recommend...

Education first, speaking second.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Cows milk is full of female hormones and antibiotics which make the cows produce more milk and the antibiotics is to prevent them getting diseases due to forced large amounts of milk to be produced, then we drink the dam stuff and wonder why our men get male-boobs, prostrate cancer. Little boys being born with 'willy' deformaties and a general increase in cancer everywhere. If you have to animal milk at least go organic.

As a matter of fact, antibiotic residue is forbidden in both organic and non-organic milk. The milk needs to be discarded for several days after the last antibiotic treatment (specific period depends on which antibiotic). When the milk truck picks up at each farm, the driver will take a sample from the bulk tank. At the end of his route, the milk on his truck is tested. If there is detectable antibiotic residue, the entire truck is dumped. The sample from each farm is tested, and the farm which included the offending milk is billed for the value of the dumped milk.

As for hormones, more and more farmers are stopping using them because of how much it cuts off the productive lifetime of the cow, and many brands are hormone-free.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

*duck and cover*

*gasp*

Oh no you din't!

Lobbed a big ol' troll grenade with that one.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Humans have been drinking milk since 1700-63 BC. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

I blame the Mongolians
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    But it's soooooooo good.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Do you know humans are the only species to go to work for money?