Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Cows milk is full of female hormones and antibiotics which make the cows produce more milk and the antibiotics is to prevent them getting diseases due to forced large amounts of milk to be produced, then we drink the dam stuff and wonder why our men get male-boobs, prostrate cancer. Little boys being born with 'willy' deformaties and a general increase in cancer everywhere. If you have to animal milk at least go organic.

As a matter of fact, antibiotic residue is forbidden in both organic and non-organic milk. The milk needs to be discarded for several days after the last antibiotic treatment (specific period depends on which antibiotic). When the milk truck picks up at each farm, the driver will take a sample from the bulk tank. At the end of his route, the milk on his truck is tested. If there is detectable antibiotic residue, the entire truck is dumped. The sample from each farm is tested, and the farm which included the offending milk is billed for the value of the dumped milk.

As for hormones, more and more farmers are stopping using them because of how much it cuts off the productive lifetime of the cow, and many brands are hormone-free.

Careful coming in here with all your facts, experience, education and stuff.
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk every morning in my protein shake and love it. However, if I want a cold glass of straight milk, I will opt for the real milk. I have no problems digesting dairy. Born and raised by dairy farmers:)
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

I heard (I am not a scientist or anything) it is the homoginist (sorry spelling) process that is difficult for humans to process and if that person drinks natural fresh cows milk they wouldn't have any issues. I think we just over process EVERYTHING.

Are you a French model?

haha no I sometimes wish though. the process is where they remove all the fat and re distribute it to the different types they sell like whole 2% and skim. I would have thought whole was the lest messed with but that is the opposite, and the putting the fat back in is what makes it hard for some to process through their system.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only like plain cow milk.. I am picky :( I can't help it! Some milk is better than none... right?
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Do you know humans are the only species to go to work for money?

I'm sure I wasn't *designed* to go to work for money... So I think I should quit my job and live off of y'all.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    haha no I sometimes wish though. the process is where they remove all the fat and re distribute it to the different types they sell like whole 2% and skim. I would have thought whole was the lest messed with but that is the opposite, and the putting the fat back in is what makes it hard for some to process through their system.

No, homogenization is making the fat globules smaller so that the cream won't separate. It is not just separating the cream and re-mixing.
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like to and drink cows *shrugs* I am a bad person :/ lol... but at least the ones giving milk aren't food.. so there's that.

Actually they're slaughtered for cheap meat more often than not as soon as they stop being able to produce.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ...humans are not designed to drink milk, not specifically cow milk... Yeah... that was thousands of years ago then this great thing called 'evolution' (mutation and selection, awesome stuff) happened and BAM wow milk is a food we can digest! If you're not one of the ancient lactose intolerant, don't cut milk out of your diet, milk is yummy. Yummy stuff is good.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

I heard (I am not a scientist or anything) it is the homoginist (sorry spelling) process that is difficult for humans to process and if that person drinks natural fresh cows milk they wouldn't have any issues. I think we just over process EVERYTHING.

Are you a French model?

Wouldn't a French model know about Pasteur?
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    296hord.jpg
  • jennhls
    jennhls Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly vegan but for the weigh loss benefits not for moral reasons. I do still enjoy milk, cheese, eggs and even a good juicy steak on occasion. Everything in moderation is my belief.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Do you know humans are the only species to pay taxes?
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Milk - Whole, 3.25% milkfat, 1 cup 146cal 11carb 8pro 8fat 98sodium 349potassium
    Almond Breeze Original - Almond Milk, 1 cup 60cal 8carb 1pro 3fat 150sodium 180potassium

What is the big deal about almond milk? Ok, 1/2 the cals, but also most of the carbs, none of the protein of whole milk, 1/2 the fat, more sodium and less potassium.

Whole milk seems like the better option IMHO.

None of the pain and death is the main benefit IMO. But if that isn't a benefit to you I won't waste my time trying to convince you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Are you a French model?

Most people think "whole" milk implies that it is complete as it comes from the cow, but unless you are at the farm and the milk is warm, this would be false. That's why I switched to skim milk some time ago.

The funny thing is that I used to think skim milk tasted watered down... until I decided to incorporate it into my diet. Now when I drink 1%, 2% or whole milk... it just doesn't taste right. LOL!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats your boat.... it's your life, your body, your choice, just as it's my life, my choice, my body..... thanks for the input and all...
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk, but I do like cheese and the nectar of the gods (Ben and Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie).
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I enjoy feasting on the flesh of my bovian brothers.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk at all as I hate the flavor. The only way to make it palatable for me is to make mousse out of it. I like cheese and yogurt, but drinking milk, no.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I enjoy feasting on the flesh of my bovian brothers.

FLESH, yeah, not milk. Bring on the beef!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Milk - Whole, 3.25% milkfat, 1 cup 146cal 11carb 8pro 8fat 98sodium 349potassium
    Almond Breeze Original - Almond Milk, 1 cup 60cal 8carb 1pro 3fat 150sodium 180potassium

What is the big deal about almond milk? Ok, 1/2 the cals, but also most of the carbs, none of the protein of whole milk, 1/2 the fat, more sodium and less potassium.

Whole milk seems like the better option IMHO.

None of the pain and death is the main benefit IMO. But if that isn't a benefit to you I won't waste my time trying to convince you.

Que?