Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• Kimmywells
    Kimmywells Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    count me in 54 & fighting to lose
  • sharonstandiford
    sharonstandiford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • michaelp_
    michaelp_ Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm outside the age range at 61 but I've been fit and healthy most of my life. I think I'd be a good addition to the group, I'd like to join.
  • MyHealthyTemple
    MyHealthyTemple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just celebrated my 43rd birthday at the weekend, so I think I am eligible to join in the fun! My story is that after several years of going up and down with my weight due to multiple pregnancies and a lot of over-eating I was well on my way to becoming medically obese. So far I have managed to lose 26 pounds and am now only 3 pounds away from being at the top end of a healthy bmi! That's my first goal post. Once I get there, I will reset my ticker to about 10 stone. I used to be a size 10 in clothes and weigh 9 and a half stone - the last time I was in that position was 11 years ago...not sure if that goal is realistic but it's certainly in the back of my mind as the ultimate challenge :-) Looking forward to getting to know you all in this group, brilliant to find something especially for our age group.
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I am 45 with 2 grown kids and a grandson. I have no responsibility (except financially), there is no reason I can't get in shape. I would love some friends like me.
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm good. 58 and have been making continual progress for years. Still not exactly were I want to be but, it is in reach.
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    43 here and have three kids 5 and under. I'd love the join!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    43 here, add me for support...
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I think I resonded befor but I know I want in!!! :):)
  • N_it_for_lifetime
    Options
    Just turned 49 and needed to get control of my body! PLEASE count me in!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    42 and in denial, still 22 in my head!
    I lost a ton of weight before 40 but I've been lazy recently so I'm looking to get fit again.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    45 and working hard to lose weight gain from ankle surgery . Hello all
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    46 and I've been working on going from 'skinny fat' to fit since mid-June. My profile is open, feel free to add me if we have similar goals or ideas toward fitness. :)
  • KarenBuddercups
    KarenBuddercups Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    46 and fighting it every step of the way! It sure gets harder as we get older, but I'm sure we can do this. Please add me if we have the same goals. Love to be motivated and inspired by others : )
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am looking to create a support group for other 40- 50 ish people who are experiencing the effects of the dreaded aging. I am 51 year old female, working w/ a trainer and journaling each day yet having a hard time losing the weight. I hear the hormone stories and the aging stories yet I have been a believer that good nutrition and exercise are key. Looking for others interested in support, sharing tips, or who have the ablility to be positive and motivating. Interested?

Can I join? :tongue:
  • LamparisGirl
    Options
    I am 48 and really seeing a difference in how difficult it is to lose weight now vs my 20s. Also looking for friends for mutual inspiration!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    41 here and have hypothyroidism...count me in! Hi all :flowerforyou:
  • TAHerring
    TAHerring Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 51 love to join please count me in ~ love motivation to keep the journey going.....
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... I'll be 37 next week but I also have a ton of kids which I believe adds 5 yrs :)

Pick me Pick me

Mark
  • Sondicalondi
    Sondicalondi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 48 almost 49 and I was thinking of posting your exact topic. I am using FP for the first time with new friends to stay motivated and it is working. Would love to be friended and encourage each other too. I don't use a personal trainer but I use to be one 20 yrs ago. Thanks, Sandi