Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    bumping with a crossfit gif. just cuz

f4l5hxP.gif

That was part of my WOD today! PR'd squat cleans at 65# plus pullups for 15-12-9.

And I also PR'd my max backsquat weight at 120# today. Hooray!

I carry my weight in my thighs and my butt. I'm sure the OP is long gone, but nothing has ever made me feel like my legs are attractive...until I started heavy lifting at CrossFit. Now I'm down some inches and even starting to see some thigh gap ;-)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Train PL-style in your lower body. It will make you stronger, but not bigger.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    bumping with a crossfit gif. just cuz

f4l5hxP.gif

Dav how many times do I have to ask you not to use my photos?
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We still talking about this?

Well then, let me get all serious face.

I have a considerable amount of junk in my trunk (Nothing outrageous but your typical moderately sized 'black girl booty') and I've got thick thighs. How thick? Lets say the difference between my waist measurement and my thigh is less than 3 inches.

I am squatting nearly everyday. 3 days a week I squat with 'heavy' weights. (Heavy for me. I'm at 95 pounds now.) and the other 3 days I'm squatting it out with Jillian or something of that manner (cardio squats!). I've lost ten pounds (just about) since May 7th, so about 1.4 pounds a week.

My thighs are not 'bigger'. My booty is not 'bigger', though as I mentioned earlier it's getting perkier and shifting its way into a pleasing position. My thighs look a bit leaner and are touch less jiggly.

For 'lean' 'toned' thighs do your squats. For a perky booty do your squats. Use heavy weights. You are not going to get big unless you are eating above your TDEE. If you eat at a deficit you will not get bigger, unless your body defies the laws of nature.

Bang on the money!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    We still talking about this?

Well then, let me get all serious face.

I have a considerable amount of junk in my trunk (Nothing outrageous but your typical moderately sized 'black girl booty') and I've got thick thighs. How thick? Lets say the difference between my waist measurement and my thigh is less than 3 inches.

I am squatting nearly everyday. 3 days a week I squat with 'heavy' weights. (Heavy for me. I'm at 95 pounds now.) and the other 3 days I'm squatting it out with Jillian or something of that manner (cardio squats!). I've lost ten pounds (just about) since May 7th, so about 1.4 pounds a week.

My thighs are not 'bigger'. My booty is not 'bigger', though as I mentioned earlier it's getting perkier and shifting its way into a pleasing position. My thighs look a bit leaner and are touch less jiggly.

For 'lean' 'toned' thighs do your squats. For a perky booty do your squats. Use heavy weights. You are not going to get big unless you are eating above your TDEE. If you eat at a deficit you will not get bigger, unless your body defies the laws of nature.

Bang on the money!!

not really- the difference between her thighs and waist is less than 3"- that's not very big.

that's not really the same body type as OP's. Last time I weighed I took measurements I was 28 waist and 38 hip....seriously. 3" is a joke and not comparable to OP's.

I think the point that's being missed here is that for women who are tremendously bottom heavy- there is a point where you will lose too much if you are dead set on losing that bottom heavy thigh fat. I am not willing to drop so low to lose that- my upper body would lose out tremendously.

And there is a point where you have to say- I'm going to commit to extreme dieting (a la bodybuidling style) or just accept your body's natural inclination.

I can DL almost double my bodyweight and squat 200... and I've gotten smaller all over (I used to be a 40+ actually- and it makes me sad I lost two inches- but my abs look amazaballs so I'll take it)

But the hip/waist ratio is still there. It is what it is. I'm okay with it.

That being said- I'm a huge fan of squat heavy- and squat low- I do a lot of combo- heavy liftin/HIIT workouts through the week. it's a win win. :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    not really- the difference between her thighs and waist is less than 3"- that's not very big.

that's not really the same body type as OP's. Last time I weighed I took measurements I was 28 waist and 38 hip....seriously. 3" is a joke and not comparable to OP's.

She said "thigh" not "thighs." As in the circumference of one leg. I took it to mean that each thigh was less than three inches smaller than her waist.

I could be wrong.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

She said "thigh" not "thighs." As in the circumference of one leg. I took it to mean that each thigh was less than three inches smaller than her waist.

I could be wrong.

could be- I don't measure my thigh's like that unless for a clothing thing- esp when you are looking at hip to waist ration- that doesn't make a logical comparison to me- esp if we are talking that LOOK of a big thigh/hip vs waist image.

But you are correct it could be that in which case.. either way- I still got her beat - my left thigh is 26.5"

LOL I got some thunder thighs for sure... I do wear out the inside of my pants LIKE A BOSS. I suppose I shouldn't really be proud of that- but damn can I fill out a wiggle dress he he he he
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I will consider incorporating heavy weights into my routine. However, many people on MFP constantly say you cannot get bigger with a calorie deficit, that is not necessarily true. Large muscles like quads and hams can appear bigger as they get more developed, that is why so many who lift find trouble fitting their thighs into pants. . While eating at a calorie deficit, my pants became tighter in the thigh area after doing Insanity. This is an issue some men and even women might not mind, but it is not something that is okay with me. One of the posters shows a picture where she dropped a size but her butt is higher, thus appearing bigger. That is what she wants, but I have a big butt. I have big muscular thighs and I while I love my curves, they are bit too much for me right now. So please keep in mind that not everyone has the same goals, and the results that may satisfy you or another MFP person may not be what I am aiming for.

I just wanted to bump up this response because it has been my experience. My thighs have gotten smaller (they don't rub when I walk anymore, yay!) but they feel HUGE. I'm headed out now to buy new yoga pants because I can't wear any of mine anymore. I haven't gone down a size, but my quads and glutes are pulling at my seams and making my things fit and feel funky. My clothes were meant to fit thighs that were wide for excess fat and a flat tooshie - but those things are changing.

I've never been a pear, so I don't really have that fear of getting bigger down below, but as panicked as I was for a few minutes, I can only imagine how panicked I would be if I was specifically worried about getting bigger.