Fat Girl Care Package

Options

Replies

• Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    -new sneakers mine are making my feet numb on the treadmill
    -new workout clothes that absorb sweat better
    -i think I need a head/sweat band, as sweat is burning my eyes ( but may feel dorky wearing it)
    -something to control appetite!!! lolol
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sexy lingerie & a Spray tan lol
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Care package is a good idea...

I would do the bra thing, but honestly the other products (although you may be "treating" yourself now) will eventually make me feel like crap because they don't work and are a waste of money.

I would definitely do lingerie or new workout gear!
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    -new sneakers mine are making my feet numb on the treadmill
    -new workout clothes that absorb sweat better
    -i think I need a head/sweat band, as sweat is burning my eyes ( but may feel dorky wearing it)
    -something to control appetite!!! lolol

Check out Bondi Bands... a cute and stylish way to hold that sweat back!
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    My care package:

Tennis is my thing - I WANT a tie-dye tennis bag! So far have not found one :(
    Tennis camp at Suwanee (University of the South) next May/June - hope to be at goal by then and not bothered by playing on hard courts (rather than soft courts)
    And I would like to hire someone to outline my house with Christmas lights next year (yes, weird I know)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions but I already have plenty of gym clothes and will not be buying more until I have gone down two sizes in clothing. I also already have a personal trainer so a gym membership is not necessary. I have more shoes than I know what to do with therefore I will not be including them in my package. Zip loc baggies are always in my house and I have a food scale. On the rare occasion that I get to watch tv I'm watching tv, not exercising. Please don't get offended, but my point is that I have the tools I need to be successful, so now I want some treats and/or possibly unnecessary items. I don't think there is anything to lose by trying a firming cream that may aid my skin in recovery as I lose weight. TRY not depend on. These items are my splurges, my accessories, my non necessities, which for the most part people are understanding. These items aren't my wonder magic items that I think will make me lose weight. Rather than judge the items I want to purchase and suggest what I should spend my money, get a little wild and little less practical (this is the internet) and go all out with the ideas for YOUR care package.

Katelynal: I would love to have someone hang Christmas lights at my house!!!! Not weird at all!!!!
  • Lannister80
    Options
    Well, I already recently treated myself to another tattoo for my first 10 percent lost (27 lbs), and my husband bought me shoes b/c he's awesome and my fave summer pair broke on me at work. I also just got a FitBit zip and cheap little food scale to keep this going. Now that I've reached 30, I'm going to do a pedi.

My ultimate goal care package...

Weekend in NYC
    Dress from this E Village store: http://www.enzsnyc.com/
    Broadway, baby
    Another tattoo

The little items like jeans and pedis will happen along the journey. And I'll probably need new Asics when I hit the goal as well.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    Well, I already recently treated myself to another tattoo for my first 10 percent lost (27 lbs), and my husband bought me shoes b/c he's awesome and my fave summer pair broke on me at work. I also just got a FitBit zip and cheap little food scale to keep this going. Now that I've reached 30, I'm going to do a pedi.

Weekend in NYC
    Broadway, baby
    Another tattoo

The little items like jeans and pedis will happen along the journey. And I'll probably need new Asics when I hit the goal as well.

Hell yeah on the tattoo!!! I'm saving up to finish my left sleeve and I refuse to let myself get anymore little ones until I get that complete. Then it will be starting my right calf sleeve!! What did you get on this previous visit to the tattoo parlor?
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I could really use a new sports bra, now that you mention it...

I think my Fat Girl Care Package would include:

A trip up the Hudson River
    A delicious shrimp dinner at a waterside restaurant
    Tickets to a Broadway show
    Everything on the Too Fast clothing website
    GOOD orange hair dye for brunettes

Ooo and I almost forgot! I need a fanny pack to carry my junk when I'm out running. Right now I'm using a drawstring backpack to carry my phone, keys and water bottle and it's a pain in the *kitten*.
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Control-Activity-Comfort-Sports/dp/B000LK22DW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/192-1302674-8624546

Would something like that work?

I did a little quick research and women with the same sizing difficulties were talking about the C9 from Champion.

I wonder if that would be a place to look? Sounds like they are available at Target and Wal-Mart and online.

I love a good challenge- and sports bras are always challenging!!!!!

thanks for doing that :) The one you linked to won't be suitable because the sides are too high, because another problem I have with bras is the sides of the cups digging into my underarms. I'm kind of a weird shape lol.... the C9 ones look more promising, I've found bras like that in the past that fit me, although they didn't give much support. However the reviews for that one say that it does give a lot of support so I'll see if there's anywhere local that stocks it. :) thanks :)

Try Decent Exposures online. They make their bras to your measurements so your bra will fit you perfectly, even lowering the arm holes or making them bigger. You can even specify what material to make it out of! It might be worth a look to get that perfect bra. I found them when I was looking for nursing bras (which they also make to order) because apparently fat girls aren't supposed to breastfeed. They made me the most comfortable nursing bra EVER.
  • neskapolita1978
    neskapolita1978 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra is never a waste of money.

I worked out wearing common sports bras (cami style sport bras that I wear daily because I hate armor bras) and ended up with welts on the band that looked like I had been beaten with a stick and hurt to move for days. I have pictures.

I spent a little more money on one with a wider band for exercising and it's much better now
  • ThinLizzie0802
    Options
    I could really use a new sports bra, now that you mention it...

I think my Fat Girl Care Package would include:

A trip up the Hudson River
    A delicious shrimp dinner at a waterside restaurant
    Tickets to a Broadway show
    Everything on the Too Fast clothing website
    GOOD orange hair dye for brunettes

Ooo and I almost forgot! I need a fanny pack to carry my junk when I'm out running. Right now I'm using a drawstring backpack to carry my phone, keys and water bottle and it's a pain in the *kitten*.

I had the "where do I put my junk" dilemma. Because the park I walk and ride my bike in is right by my house I go sans water bottle. I find that I'm good to go without it for an hour while I do those activities. I drink so much throughout a day. I use an arm band to hold my phone which I take in case of an emergency and to track my distance and I use a lanyard around my neck to hold just my house key. This works for me simply because I'm so close to home and don't need car keys or a water bottle. I hate the drawstring backpacks! Feel ya there!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    new skinny jeans
    new workout clothes to show off my hot bod :P
    fancy lotions/perfumes from VS
    new undies!
    gift card for a mani pedi
  • Lannister80
    Options

Weekend in NYC
    Broadway, baby
    Another tattoo

Hell yeah on the tattoo!!! I'm saving up to finish my left sleeve and I refuse to let myself get anymore little ones until I get that complete. Then it will be starting my right calf sleeve!! What did you get on this previous visit to the tattoo parlor?

Song lyrics from the show Cabaret: "Lady Peaceful" in between my shoulder blades. My 6th one, and I've been waiting to do that specific one until it was true. :-) What is your left sleeve?

I'd also like to add a ModCloth mini shopping spree, haha.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hm... tough question. The following are things I want/need that I hope someone would send me in a care package (hello universe, anyone listening? pretty please?)

- Sport massage
    - Yoga workshop (probably aerial)
    - Raspberry tart
    - New sports bra (most likely Nike, they fit me well)
    - Running socks
    - Race entry to Stockholm marathon 2014
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Flex
    New jeans
    Spa day
    Running Shoes
    cake lol

I think I really am going to sit down and set some goals and assign rewards to myself for meeting them. I haven't actually set concrete goals... except that I want to lower my bf%...
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    5 things I want in my care package (my next goal is my original ultimate weight loss goal)

1. Sexy PJs
    2. Patchouli Incents
    3. Vanilla scented body lotion.
    4. Some leather restraints.
    5. Multicolored nail polishes.

I'd say a box of condoms but my tubes are tied and I'm married
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Control-Activity-Comfort-Sports/dp/B000LK22DW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/192-1302674-8624546

Would something like that work?

I did a little quick research and women with the same sizing difficulties were talking about the C9 from Champion.

I wonder if that would be a place to look? Sounds like they are available at Target and Wal-Mart and online.

I love a good challenge- and sports bras are always challenging!!!!!

thanks for doing that :) The one you linked to won't be suitable because the sides are too high, because another problem I have with bras is the sides of the cups digging into my underarms. I'm kind of a weird shape lol.... the C9 ones look more promising, I've found bras like that in the past that fit me, although they didn't give much support. However the reviews for that one say that it does give a lot of support so I'll see if there's anywhere local that stocks it. :) thanks :)

Try Decent Exposures online. They make their bras to your measurements so your bra will fit you perfectly, even lowering the arm holes or making them bigger. You can even specify what material to make it out of! It might be worth a look to get that perfect bra. I found them when I was looking for nursing bras (which they also make to order) because apparently fat girls aren't supposed to breastfeed. They made me the most comfortable nursing bra EVER.

thank you, I just looked them up and checked them out, it looks promising :) will check them out further
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm also not treating myself with food, because I am not a dog.

Woof, woof.

Mine would be gift cards to Boston Pizza, The Keg, and Newfoundland Chocolate Factory.
  • LanieSkylarker
    Options
    You treat yourself. The people who are crapping on your decision probably have financial responsibilities you don't, and you do what you have to in order to keep yourself motivated.