Friend request requirements

Options

Replies

• DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    Im with you. I discriminate. This isnt facebook and to truthfully be of any supportive utility theres no way i could accept every pending request. I monitor who says and does what on my current list and have to delete every now and then when theres no reciprocated edification. When I read bullcrap calories burns and boastful dietary whoring, lol, I cancel christmas. Also, I think I have maybe one guy on my list. All the other requests were highly suggestive of wanting to wreck by booty hole..homie dont play that. Though I occasionally indulge in the silly banter, I do appreciate high level inquiries about denovo gluconeogenesis, beta agonist attenuation, etc...and If you have amazing calves and hamstings, all other reqs will be exempted!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Of course it's nice to get a message as to what prompted the request, but def not a requirement, I accept everyone. :happy:
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    LOL I have no friends! I also don't have any standards for friends-that's just ridiculous.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I actually have a 20 page questionnaire, a background check, drug test, and three rounds of interviews.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I measure... things. If they meet certain requirements, they're in.

Spade is in.

how U doin
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    What are YOUR requirements before accepting a friend? Does the person need to have a background check? Be fingerprinted? Do they need to send a message telling you how awesome they think you are? Pat you on the back a little? How much *kitten* kissing is required to decide if this person is worthy of being your friend?

OR…is it not that big of a f-N deal to you?.. you just accept them and continue living your bada$$ life. If you decide later that the person is a ding dong you delete?

Just curious what are your terms and conditions?
    …someday I’ll sit with the cool kids!
    Based on how you have worded this question you seem to have a pretty negative opinion of anyone who would turn down a friend request. Personally I do appreciate a message so that I can know why they sent me a friends request in the first place. It can give me an idea of where they are coming from. If someone is afk for 1 month or more I do cut them off the list without a second thought unless I know them in real life or I know why they have been absent.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know at least the reason why the request was sent. It often serves as a nice conversation starter. The most common reason I get when people tell me that they want to be my friend is because they have read a forum post I have made. So knowing which post it was gives me an idea of they way this person thinks.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    It's nice to get a message but not a requirement with the friends request. I'm not easy but I can be had ... as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Typically I demand to know blood type and the number of functioning kidneys. Other than that I just want to know that they're here working on improving themselves in some fashion. I don't care if it's vanity or marathon training as long as they have a goal.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    They have to pass the rectal exam.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I like to know what I did to catch their attention. If it is from friends or a post I made in the forums. Just a simple introduction, especially if their profile is private!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have none, my friends list isn't so large that I need a urine sample to add another one yet.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I perfer it when they submit a $20 application fee with their request.

Hmmmm.... (looks at friend list) It seems to be fairly short list right now so apply quickly while there are spots still available!
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Sometimes I just deny people because I don't want anymore people on my fl
    Sometimes I add everyone
    The people with EDs, and creepy old men usually get deleted though.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky and don't have a list of requirements
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I will generally accept any ladies, with or without messages. Men, I am slightly more picky about because I have gotten a handful of dudes trying to dirty message me. Mostly though, I just delete if I don't like somebody.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I accept EVERYONE, if they took the time to request me, they must have something in common with me. So why would I take that away? Approved!
    QFT
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A message is nice. How'd you find me? Do we have friends in common? Do we have similar workout schedules?

I liek to keep my FL small and cozy - if we don't have anything in common, then no need to be friends. I like to interact with my friends, so if you are a wall flower and rarely talk....you're not the friend for me. No hard feelings.

I don't want to be collected nor am I a collector. I'm here to learn from others, help motivate, and have fun getting fit and healthy!!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    No real requirements, I accept everyone. I'll just delete you if I realize it ain't working out for whatever reason. The only thing I ask is that people on my friends list not be easily offended. If you're the kind that has been offended by professionals and can still take more, we'll get along fine :-)
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have accepted all friend requests lately, I have deleted a few creepers.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What are YOUR requirements before accepting a friend? Does the person need to have a background check? Be fingerprinted? Do they need to send a message telling you how awesome they think you are? Pat you on the back a little? How much *kitten* kissing is required to decide if this person is worthy of being your friend?

OR…is it not that big of a f-N deal to you?.. you just accept them and continue living your bada$$ life. If you decide later that the person is a ding dong you delete?

Just curious what are your terms and conditions?
    …someday I’ll sit with the cool kids!
    Based on how you have worded this question you seem to have a pretty negative opinion of anyone who would turn down a friend request. Personally I do appreciate a message so that I can know why they sent me a friends request in the first place. It can give me an idea of where they are coming from. If someone is afk for 1 month or more I do cut them off the list without a second thought unless I know them in real life or I know why they have been absent.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know at least the reason why the request was sent. It often serves as a nice conversation starter. The most common reason I get when people tell me that they want to be my friend is because they have read a forum post I have made. So knowing which post it was gives me an idea of they way this person thinks.

good answer.