Ask a Big Aussie Bloke...

Options

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a kiwi?? Besides a fruit that is.

This is a kiwi about the cutest animal around, but I didnt think they were native to Aussie

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCSJn_cSQq7pdzBLO3qVEweGKWEW1C9rwqAmWeRQm9y6nAuWwy

No they are not native to Australia. The bird is endemic to New Zealand and is that country's fauna emblem.
    "kiwi" is a colloquialism in Australia that can either refer to a New Zealander or New Zealand itself.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I would love to go to Australia someday it seems like a beautiful country! If I ever get the chance what are your must see destinations?

Here are just a few:

Cradle Mountain (Tas)
    Hobart (Tas)
    Uluru (Northern Territory)
    Sydney Harbour, Pittwater, and Blue Mountains (NSW)
    Sunshine Coast (SE Qld)
    Daintree, Mossman (Far North Qld)
    Melbourne (Vic): for the food and shopping

For more, consult your Lonely Planet guidebook for Australia
    kind regards,

Ben
  • Shiree80
    Shiree80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a kiwi?? Besides a fruit that is.

It's a nickname for someone from New Zealand. It's also a type of bird.

Thank you! lol
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    well since big aussie bloke has deactivated, I am happy to take over as resident random Aussie guy :tongue:

Great there goes another friend :(
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I would love to go to Australia someday it seems like a beautiful country! If I ever get the chance what are your must see destinations?

Here are just a few:

Cradle Mountain (Tas)
    Hobart (Tas)
    Uluru (Northern Territory)
    Sydney Harbour, Pittwater, and Blue Mountains (NSW)
    Sunshine Coast (SE Qld)
    Daintree, Mossman (Far North Qld)
    Melbourne (Vic): for the food and shopping

For more, consult your Lonely Planet guidebook for Australia
    kind regards,

Ben

Been to all of them except Uluru. Favourite is Mossman. (I live on the SC though)

I'd add:
    Byron Bay (hippie surfy/backpacker town)
    Phillip Island (fairy penguins and motorbikes :smile:)
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Oh man! BigAussieBloke deactivated? That sucks! I had so many more questions!
  • mockchoc
    Options

There are other Aussies still on here you can ask. So ask! :)
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Have you ever played rugby, what position? Ever get stung by a jelly fish, what type? How much would it cost to ship tim tams to the US?
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    VB or Twoheys at the cricket?
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

Are all Aussie chicks hot like you?
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    So come to the land of the Hobbits instead :-)
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Have you ever played rugby, what position? Ever get stung by a jelly fish, what type? How much would it cost to ship tim tams to the US?

I'm sure the questions weren't for me but since he's gone I'll answer. No I'm too girly to play rugby, yes got stung by a jellyfish but not sure of the variety.. wasn't a dangerous type but OMG did it hurt! I just sent Tim Tams and lots of other chocs to a friend on here in the US. It cost quite a lot but there were multiple packets.
  • mockchoc
    Options

Are all Aussie chicks hot like you?

Of course?! Silly question. :wink:
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options

I'm sure the questions weren't for me but since he's gone I'll answer. No I'm too girly to play rugby, yes got stung by a jellyfish but not sure of the variety.. wasn't a dangerous type but OMG did it hurt! I just sent Tim Tams and lots of other chocs to a friend on here in the US. It cost quite a lot but there were multiple packets.

Thanks mockchoc, sorry about the jelly fish sting
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options

I'm another Aussie Girl so will answer the Tim Tam question :bigsmile:

for about 3 or 4 packs it would cost $28.90 by normal air mail. Played rugby in school for fun and no never been stung by a jellyfish.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Heard there are a lot of topless beaches in Australia.Is it true ?:love:

There is one nudist beach in my area. I went there when I was younger looking for hotness, found a whole heap of oldies :laugh:

I would say in general, topless sunbaking is not as open as say some European countries. Aussies are a bit timid re nudity I think. Say in comparison to Japanese people who just don't seem to care at all.

that just sucks.:grumble: Off to find the Big European Bloke
  • TheHatchMan
    Options
    If you were friends with "Bigaussiebloke" you may want to send a friend request to me! I am much more awesome than he ever was and way more handsome! hahahahahaha!
  • mockchoc
    Options
    If you were friends with "Bigaussiebloke" you may want to send a friend request to me! I am much more awesome than he ever was and way more handsome! hahahahahaha!

Well I was but how do I know if you are him for sure? :smile: PM me your first name then..
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :smile: Bump to read later
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread and bumping for the list of places to visit! My hubby and I always have said we want to visit, but will most likely stay!