30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My Stats!!

Weight (as of 9/9/10, don't own a scale so I can't weigh myself often) : 217lbs
    Bust: 45 inches
    Below bust: 39.5 inches
    Waist: 37 inches
    Hips: 44.5 inches
    Gut(pooch,lol) : 48 inches
    Butt: 47 inches
    Thighs: 29.5 inches
    Calves: 18.5 inches

I'm hoping to see these numbers shrink!! :D
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I doing Zumba tomorrow, so I'll start Tuesday. I'll post stats soon too.

And has anyone seen Biggest Loser... Jillian is SCARY! Hopefully she'll be nicer in the video :laugh: heehee

Haleighallen - you don't own a scale?!?!?!? You go girl. I have an ISSUE with the scale, I use to get on like 8 times a day. And the only reason why I don't now is because my boyfriend hids the damn thing. He brings it out on Mondays so I can weigh in.
  • haleighallen
    Options
    I'm in! I doing Zumba tomorrow, so I'll start Tuesday. I'll post stats soon too.

And has anyone seen Biggest Loser... Jillian is SCARY! Hopefully she'll be nicer in the video :laugh: heehee

Haleighallen - you don't own a scale?!?!?!? You go girl. I have an ISSUE with the scale, I use to get on like 8 times a day. And the only reason why I don't now is because my boyfriend hids the damn thing. He brings it out on Mondays so I can weigh in.

What is zumba? I've heard a lot of people mention it but idk what it is :/ lol

And BL is my favorite show everrr!!!! But I don't have cable either >.< I just got my first apartment and can't afford it yet D:

And no, I don't own a scale, but that isn't by choice, haha. I just haven't been able to afford to get a nice one yet. But I'm working in it for sure!! And heyy, what you're boyfriend does isn't all that terrible. You'd get soooooo discouraged if you weighed yourself every day, because water weight always fluctuates. You should thank him for thinking about your sanity lol
  • snowbunnyak
    Options
    Im in, I just havent had time to measure myself yet.
  • haleighallen
    Options
    Im in, I just havent had time to measure myself yet.

Make some!!!:tongue:
    Are you doing anything else right now besides browsing MFP?
    Take a break and measure!! :bigsmile:
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Haleighallen - I'm doing Zumba for the first time tomorrow. I signed up for a 5 week class at my local gym. My sister did it and LOVED it. Its a latin dance class thats designed for fitness/weight loss. They do sell home dvds too. The class is suppose to kick your butt by doing dance moves to fun latin music. If you search zumba videos you can find some on youtube. It'll be a nice distraction to my normal walk/jog/gym routine. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went! I hope Zumba combined with the shred will jump start my weight loss!

And yes - my bf hiding the scale is very much a good thing. I think I have an addiction! I expect my weight to magically go down 10lbs after one good day of eating and working out lol
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 done..... October 19 is the 30 day mark, I am hoping to see some wonderful results by then.:wink:
    Recap of stats

Start weight: 172.5
    waist 36
    hips 41
    thigh 23.75
    bicep 13

now off for my walk with the dogs... Have a great day everyone.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight/ Measurements

106.8 lbs
    waist: 26.5
    hips: 33.5
    thigh: 21
    bicep: 10.5
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So my mom has been hearing me talk about the shred and when she came over yesterdaym she asked if I could play a small snip-it for her. Well, she thought it looked easy so she asked if I could start it over and that we can do it together. I can''t tell my mom 'no I won't exercise' so I did it AGAIN, yep, 2x yesterday. I'm not nearly as sore today as I thought I'd be. So in a way, I've kind of done it 3 days in a row, this past Friday and 2 yesterday (making up for Saturday in a way). Not that I'm counting that here, but in my mind I am. So really I've completed 6 days, which kind of helps as my 2yr anniversary is Oct 18th and the weekend before I won't be able to do much of any exercise.

Are any of you planning on moving up to level 2 at a certain day or just whenever? I thought about changing on day 7, but that would be today, so I think I might play it and see how it is first, and if I'm comfy enough to go through with it I will, otherwise level 1 is nice and cozy. Besides I still can't get through the jumping jacks and jump rope back to back without taking a break. I plan on doing the shred later today, mid-afternoon-ish. Until then, I'm headed for a walk, pilates, and maybe WATP w/Leslie Sansone,

Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to read all your stories :)
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I started the DVD last night and I only made it through the second circuit before I just couldn't do anymore! I had just finished an exhausting bike ride...tonight I'm going to do the video first, then the ride!

Starting info:
    Weight: 265
    Waist: 50.5
    Hips: 56

Those are the only measurements I have handy--I'll try to remember to break out the tape measure when I get home tonight and do the rest of me. :)
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I soo want in on this! I started 30DS last Monday and only skipped Friday this past week, so today will be day 7 of level 1 for me. I haven't done any measurements, but I will try to tonight when I get off work. I lost 2.5 pounds this past week weighing in at 128 this morning.

I think this is great to have to report in - I finally had to convince a friend to start doing it too, so I felt more accountable. This will definitely be motivation to stick with it. I would like to have 0-1 day of rest a week. Other than the DVD I'm not doing much; I try to go on long walks (around an hour) on Saturdays and Sundays, trying to get at least 3 1/2 miles each day. I'm also breastfeeding, having a 5 1/2 month old severly limits my workout time - so woo hoo for 30DS!!

Good luck to all and I'm ready to see the weight drop off for us all! :wink:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I'm In! Hope it's not too late...Today will be the first day I re-start 30 day Shred w/ Jillian Micheals. I would LOVE a support system this time around..keeps in on track and in check.

Current weight: 205

Measurements in inches
    waist: 36.0
    Hips: 44.5
    chest: 43.0
    Right thigh: 23
    left lhigh: 23
    Right arm: 13.5
    Left arm: 13.25
    Right calf: 15.5
    Left calf: 16

I am hoping to be ( in 30 days) 10 - 15 pounds lighter! We can do this!!!!

Do we check in everyday with weight/results or every week?

Have a great day!!!
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!! My scale reads 150.9lbs but I went to the Dr. today and their scale reads 153lbs. I am going to go by my scale since it is easier to keep track of weight loss or gain.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    OK-- Here it is... and I must admit that I am trying to keep things in perspective because I have been on MFP for a month... I have been eating well, counting everything that goes in my mouth, working out dilligently, etc. I have lost 5 pounds which is a little less than I expected... but on the bright side, I have lost inches. I revamped my program on 9/15 -- and I am hoping to have better results in a couple of weeks. Time will tell.

Starting info:
    Weight: 165
    Waist (2 fingers above belly button): 34
    Abs (at belly button): 35.5
    Hips: 39

Keep the perspective that everything worthwhile takes time.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ok ladies! Anyone get in their first day of Shred yet? What did alll of you first time shredders think? I did this a while back so I knew what to expect and surprisingly it went by faster then it usually does. You just can't beat this workout...26minutes....great workout for a busy mama/wife . I do however hate jumping jacks, I think I'm gonna wear 2 sports bra's for extra comfort next time :laugh: and I think I'll mute Jillian tomorrow and put on some of my own tunes:laugh:

How did day 1 go?

What excersices would you like to improve on level 1?
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    LEVEL 2 SPOILER ALERT!!
    Deanna, luckily in level 2, jumping jacks are only featured in the warm up. There is a cardio segment with the double jump (simulating jumping rope). There's not even many push ups in level 2, just walk out push ups. but lots of moves were you have to hold yourself in plank pose as the starting position of the move. I really like the abs section in level 2 too! I can finally do all the moves with no modifications and no resting, so I'm moving on to level 3 today. I think I'm up for the challenge.

Everyone keep shredding!
  • softcoeur
    Options
    5'6"
    197 lbs.
    Hips: 45.5"
    Waist: 33.5"
    Thighs: 27"
    Arms: 14.5"

I've had the DVD for a few weeks now and have done it a few times, but I'd love to start it up again (for real this time!) with some fellow shredders for support! :)
  • jesscamry
    Options
    Just ordered the 30 day shredders.... I am so in!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    i will do this :) (thanks to SaraTN)
    Getting a tape measure at lunch and will measure tomorrow morning and enter a new weight.
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Here we go.......Measuring myself was the most depressing thing ever :-( just trying to look on the bright side and think at least im making a change! So,

Height: 5ft10
    Weight: 196 lbs
    Arms: 12.5
    Waist: 37.5
    Stomach: 44.5
    Hips: 42

Have done my first shred! Was hard but I managed to keep up ok and was proud when id finished!! 1 down, 29 to go. Good luck to everyone else still to do it!