How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W3d2 done! It was a little bit of a struggle, but much better than w3d1. W3d3 on Sunday.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W3d3 done! I actually enjoyed it today. I didn't want to get out of bed, but once I did I felt great. I think I am ready to move on to W4. I think this will be the biggest challenge week. 3 and 5 mins jogs, Eek!! We'll see how it goes on Wednesday. My first 5K is on Oct.5th. I should have plenty of time to finish even if I have to repeat a couple of days. Can't believe I am almost 1/2 way through already.

How is everyone else making out?
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    W3d3 done! I actually enjoyed it today. I didn't want to get out of bed, but once I did I felt great. I think I am ready to move on to W4. I think this will be the biggest challenge week. 3 and 5 mins jogs, Eek!! We'll see how it goes on Wednesday. My first 5K is on Oct.5th. I should have plenty of time to finish even if I have to repeat a couple of days. Can't believe I am almost 1/2 way through already.

How is everyone else making out?

Well done Nicole!! I'm still limping around, so no chance of running again just yet. :cry: I'm keeping a finger on the pulse, though, and cheering you and the others on this thread on! :drinker:
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just finished w1d2. My the back of my legs are pretty sore, which makes me kind of excited. I decided to start this program because I've longed to be a runner for awhile now, and would love the added benefit of tone legs.

I'm definitely going to keep up with this forum because seeing how far everyone else is great motivation!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! :flowerforyou: Keep going! :drinker: beattie, keep resting...hope you feel better. I did the 8 week program and I have completed it!!! :drinker: For some reason I am finding that the first 7-8 minutes are the toughest for me??? It seems like once I hit 8 or 9 minutes it gets easier.? Is it this way for anyone else?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! :flowerforyou: Keep going! :drinker: beattie, keep resting...hope you feel better. I did the 8 week program and I have completed it!!! :drinker: For some reason I am finding that the first 7-8 minutes are the toughest for me??? It seems like once I hit 8 or 9 minutes it gets easier.? Is it this way for anyone else?

I feel the same way. I am doing the 9 week distance version and am ALMOST done. Two more runs left and one I am doing in an hour or so. The first part is always a pain for me and I struggle so hard. But after about 10 minutes I have a rhythm and feel like a machine!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Week 3, Day 2 just finished... Day 2 for every week has been my struggle. One more run, and I'm on to Week 4. *shudder*
  • amyjen321
    Options
    Great job everyone! W3D1 done! Have to admit im pretty sore...

Are most of you doing only c25k or are you pairing with other things on your off days?
  • DreamItWorkIt
    DreamItWorkIt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone else just starting? I will be doing my first day tonight after work. Would like to friend some people who are near the beginning of their journey like me.
  • brisr001
    brisr001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just starting C25k for like the 4th time, never seem to be able to get past W1, this time I'm determined to get through it and move onto C210k. Goal is to be able to do the annual city2bay next year (12km)

Today was W1D2, which amazingly I got through!!!, finding the trick for myself at the mo is to slow down my pace... I'm in this for the long haul...
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Thanks Maureen! :drinker:

I've been hanging around on here, hoping to congratulate you on finishing! :happy: :happy: :happy: :drinker:
    Well done!! :happy:

I fell by the wayside at the start of week 8, and like you, find the first few minutes really tough. My body says "Stop, this is too hard!" but I found if I kept going and just did the best I could, feeling awkward, lumbering and puffed, I got through it. After a short time, while I listen to the music and look at the scenery, the voice in my ear says "That's five minutes done" and I realise that I'm on autopilot and cruising along - not fast, but able to jog along.

I hope to work my way back to that soonish.
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Great job Maureen!! I always want to stop the first few minutes but then get in my "zone" after around 5-7 minutes. I have moved on in to the 10K training program and it is back to intervals (this week it is run 15 walk 1 x 3) and often after that 1 minute of walking I find myself wishing I had just kept running because I go through the "dread" at the beginning of each interval...

Best of luck on your continued running!!
  • brandon_2A
    Options
    I've never been much of a runner but started it about a 6 weeks ago on a treadmill. I finished week 3 but it made my knee hurt something fierce. I switched to the elliptical a 3 weeks ago and the knee pain has gone away so 2 days ago (Sunday) I tried running again but on a trail, not a treadmill. I finished the 1 mile loop without too much struggle and no knee pain.

I guess I just don't like treadmills?
  • brandon_2A
    Options

YES.

I feel like I slam into a wall almost as soon as I start but then it almost feels like I go on autopilot and just cruise.
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Are most of you doing only c25k or are you pairing with other things on your off days?

I do other training at the gym. I strength train, ride bike, hop on the eliptical or use the arc trainer. Tonight might be Zumba.
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    Just did my first c25k run! I survived it... i think.... god my groin hurts now tho ! lol
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Great job! You can do it!

I lift weights on 3 days that I don't do C25K. That takes me about 20 minutes. Thinking of adding a stationary bike to it also. I want to strengthen my thighs more.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile: I guess I am not the only one that struggles at first....it seems odd that the first 7-8 minutes are the toughest! lol Seems the end would be...but, like many of you I really struggle and want to stop early on and then when I hit 8 - 9 minutes it feels *easier*.

The question about off days....so far I have been doing C25K on mon, wed, fri and do strength training on tues, thurs....which is fairly new to me as well. Started it shortly after starting C25K.
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So I know it's not much, but I just owned the final day of Week 1. So much so, that I kept running/walking for another half hour. For once, sprints were fun! Who knew?

Looking forward to starting week 2! Keep up the awesome work y'all! :)
  • Inc1961
    Inc1961 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    W1D1 went ok. I am NOT a runner. Despise it in fact so lets hope I can find the inner strength to get through this. My former self deserves that chance!
    I use my music while I run along with the app on my phone which tells me when to walk, and run (woggle actually).

I used the sidewalks and roads today but I think I will head to the park with the trails on Friday. Hopefully, avoid shin splints and make it more interesting for me, and for my dog!