40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,971 Member
    Options
    I've never tried "shakeology"....am happy with plain ol' whey protein powder from Costco (cheap!).

princessofred - the photos don't show up in your blog (for me - might be my browser??). I'll see if they're in your profile (yet).
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention that my 21 day reset is complete.

I tried shakeology this morning instead of my usual protein shake and I don't like it! A friend of mine sent me some samples (I think she is trying to get me on board) but no way. It's awful. :tongue:

I knwo so many people rave about how great it tastes. They lie. :laugh:

Honestly i have read tons about shakeology and its more of a fad. Even if i could afford to get it i stick with my good ole whey protein powder.

I don't use shakeology. I used only real food for the reset. A friend of mine sent me some shakeology samples - tried the first one this morning....wasn't impressed. I prefer my whey protein as well. :happy:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps - when I asked, I thought, couldn't be cataracts, she's too young. Good luck!

Chelle - your pics don't show up for me either.
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes flora I like to watch them sword fight too! lol I learned the hard way how many feeders to put up per acre and not to fee the Orioles! They are beautiful, but they tear the feeders apart because they are so big!

Tell me about the Orioles! They have plucked out one 'flower' in each of my feeders this year. This is the first year I've ever had them. So for my Christmas present from my parents, I asked for the specific Oriole feeders with the flip down perches and holds more liquid and bigger holes for them to stick their beaks through. I also put out a bowl of grape jelly and learned to stick out oranges in the spring, cut in half.

They 'more or less' leave the feeders alone or when they use them, go for the open 'hole' they've already made where they tore the flower out.

I also planted lots of canna's this year with their tall red spiked flowers to give the hummingbirds something else to work on and attract them.

I've noticed increased activity on the spazz's front lately. They must be starting to feed more heavily in prep of migration soon.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    All the nurses kept commenting on me "being so young" for this surgery....I kept telling them, "I'm actually 75 years old - I look pretty good, huh?|

My left cataract is out....my vision isn't "clear" like I thought....maybe tomorrow. Oh, and it wasn't "quite" the Sunday picnic they described....my blood pressure tanked on the table, they had to rush in to put in an IV with some meds, but I had NO veins because I was completely dehydrated/fasted, lol.

Anyway, next week I've got my right eye - now I know what to expect!
  • Shmom123
    Options
    Is this an open group? I just started MFP a few days ago. 53 hrs old in a few days.152lbs looking to loose 15 lbs.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Shmom123 - it's an open group!

Back at work....my vision check this morning was great! My next eye is Thursday...I'm a little more nervous this time around, but even still, it's all good and life will go on. First things first - a long weekend, followed by school start on Tuesday!
  • sdereski
    Options
    That was my thought Beeps - that you were too young for cataract surgery. I'm glad everything turned out okay, despite some scary moments!

Welcome Shmom123 !

Down another pound this morning. :happy: That's 11 lbs in 22 days.

Didn't get a "workout" in but I worked my but off at home cleaning. Actually worked up a sweat. lol. I have company staying with us this weekend, and I like eveything done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, I want a WHOOSH like that sdereski!!! What's your secret??!?!?!?!?!

I have been cleared to 'walk' - nothing strenuous, or even brisk, but leisurely walking is okay. Even that should help regulate my sleep, so I'm going to go out at lunch and do that!

HR came down with their "hours of work" mantra yesterday....I've always assumed, since I'm a professional who doesn't have "work-hour caps", that if I come in early and stay late, i can take my lunch hours to go to the gym. This "communication" kind of suggests, "no". But, I'm going to go ahead and keep doing what I'm doing. If they "balk", then I'll come in at 8:30 and leave at 5:00 and fit my work-outs in before or after work....you'd think they'd be happier that I'm here 7:45 - 6:00 with a longer lunch, but we'll see!!!!
  • Shmom123
    Options
    Thanks sdereski..congrats on the weight loss!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    082_zpsd62e91c3.jpg

don't know if this is going to work or not, but thought since I share so many stories about my grandson that I should attempt to show off my handsome guy. We went and walked to the park today and he loved the swing. The last time I tried out the swing he didn't like it, but he was a lot smaller than he is now.

Beeps- glad to hear that you are doing well after your ordeal with your first eye. Hopefully everyone can be a bit more prepared for the possibilities when they do your other eye.

Sdereski- great job on the loss. I am actually down 3 lbs this week- that's after a couple of weeks of bouncing back and forth a couple of pounds.

OMG! I did it!! It's a bit big because I forgot to resize, but at least you can see him!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Geez, he is C-U-T-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The new pic is in my profile now. Have to learn how to post pics on here lol

So glad you are doing ok beeps! Get that workout in whenever you can!

Sil- I am so happy for you! Great loss!

Picked my hubby up from the airport fri and today we looked and campers. Found the perfect one! it is small but has just what we need in it! Can't wait to pick it up this coming fri and take it out! Will be great not to have to drag bags in and out of hotels every other weekend! Just pack the camper and go! woo hoo!

Have a great Sunday and Monday cool kids! xoxo ; )
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'll get a walk in this morning....my eye really does want to be closed a good portion of the day. Recovery is much more difficult than I had anticipated. Totally dreading this thursday's surgery.

:sad:
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids! Back from vacation and trying to get back into the swing of things with counting/logging, etc. Spent a decent portion of the day grocery shopping and cooking for the week ahead, so fingers crossed I'll get back to a good pattern quickly.

Beeps, sorry to hear the first surgery is making you dread the second. I hope the first eye improves enough in the next day or so that you can go into the second surgery with your mind a little more at ease.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Returning from five days off from work is tough! Enjoyed spending time with my grandson and family! I did make it to the gym on Thursday. I walked to the park and played with Jake on Friday. Saturday was a 3.4 mile walk on the trail and Sunday and today was 30 Day Shred DVD.

Yesterday my daughter and I took Jake to the NY State Fair. We walked, walked and walked some more, so lots of exercise and didn't do too badly with calories either. No deep fried food! We had a great time!

School starts this week so back to the routine of having Jake at the house two days/week. It was hard leaving to come to work this morning as we were playing with blocks before I had to leave. Luckily for me he was getting tired so he was napping when I left.

Four day work week! Yeah! Have a good one everybody!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I, too, am glad it is only a 4-day work-week. Not looking forward to right eye surgery on thursday and will be glad when this chapter is in the rear-view mirror.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I'm still over 40. I keep waking up thinking that will change. And I suppose it will soon enough.

At some point I will then be over 50. :/
  • bak2sq1
    bak2sq1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im just new - for the second time. lol Wasn't in the right frame of mind the first time, but have a new dedication and drive this time around. Could use some friends for support - so feel free to add me if you need/want any new friends. :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Chaelaz - I actually LOVE MY 40's! Of course, I also loved my 20's and 30's too. I mean, really, what's the alternative?? My friends in their 50's are also SUPER-AWESOME! It just keeps getting better-and-better....

Welcome, bak2sq1! Hope you set some goals and write down what your plan is to execute. Execution is KEY!

I'm headed out for a walk. Then a bath and to bed....that's all my time for today!