55 Years Old, 1 Year, 126 Pounds Lost

Replies

• karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    youve done amazingly well and look fabulous! well done! and thanks for the common sense, I read so much rot on here about 'dont eat this dont eat that, eat more calories' you did it on 1200 calories and i can too! well done :)
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    You are such a WONDER WOMAN!!! Congratulations on your success! All the best in the future :smile:
  • roxypoxy123
    roxypoxy123 Posts: 7 Member
    Love your story, I hope in a year mine will be as inspiring.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. Way to go making yourself a priority!
  • Thanks so much for sharing your story Kat. What a year! Way to turn things around and give yourself life again. You look great!

The part of your story that touched me the most though was when you said "I feel like I’m worth taking care of… finally". It made my eyes fill. You have gained self worth! THAT"S AWESOME! Your statement is a clear indication of the direct affect our lifestyles can have on our mental health.

You're an inspiration. Keep up the good work!
  • *EFFECT :embarassed:
  • melodylou
    melodylou Posts: 22 Member
    I'm sending you a friend request because you are an amazing, inspiring person. Your post brought tears to my eyes. You've taken responsibility for your own body and your own health in the same way that I am striving to do. Thank you for sharing!!!!!
  • JudithIsabel
    JudithIsabel Posts: 8 Member
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! It is truly inspiring and it made me take a look at my journey and I just realized I do not have a plan, I have been winging it. From now on I will be more focused, motivated and planning for success. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • thebryfi
    thebryfi Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for sharing, what a great success story! I am 52 and started with MFP two months ago... have failed in the past many times and I have adopted the same approach that you did at the start:

"Now, my priority is holistically on my health, and the weight follows"

Right on! I'm doing the same thing, and I've lost 22 pounds in the first 2 months, and hoping to reach 100+ by my 1 year anniversary on MFP.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    You are doing amazing!!! Awesome job!!!! :)
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    You are doing a fantastic job, well done!
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    inspired
  • anabs72
    anabs72 Posts: 19 Member
    What a great inspiration! Thank you so much and congratulations on this achievement!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! You've really inspired me with your mature attitude and common sense approach to overall health.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Wow, I want to thank everybody who stopped by and took the time to leave a comment. I needed some inspiration today and I received so much of it by reading everything you wrote. I will be rereading them over and over anytime I feel like faltering. Thanks again!:flowerforyou:
  • What an inspiration! I think I'll put your pics on my fridge!! LOL
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    This is fabulous - you are AWESOME! Great job!!!!
  • Wow, you look amazing! Congratulations!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Kat you are one of my biggest supporters and I am very supportive of you as well.

Your story was not only enlightening but encouraging.

Thank you for sharing. I know there are many who will read your story and that will give them the courage they need to get up and start their journey.

Hugs to you friend......KYM
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    This is totally awesome and inspiring! Knowing yourself and loving yourself has made a wonderful change in your life. I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!