A confession to the MFP Police

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    This was already on my clipboard from another thread, and well, I'm feeling all teary eyed.

tumblr_inline_mj4ksyS4GW1qz4rgp_zps4a49b058.gif
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I changed it but I'm on my phone so it took ages to do :heart:

:drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I feel shame because I'm probably going to spend the rest of the day thoroughly lodged in the first category. Oh well.

rainbow-diagram-roygbiv.png

As long as you don't later try to claim that you are never mean and people just don't like to hear that they are wrong, works for me! :flowerforyou:

Hey now. I'm not being mean.

Just a little trolly.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I enjoyed this post and it's encouraging to see that you can be imperfect and still meet your goals!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I think I love you for this post!! :heart:

Oh I want to add my confession -

I wait until the end of the day when I know I'm not going to eat anything else - then I work out how many squares of chocolate I could eat with the remaining calories I have left and sometimes .... just sometimes, I eat that chocolate goddammit! :happy:

hahahaha i do this sometimes
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Just a little trolly.

Well, it is Friday, and some of us are stuck at home, bored and sick, so you are serving up some entertainment value. Troll + non-mean = useful and appreciated.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I don't log most days. I guess I'm at goal but it scares the **** out of me.
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good for you...about time someone stepped and posted what we all wanted to..but did not. Yeah!!! you are a hero, life is real and we all make mistakes, no need to ever get beat up by those that have gone before. My willpower sometimes gets up and leaves me too..so be it, I may take an extra few months or a year to lose what I want to lose...so what, it is my choice.
  • Achrya
    Options

Just a little trolly.

Well, it is Friday, and some of us are stuck at home, bored and sick, so you are serving up some entertainment value. Troll + non-mean = useful and appreciated.

519625154_1676477.gif?4

367524048_1950718.gif

(Covering the bases.)
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being REAL about it! Wish more people had the same wonderful attitude as you, and not the the Exercise/Calorie Nazi's that we have all had to endure! Good on ya! And a huge congrats on your success!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being REAL about it! Wish more people had the same wonderful attitude as you, and not the the Exercise/Calorie Nazi's that we have all had to endure! Good on ya! And a huge congrats on your success!

One day I'll meet one of these exercise/calorie natzi's that everyone claims prowls the boards saying if you're not perfect you won't succeed :noway:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Just a little trolly.

519625154_1676477.gif?4

367524048_1950718.gif

(Covering the bases.)

:wink: :smokin:
  • Achrya
    Options

Nazis?

Harsh
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree with both comments. We are here to support one another not judge. There is a difference between saying something to help and saying something to make a person feel small (mind wise). Just as it was stated, we've all been there at one time or another otherwise we wouldn't be on this site.
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    JenniferTSmit Selector
    Joined Apr 2012
    September 06, 2013 2:41 pm
    QUOTE:

I have no problem with people making suggestions. I know myself, that I didn't start to see weight loss until I logged what I ate. If I suggest a person log if they are not, and that makes me the MFP police, so be it.

Congrats on your success!

Thank you! I also have no problems giving and taking suggestions. Taking suggestions and learning different things is how I lost the weight. I am referring to people that are just mean and rude and make fun of other people because they do not know everything or they are trying and doing it all wrong. That's all. There are some mean people on here. And I am positive that you are not one of them!

I agree with both comments. We are here to support one another not judge. There is a difference between saying something to help and saying something to make a person feel small (mind wise). Just as it was stated, we've all been there at one time or another otherwise we wouldn't be on this site.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, I get on here everyday and I see people getting beat up on by the MFP police.

Where are these MFP police? I've been here a while and visit the boards with some frequency, and I have seen precious few people "beating up" others.

I hardly ever see anybody giving advice unless an OP is coming to the boards for help. In which case, how is giving advice in any beating them up?

One thing I have seen is an OP whining that they are stuck and can't achieve their goals for whatever reasons who proceed to argue with the people giving advice. I'll never understand that, but even that isn't "beating up".

I forgot - I did see somebody whining that she was tired of seeing people put "walking dog 15 min" down as exercise. As I recall, more people disagreed with her than agreed.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    1. I do not log every single little thing that goes into my stomach. I have a little creamer in my coffee every morning.... I don't log the coffee or the creamer. I also have a jar of sugar free hard candies on my desk..... I eat probably 6 of those a day. Oh, and I just had a chocolate and I have no intention on logging that either.

--Fine, as long as you're losing weight...

2. I did not even know or understand what TDEE was until I googled it a couple months ago. Now I get it and I still have no intention on using it.

--I know what it is, but I don't calculate it or follow it.

3. Some days I do not eat my exercise calories back.

--I never routinely do this. For one thing, I'm afraid I'll have overestimated my exercise calories.

4. Some days I am in starvation mode. Sometimes this will last for more than a day.

--You have never been in starvation mode. Not eating for a couple days does not put you there.

5. I do not drink enough water. I am lucky if I make it to 6 cups in a day.

--As long as you're losing weight...

6. I do not use a HRM. I use the calories burned MFP says. If I am on a treadmill, I will use that amount. Occasionally I will get curious and google "calories burned
    " just to see what that says.

--I use a HRM only to see how hard my heart is working and how quickly it recovers from cardio. It's not a calorie calculation tool.

7. I do not weigh or measure my food. I never have. I follow the hand guidelines that I have seen and heard many times.

--As long as you're losing weight... I don't do it all the time, but I find that using a digital scale is helpful.

8. Some weeks I only weigh myself once, some weeks I will weigh myself 7 times. Sometimes I weigh myself more than once in a single day. It depends on how obsessive I am and wether or not I weighed myself and shortly before I had a good poop. Honestly, you can loose a whole pound just by going to the bathroom somedays.

--As long as you're losing weight... I try to weigh myself at least a couple of times a week.

9. There are weeks when I am lazy all week and the only thing that will make me happy are pop tarts. 400 calories of toaster pastry goodness. And on those days, I do not log my pop tarts because I do not want to see what I did.

--As long as you're losing weight. If you log, however, you get better results by being consistent.

10. I used to be fat..... just like you.

--I've never been fat. I figured out what worked for me a long time ago.

There are no rules, ordinances, or laws. The things you've listed are merely GUIDES. Some people don't have the independence to treat them as such.
  • sushpandey
    sushpandey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks for writing your confession, its really make my journey a bit easier.
    take care.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST! I love my friends who cheer me on. I makes me boil when someone who does not walk in my shoes gives me advice that I have not asked for.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Nazis?

Harsh

Yeah. Sometimes I wonder the liberal use of terms that represent horrific events in history..but eh