What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The time I consume my calories has no effect on my weight loss. I eat when I'm hungry but I eat healthy food and no junk. I will get up in the middle of the night occasionally have have something to eat if I'm hungry and as long as I don't go over my calories I'm good as gold.
  • Ydw220
    Options
    I normally have a boiled egg, some fruit and coffee, but today and yesterday, I had a hot dog. I already beat myself up about it, but I also tracked it. And, it was delicious. I'm sorry!! I just love them so because i didn't eat them as a kid. That was the only bad thing I had. Baby steps for me!!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I had 2 eggs with 1/8 cup turkey sausage crumbles and a blueberry bagel
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My breakfast depends on how hungry I am and if I got up late or not. It ranges from yogurt to oatmeal or in some cases slim fast(I know, some would argue that's not really breakfast) and anything in between, really it depends also on what I'm hungry for.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I usual eat oatmeal, almonds, and either a peanut butter sandwich or a protein shake (well I drink the shake but you get gyst) for breakfast, right after my workout.
  • CindyArlene
    CindyArlene Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Toasted nut muesli mixed with fruit (usually strawberries) and yogurt. On weekends when I have time to cook scrambled eggs with mushrooms or sweet peppers.
  • I never eat breakfast or lunch. Just snacking and dinner
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    I usually have reduced sugar instant oatmeal only 120 cals yum
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had two eggs with spinach, turkey sausage, and once slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    A cheestring, a Babybel light and 200g of blueberries :happy: love my some plastic dairy!
  • captndalton
    captndalton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Power was out this morning, cooking was out. I made a Ham n Cheese on Rye sandwich, cucumber, tomato, mustard ... then a couple servings of Muscadine grapes ... and a diet orange Crush soda.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have been eating two breakfasts (I get up around 4:00 am and need to eat every 3-4 hrs). Favorites are:

SMOOTHIE
    frozen banana (half), grapes (10), and blueberries (1/2 c.)
    (and/or strawberries, peaches, melon, etc.)
    1/4 c. low fat vanilla or whole milk maple yogurt
    1/2 c. low fat grass fed milk
    1 tbs. peanut butter or almond butter
    1/2 tbs. local honey

BREAKFAST WRAP
    carb balance tortilla (19g carb, but 13g fiber!)
    2 tbs. shredded cheese
    scrambled egg
    sauteed onion/mushroom/pepper (whatever's on hand)
    1 strip bacon or 2 oz. lean ham

Usually, I will have had both of these before lunchtime ... may have to give one up as I get closer to goal, but I'm hoping not! I eat more in the mornings, and less as the day goes on, so breakfast is super important to getting me going ...
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Often, two scrambled eggs w/ a tbsp of shredded cheese and lots of salsa. But this morning, 3/4 cup of Uncle Sam cereal w/ 4tbsp of half and half and strawberries.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Your metabolism will not slow down or speed up that quickly. Nevertheless, you certainly can if you want to. I usually go really small, but since I am now bulking and having a hard time eating enough, I am working on upping the cals at bfast

I had:
    1 scoop myofusion chocolate protein powder
    1 scoop instant coffee (mmmm mocha)
    2 cups whole organic milk
    Splash of sugar free caramel syrup
    handful of ice

450 cals, 42g protein, 29g carbs, 19g fat (37%p/25c/38f) Yum!. Still not enough though....
  • ehorn625
    Options
    During the work week-just coffee, lunch and dinner and maybe a snack. On the weekends I might have fake eggs with turkey sausage or turkey bacon.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Vegan protein powder (Alive pea protein), 24 grams of protein, almond milk (90 calories for 2 cups and more calcium than cow's milk), cup of blueberries.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    During the work week-just coffee, lunch and dinner and maybe a snack. On the weekends I might have fake eggs with turkey sausage or turkey bacon.

This breakfast would make me want to cry. Fake eggs and fake bacon? Never see that on a menu... You do know that dietary cholesterol and fat =/= body fat and blood cholesterol right? Eggs are the most complete and natural form of protein on the planet. The majority of your brain is made of fat and needs fat to function properly, and many vitamins are fat soluble meaning that you will not absorb them if they are not accompanied by enough fat.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Two cups of coffee & a Quest bar!! Yum!!
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Eggbeater omelet - 3 tbs, fried with .5 cup of pepper-onion blend.
    1/2 cup of oatmeal in 1 cup of boiling water, with a teaspoon or two of cinnamon powder. No sweetener.
    Fish oil supplement.
    Multi-vitamin.
    Water.

395 calories, only 28 carbs and 2 sugar. And it's filling!