Options

Replies

• igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    "Because I'm a bit weird."
  • thinfitfabulous
    thinfitfabulous Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Never found anyone that I could truly relate to, so what would the point of the relationship be?
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I say I was successful at everything in life except being healthy and feeling good. Now that I have done that I feel like a great package and now I'm ready to not be single.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I am attracted to women and all women are INSANE!
    Well, you revealed why you're single in that answer, but it isn't what you think.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Because most of the men I've been out with around my hometown are *kitten* or I just don't find that spark with. I'm not saying all men are just what I have come across. I think I may need to move. :-)

Oh and I am pretty much a homebody so unless I meet them at work, the grocery store or the gym I am doomed!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Why am I single? Apparently, it happens when you least expect it. That's what they keep saying!
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not single. Maybe if you're overly sensitive you would think it's rude but it's no different asking me why I'm not single. You can be single if you're too picky, scared, not ready, closed off .... Just my 2 cents
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I am happily not single but hypothetically speaking; I would just say because my previous relationship did not work out (if that was the case) or my wife passed away (which I hope will not happen for a long time). These are the only two reasons why I would be single so telling the truth is simple to me and what happens from there is all about the game.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am quirky and blunt. I break ice using a very dry, wretched sense of humor and it backfires. I also do not go around pretending to be a hot shot, even though I am.
    True Story. xo
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wish I was sometimes. Like right now. He's being an idiot. My fault he left the gate open and the dog ran out. :devil:
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The second I sense the slightest amount of BS, I'm gone. I also like to be pursued and these days......well, ya know.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For those that ask that question on the first date - and I know you're out there - don't you think that's a pretty rude question to ask someone you barely know?
    I don't know if I would call it rude, but it seems a bit pointless . . . I mean, look, you can ask me all kind of questions (bank balance, health history, why I am single) that I am not going to answer on a first date, any more than I would tell a person walking down the street . . .
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am quirky and blunt. I break ice using a very dry, wretched sense of humor and it backfires. I also do not go around pretending to be a hot shot, even though I am.
    Haha love it
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Because most of the men I've been out with around my hometown are *kitten* or I just don't find that spark with. I'm not saying all men are just what I have come across. I think I may need to move. :-)

Oh and I am pretty much a homebody so unless I meet them at work, the grocery store or the gym I am doomed!

helllllooooo pittsburgh, pa

im the same way (not that i find men to be douches, they are) but that i dont do the bar or club scene.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

helllllooooo pittsburgh, pa

im the same way (not that i find men to be douches, they are) but that i dont do the bar or club scene.

Well hellloooooo Pittsburgh. :flowerforyou:
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A lot of people ask me that and I reply with "I get bored easily" that usually shuts them up lol
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am single because I don't have time to be lied to , cheated on or abused and taken advantage of. I am a beautiful person inside and out and I try to see the good in everyone which usually ends up getting me hurt in the long run. I am a single mom with a career and 2 teenagers. I don't have time to be wasting on immature men that wanna play games, I'm better off single! :ohwell:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about this, and I'm not sure I'd like to be asked that question on a date, off the bat. Because anyone I'd want to spend a serious amount of time with would know that sometimes things don't work out, that grownups have histories, etc. They wouldn't attribute being single to some personal flaw, they'd know that we all go through stuff. & figuring out compatibility, etc, would come from just a normal conversation, at first.

You said i better than I did :). And in my experience, many many men ask this on dating sites, like in the first message! Totally off the bat, not cool.

Many, many women ask this as well. Both sexes are equally guilty. Take a chill pill!
  • sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    After two failed relationships, the last one more heartbreaking than the first, I am simply just not ready for anything serious with anyone else. It's a scary thing to make yourself that vulnerable, it hurts too much when it falls apart. Also, I'm a student and I work two jobs..I have no time to get involved.

But I do have toys, as every single woman should. Along with wine. :wink: :drinker:

Awesome! And pretty accurate in my case as well!

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I agree. Pretty stupid question.

I'd say, SKIP! Next question! I mean it's speed dating and that's at least a five min answer. They must throw that question out there when obviously not interested or impressed :laugh:

Married, but couldn't help myself :tongue: