ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm sure that this has already been said, but I'm not reading all 14 pages. After looking at your diary, I see you're eating under 1,000 calories most days, or 1,200 calories. Not going to work. Your body is holding on to all of your fat stores, because it thinks you are starving. You're probably burning a ton of calories by all that exercising, and you're under-nourishing your body. That is most likely why you're not losing any weight. There may be one other reason why you're not losing. I noticed on some days you either didn't log the entire day, or you actually only ate 300 cal's some days. On 1 or 2 days, you didn't log at all, so maybe you're overeating to make up for feeling starved and deprived. There will be some people who want to argue the point of not eating enough, but I can tell you from experience, that does NOT work! I have a bodymedia that I use, and it tells me exactly how much I burn every day, and I simply deduct appx 500 cal's from that, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have always lost exactly what I planned to lose when I log my calories accurately, and stick to that deficit. There's no guess work, and it links up with MFP, and gives you the exact number of calories you need for the day. If you burn more, you get more calories for the day. Muscle burns a *kitten* ton of calories, and my guess is you probably have a good deal of muscle from all the exercise you do, so your body needs energy! You can give up if you want to, but I'd rather maintain than sit there and pack on the pounds and get all flabby and fat and not have any energy, and not feel good about myself. BTW, some days, I eat 2,000 calories, depending on how much I burned that day, and I still lose weight. Last week I burned 3,100 cal's in one day. All I did was 2 zumba classes. Something else you may want to look into. If you're interested in the bodymedia device it's www.bodymedia.com it's from the biggest loser, and it's worked wonders for me! ;)
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Im glad I dont accept friends like you on here..WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON A SITE THATS SUPPOSE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE??

Accept? You sent me a friend request, not the other way around.

Anyway, what is there to encourage? You've announced that you've given up. I figured I was supposed to respect the decision you've made, even if I think it's a bad one.

Is it my responsibility to convince you that you need to change a decision you've made? That would be treating you like a child, not an adult. Are you an adult, or a child?

Maybe you meant I'm supposed to encourage you on your stated goal, which was giving up. Should I encourage you to give up, since that's what you said you want?

I like you:flowerforyou: ...that is all
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Alright...I'm not generally one to give tough love...but I'm going to....girl, it's time to BUCK UP!

I just went through your entire diary since the beginning of the year. And one thing you are not doing is being consistent...and trust me...I am the QUEEN of inconsistency but I've also lost and gained 100 pounds a couple times in my lifetime so please understand that what I'm about to say is truly meant to help open your eyes.

You need to LOG EVERYTHING. Every day. Buy measuring cups and spoons, and a decent food scale...Walmart...maybe 25 bucks for all of that. Stop obsessing over the scale. Log your calories burned at the gym....always enter your numbers in the gym equipment for accuracy OR get a heart rate monitor. Eat those calories back....many days you are way under your calories but because there is inconsistency with logging, not sure if you are undereating or just not logging.

Prep meals on Sundays...make your life easier...and less stressful. Losing weight can be hard...but not as hard as you are making it.

And for the love of God...don't give up. Geezus. What the heck is that gonna do for you?! NOTHING!

What you have been doing isn't working...so do something different.

And...if you know you have a medical condition that may be working against you...get that checked out if you can!

I have to concur. You were way under your calories on many days and you were eating a lot of packaged processed food that your body can't digest and turn into energy as easily. Try to stick with foods with one ingredient that would be on the outside wall of the grocery store. Good luck!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Im glad I dont accept friends like you on here..WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON A SITE THATS SUPPOSE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE??

Accept? You sent me a friend request, not the other way around.

*throws bucket of water over them both*
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    This is like a train wreck I can't stop looking!
  • acec00p
    acec00p Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1235277_612408395456078_346820929_n.jpg

What would have happened over the last 9 months if you hadn't been doing all you've been doing? Would you have gained 10lbs? Would your health have improved?

Awesome
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    That's a fine point. When you come to a community filled with people who have done the months or years of research and hard work to really succeed, and yell that you're giving up because you aren't willing to do the hard work, you can't expect a ton of sympathy.

eeeeeeeeeeexactly!
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The processed food she was eating was Kraft Mac and Cheese and Totinos pizza rolls. That is not better for you to eat than poultry, vegetables, fruits and low fat dairy such as greek yogurt.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The processed food she was eating was Kraft Mac and Cheese and Totinos pizza rolls. That is not better for you to eat than poultry, vegetables, fruits and low fat dairy such as greek yogurt.

Eating Mac and Cheese or Tostino pizza roll isn't going to sabotage your ability to lose weight unless you are constantly eating these at a calorie surplus.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah YOU COULD BE GAINING MUSCLE blah blah blah

nope-octopus.gif
  • earthdragon1788
    Options
    maybe you need to cut down your exercise routine a bit, sounds like your bodies a bit under stress, relax it off to 3 times a week maybe... they say 80% weight loss is what we eat 20% the exercise ...but dont give up :) just stop stressing over it and relax
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah YOU COULD BE GAINING MUSCLE blah blah blah

nope-octopus.gif

what is that creature? it cracks me up.. I thought it was a monkey at first, but i think it may be an octupus.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! This is going to turn into the longest thread... about nothing!!!!:frown:
  • MoWithaSmile
    Options
    Sometimes I have more inches lost than pounds in a month. Not sure how far away from your goal you are but it does slow down as you get closer. Shouldn't give up or at the very least stop the new lifestyle change!

The moment you're ready to quit is usually the moment right before the miracle happens. Don't give up!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! This is going to turn into the longest thread... about nothing!!!!:frown:

Not true, it's about weight loss myth's greatest hits. The OP is obviously a hypothyroid patient who has gained 10 pounds of muscle while in starvation mode.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well i got something out of it - that topic about starvation mode is a myth and eating under a calorie deficit will lose weight.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is the thread that never eeeeeends, it just goes on and on my frieeeeeeeends...
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Well the ladys still logging so maybe she got something out of it :o)
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your calories are too low.....