• aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    eating for weight loss and eating for optimum health are not the same
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    _gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.gif

Damn it. I had things to do today. Now, I'm just going to be sitting here, refreshing this thread to watch it devolve into the usual insanity.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Someone already has ate unhealthy calories for 1 month.... so no one here needs to eat pizza for a month unless they really want to. OP needs to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

(Proof that 1 unhealthy calorie = 1 healthy calorie)

Nutrition facts are a different story but that is just common sense...
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    This is an argument I have quite often with people.
    All calories are not the same. 250 calories from a slice of pizza is not the same as 250 calories from a meal consisting of grilled chicken breast, a side of quinoa and fresh raw spinach.

If you agree or disagree, please post in the in the comment section below
    NbET7G9.gif
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    This doesn't surprise me, majority of you use chemical substances such as aspartame ad sucralose as an alternative to sugar, because someone, somewhere told you it's completely healthy and natural.

Anyways, I dare any of you to consume 1200 calories of pizza a day for a month and monitor your results.
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts. and no, peanuts are not nuts. Now if you yield the same results with both diets I would be amazed, and it's simply would not happen. The fact is, at the end of the day, your body stores away fat in a means of protecting you. It's not going to store away the vegetables because it doesn't contain any fat, your body wants to store fat in case you suddenly don't have food anymore.
    Pizza is a completely man made food, your body wasn't even designed to even digest man made foods . The body thrives on natural foods.

You got one thing right. A peanut is not a nut. The remainder was akin to listening to my 4 year old nephew talk about dinosaurs.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    OP, you so you and I'll do me.

Mmmmmmmm pizza.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Pizza's a man made food? Tomatoes aren't natural? Wheat isn't natural? Cheese isn't natural? Oregano and basil aren't natural? But wait, vegetables and fruits are natural? So fruits and vegetables are natural, but suddenly aren't when you put them on pizza?

Also, the body knows the difference between eating a pizza, and eating a tomato with cheese? Huh, I must go tell all my biology teachers that they're wrong, and the body doesn't just recognize the component chemicals of various foods whe digesting them.

This might be the most uninformed, ignorant OP I've ever read.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I guess since he didn't have enough responses from his 1st thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1098061-anyone-else-have-trouble-consuming-enough-calories

Oh and OP - you should be eating more than 1200 for a guy. And 250 cals is 250 cals regardless of the source.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have spinach or chicken on my pizza.

lol Yes.

In for pizza and for a calorie is a calorie - a unit of measurement of energy, whereas the nutritional value or the satiating factor of given foods will vary.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    _gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.gif

Damn it. I had things to do today. Now, I'm just going to be sitting here, refreshing this thread to watch it devolve into the usual insanity.

I am powerless.

Seriously, though. This is a joke, right?
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    waitingforop_zps79ebfdee.jpg

Hahahaha
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    The calories are the same no matter where you get them it's the nutritional value that's different.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    This doesn't surprise me, majority of you use chemical substances such as aspartame ad sucralose as an alternative to sugar, because someone, somewhere told you it's completely healthy and natural.

Anyways, I dare any of you to consume 1200 calories of pizza a day for a month and monitor your results.
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts. and no, peanuts are not nuts. Now if you yield the same results with both diets I would be amazed, and it's simply would not happen. The fact is, at the end of the day, your body stores away fat in a means of protecting you. It's not going to store away the vegetables because it doesn't contain any fat, your body wants to store fat in case you suddenly don't have food anymore.
    Pizza is a completely man made food, your body wasn't even designed to even digest man made foods . The body thrives on natural foods.

"We conclude that a calorie is a calorie. From a purely thermodynamic point of view, this is clear because the human body or, indeed, any living organism cannot create or destroy energy but can only convert energy from one form to another. In comparing energy balance between dietary treatments, however, it must be remembered that the units of dietary energy are metabolizable energy and not gross energy. This is perhaps unfortunate because metabolizable energy is much more difficult to determine than is gross energy, because the Atwater factors used in calculating metabolizable energy are not exact. As such, our food tables are not perfect, and small errors are associated with their use.

In addition, we concede that the substitution of one macronutrient for another has been shown in some studies to have a statistically significant effect on the expenditure half of the energy balance equation. This has been observed most often for high-protein diets. Evidence indicates, however, that the difference in energy expenditure is small and can potentially account for less than one-third of the differences in weight loss that have been reported between high-protein or low-carbohydrate diets and high-carbohydrate or low-fat diets. As such, a calorie is a calorie. Further research is needed to identify the mechanisms that result in greater weight loss with one diet than with another. "

Study: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/899S.full

But I guess your brilliant arguement of "Because I said so!" is a good enough counterargument.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options

PeaNUTS are not nuts? Yeah, okay....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    This is an argument I have quite often with people.
    All calories are not the same. 250 calories from a slice of pizza is not the same as 250 calories from a meal consisting of grilled chicken breast, a side of quinoa and fresh raw spinach.

If you agree or disagree, please post in the in the comment section below
    The only thing this statement proves is that you do not understand what a calorie is, nor the difference between macronutrients and micronutrients.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

"We conclude that a calorie is a calorie. From a purely thermodynamic point of view, this is clear because the human body or, indeed, any living organism cannot create or destroy energy but can only convert energy from one form to another. In comparing energy balance between dietary treatments, however, it must be remembered that the units of dietary energy are metabolizable energy and not gross energy. This is perhaps unfortunate because metabolizable energy is much more difficult to determine than is gross energy, because the Atwater factors used in calculating metabolizable energy are not exact. As such, our food tables are not perfect, and small errors are associated with their use.

In addition, we concede that the substitution of one macronutrient for another has been shown in some studies to have a statistically significant effect on the expenditure half of the energy balance equation. This has been observed most often for high-protein diets. Evidence indicates, however, that the difference in energy expenditure is small and can potentially account for less than one-third of the differences in weight loss that have been reported between high-protein or low-carbohydrate diets and high-carbohydrate or low-fat diets. As such, a calorie is a calorie. Further research is needed to identify the mechanisms that result in greater weight loss with one diet than with another. "

Study: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/899S.full

But I guess your brilliant arguement of "Because I said so!" is a good enough counterargument.

That....was hot.
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

peanuts are legumes
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

They're actually legumes. They grow underground, not on trees like real nuts.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are a bean.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It's craziness. PeaNUTs are not a nut. CheeseCAKE is not a cake.

IT IS INSANITY