We should do a walk challenge.

Options

Replies

• amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

I got 5 walking miles in this weekend + 5 previous = 10 miles total so far.

How's everyone else doing?
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got another 5 in this morning while walking the dogs. I have a border collie and a rottie so you can imagine we do a pretty quick pace. How's everyone else doing?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll admit it... I lost my motivation to workout and as of last night had 0 miles logged in. :embarassed: :angry: :frown:

Last night as I was laying in bed I started talking to myself... and I promised myself that I would start catching back up and if I woke up early I would workout before I had to leave for work.

I'm happy to say its 10:30 am and I got in 3/4 of a mile on the eliptical this morning before work and I'm looking forward to my regular workout tonight :drinker: Hoping to have about 3 miles in by the end of the day.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    5.43 miles on the bike today. I wanted to do more, but I was pressed for time. I was going to walk outdoors, but there is so much to do around the house as I am going out of town at the end of the week.
    I just wanted to say that everyone is doing a great job staying committed to themselves and the walking program that they have laid out for themselves.

steph great job walking. it's tricky to walk outdoors during this time of year because the weather is so unpredictable through Sept and esp October.

foxygrl, great miles!

Chub- awesome job!

bobbi- excellent work, soak those tired feet!

Amelia, you're doing fantastic and I love the pic!

lynne, I bet your dogs really love your walk. keep up the good work.

Learning- I love the elliptical too because its low impact on the knees. I am sure you will get your miles in today. You're already off to a good start.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Turned down today's walk due to my cold. I'm almost through it, and then I'll be back to walking full-time! The cold air really burns your lungs when you have a cold.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello All, today I have managed over 4 miles, it has been a nice day today!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I got 5.5 miles today. :)
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    4 miles on Saturday
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    2 miles today :happy:
  • bobbijomacknight
    Options
    I did manage another 1 mile tonight. I had a 90 min soccer game, so all I manage was the one mile afterwards.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    I'm up to 90 miles now - haven't walked as much as I would have liked to in the last week but I shall be stepping it up again this week xxx
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Did 4 miles today. Got Subway, and then walked to the park about a mile away w/ the family to picnic with our food, and then walked back. Then when we got home, took the dogs for a 2 mile walk.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You all are doing great. Picked up a little over two miles this morning (only counting 2 though because I'm not sure how far over). It's so hard to get out of bed in the dark and go outside and run. I did it though, only two more weekdays, 5K on Saturday and I'm going to do a short run (or no run at all) on Sunday rather than my normal long one because I've been SO active this week. Literally, no rest. I dont want to overdo it to the point I get hurt and can't even show for the 10K.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! My friend has lost 40 lbs lately from walking 5 miles a day. I'd like to add up 100 miles walked by the end of October!! This should motivate me to really get outside and enjoy the weather like I should be. Fall is my favourite time of year, and I want to enjoy it, since it also seems to be the shortest season.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've added you to my spreadsheet. :happy:

Edit: I added sabrinalg to the spreadsheet too :happy: Can't wait to update it with everyone's total miles so far on friday :bigsmile:
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for adding me to the spreadsheet! :happy:
  • barty
    Options
    Hi everyone, Today has been my day off and I have walked at least 6 miles so very happy with that, on the down side I have just been out for dinner and eaten far too much...... and half of it was not very healthy Ooohps!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Hi everyone, Today has been my day off and I have walked at least 6 miles so very happy with that, on the down side I have just been out for dinner and eaten far too much...... and half of it was not very healthy Ooohps!

Days off always get me! Hopefully your 6 mile walk helps cancel out all the food. You are doing great though, you better not let a dinner get in the way of that :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • barty
    Options

Days off always get me! Hopefully your 6 mile walk helps cancel out all the food. You are doing great though, you better not let a dinner get in the way of that :heart: :flowerforyou:

Thanks, I will be good again tomorrow, promise :smile:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    everyone is doing awesome. I pushed myself to walk 4.4 miles today. Thanks to everyone who post big walking miles every day. its very encouraging.
    On October 15, I am going to change my goal to double where I am at the half way point, so if I'm at 50 on october 15, I'm going to challenge myself to do another 50 by the end of the month. I feel I am getting too far ahead and that I set my initial goal too low. but I don't usually put in this many miles, this challenge has lit a fire under me to want to do more.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I walked 7.5 tonight.