40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Looking to join the 40+ club too. I am 43, will be 44 in Dec. And as my user name says, I have 4 kids. I'm an unsuccessful career dieter, now seriously focusing on being a lifestyle changer instead. :smile:
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I've been slowly sliding down a plateau for a while now, and will be 40 in about two weeks. I definitely need to get on the same track where all the cool kids are getting it done. :smile:
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Seriously Beeps, I was describing my headache! You have to know I meant no reference to your eye surgery! My apologies if you were offended.

Take care cool kids!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Morning!

hello newcomers!

jonny - hope you made that zumba class and had a wonderful dinner as well!

KellySue - dammit *grumbles* I have a Tassimo. I haven't seen a Pumpkin Coffee Mate either but am now on a mission!! and I am assuming that Jake is that cute lil guy in your pic with you?

Beeps - lol, love the enthusiasm to getting back at it! I did have an awesome walk and run yesterday, thanks. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! =) I have a final weigh in on the 23rd for a challenge I was part of. I am not going to make my goal weight for that as I focused on maintenance during the last few weeks of my 1/2 training when the miles were ramping up.

Patriot - As Beeps suggested, measure and log everything! Often plateaus are created by over estimating your work outs or under estimating your intake. =)

I had a very nice loss on my scale this morning, 2.5lbs but I only 'checked in' 1.5, to be safe! =P It's an 'installing muscles' (rest) day for me today so no wokouts but I am looking forward to a walk at lunch and my weekly golf game this afternoon... or is it the beers?? lol

Have an awesome day kids!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    ...no way did princessofred just apologize to me for no reason except that I was being sarcastic, lol! No harm intended and no foul received. love, beeps
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    lefteyeball_zps6999be42.jpg

^^^ left eyeball. 3 weeks post-cataract-removal. I got to actually APPLY MAKE-UP to it, today.

tomorrow I lift!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Beebs - What I would do for eyelashes like yours. :)
  • matabill
    matabill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This looks like an awesome club!!!! I am 45 with 2 children and have been on a life long journey to be fit and healthy! I try to work out at least 5 days a week and track everything I eat on MPF. I have also recently (6 weeks ago) joined a "Watchers of Weight" club at work. I'm down 10 lbs and should be very proud of myself but am stressing over this weeks weigh in....I know its all in my head and I should knock it off!!! blah, blah, blah.....
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    WOW...lots of hot moms here !!! This looks like the perfect group for a 45 y.o. guy like myself.

After seeing a few pics of my over-hanging belly, I knew something had to happen. I joined a gym in May and was able to get the first 10 pounds off pretty easily. I joined MFP to help me get rid of the last 10 pounds that seem stuck around my midsection. Keeping track of what I eat for the past week seems to have helped - we'll see at this weekends weigh-in.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I want in!! :) Where do I sign up? lol
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Holy crap--I bought a pair of size 8 pants today. I honestly thought I could never fit into that size. I am amazed.

Beeps, eye (and makeup) are looking good! Enjoy your lifting tomorrow!

And hello to the new folks!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yep, "Hi" to the new folks...stick around, it might be fun!

I'm heading to the gym about 10:30 am. I came in an HOUR early to the office to budget the time to get to the gym, re-start my membership, change and L-I-F-T.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a data analyzer junkie. And being very frustrated with my weight and not losing and blah, blah, blah, I decided to make a change.

I got the jawbone up activity tracker band and app and have been wearing it for a few days now.....what an eye opener. My day is painfully INACTIVE if I don't add in regular, routine exercise. I need to spend some time tweeking the calibration and such, but it is clear to me that I need to move MORE.
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    sign me up too!!! 43 and feel i am finally on the right track to health, but have a long way to go !!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids! Great to see all of the new faces!!

I made it out for my walk this morning- had to push myself to get motivated, but I did it!

Jake (my grandson for you that are new to the thread) Pulled himself to standing on my foot stool this morning and then tried to get his leg up on top of it so he could climb on the couch!! He is some hot stuff!!

We had made plans to go to a fall festival tomorrow, but they are saying that it is going to rain really hard which would definitely put a BIG damper (pun attended) on our plans. I am going to try to get in my longer walk in early in the morning since they are saying it won't rain until late morning. We'll see.

Have a good weekend all!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Beeps- *muah* ; ) Have a good LIFT!

Welcome to all the new faces!

Oh boy Kelly he will soon be into everything! lol

RM- Great! Awesome feeling! *happy dance for you* ; )

Getting the camper ready for a weekend of working, cool to not have to pack a suitcase! Next week we are off to Utah for a conference with my hubby! Boys and I will play at the camp ground and sight see in Salt Lake. Field trips/vacations/travel make a great add to homeschooling! Every day is a lesson, and the classroom is everywhere!

Have an AWESOME weekend cool kids! xoxo ; )
  • mewood72437
    mewood72437 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Throwing my hat into the 40-somethins club. :) Just started on my journey, and FINALLY doing something for me!!

Oh, and my family is being dragged along (sometimes unwillingly) to this more healthy lifestyle. My goal is to "get it all together", including my body, my responsibilities (2 kiddos ages 10 & 12) & work), my house, and whatever else that's left.

Only a few weeks into it, and man I'm feeling SEW much better. Did I mention I'm a handquilter? :wink:

BTW, I'll be 43 in January...
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Not 40 yet but it won't be much longer and I am totally COOL!
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Libi, 42 almost 43.

That is all.

In this burg I moved to, I'm identified as DH's wife or kids' mom. And whilst I'm extremely proud of that fact. Somewhere *I* got lost between meeting my hubs, having kids, and then grandkids, I was me first and it is taking the hubs some time to get used to me finding me again.

I joined MFP December 2012 and have lost the pounds doing something that I love, walking and exercise biking-not road biking because my balance is **** and I fall off. I initially set my goal at 20 pounds, lost it, then uped it to 35, and now I'm at 60 and at ONEderland for the first time in over 10 years. My new goal is to get near the 145 mark.