Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hell, all we wanna do is get ya naked!!!!

In my experience, this guy speaks the truth! Listen to him. They could care less about the hair and makeup. :laugh:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Only about 2% of us actually realize that we're naturally pretty, and don't need to do much to look attractive. We all need a little help to remember that we all have something beautiful about us, even without makeup.

Thoughts?

FTFY. :flowerforyou:
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm about as low maintenance as humanly possible :laugh:
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    <
    Can get ready in under 30 mins including shower. I think that is pretty low maintenance. Oh and I don't color my hair either. It has nothing to do with thinking I am naturally pretty or not, I just like to sleep in as much as possible.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    When you look in the magazines and they have the guys vote on which look they like best, the "low maintenance" looks always still have makeup and hair done and are air brushed....just done to look "natural." These magazine polls give a false idea of what low maintenance or natural really is.

I consider myself low maintenance but I still enjoy manicures, pedicures, getting my hair done, and wearing makeup. It just doesn't dominate my life. If we need to be ready in a hurry, I can do that. If I don't have the money to spend, I can make it work. But even my "low maintenance" lifestyle requires money and time to maintain.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know,

I never asked my ex to pay for anything and I rarely wear make-up...

and he still insisted I was high-maintenance.

And I'm like "Dude, it takes you 2+ hours to get ready to go anywhere! I roll out of bed, and I'm out the door in 15 minutes."

I don't get this high/low maintenance thing.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Yes. My ex wife was soo phuckin high maintenance it was pathetic. And refused to hold a job after we got married (funny how a ring can bring out the real person). I am an engineer and still struggled to pay bills. Never again.
  • _Z3sty_
    _Z3sty_ Posts: 120
    Options
    I mean, really? Whether it's the monetary cost or time savings, do you really think you'd be happier with a low maintenance woman? All I hear is complaining about how much a haircut/color costs or how much time it takes to straighten hair, put on makeup, etc. I'm just wondering. Only about 2% of us can get away with being naturally pretty. We all need a little help.

Thoughts?

I avoid high maintenance girls at all cost, they tend to be deceptive materialistic parasites.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    sweet baby jesus, yes, we want a low maintenance woman.

if i can be honest...

no, we don't care what you're wearing to dinner.
    no, we don't know if those shoes match your dress.
    we don't know what a clutch is (unless it's the kind in the car).
    no, we don't care about your make up. we're freaking hungry. hurry. up.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    We expect you ladies to take "some" time to look pretty,We get that. we like that. but within reason.
    Low maintenance could mean a lot of thing to a lot of people ,To me, I like a low maintenance woman, but you have to be man-enough to let her have her own mind and let her grow in her own terms. She might grow to compete with you and even challenge your manhood in certain times, As a guy you have to be okay with that too. I know, because I'm married to one for the past 27+ years. Conversely, if you want to have a hi-maintenance woman, guys will have to step into a daddy role, which mean managing and taken care of her "EVERY" need. It's a lot of work. but I have some of my guys friends that love that. Fills the male chauvinist need, I'd guess. Just my $0.02
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    <
    Can get ready in under 30 mins including shower. I think that is pretty low maintenance. Oh and I don't color my hair either. I just think it is a preference.

yup. you can put some effort into your appearance and be low maintenance as **** as long as you're efficient and don't take too long. I have my routine down to like 10-15 minutes.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Okay, that made me LOL.

I guess I mean, not growing old gracefully, but fighting it. For example, coloring the grey hair, plucking the misc. chin hair that grows when you get older, trying to avoid wrinkles.

NOT Blah blah blah, it's all about me.

Just trying to look your best, with a little modern help.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I saw one person say it depends…Which I agree with. Some women are naturally beautiful, but may ruin it by overly doing their makeup or trying so hard to look like they stepped out off the red carpet. When simple can go farther. HOWEVER, there are someone who can stand to go the extra mile to look more appealing…A woman with a not so pretty face, can recover by having a bangin’ body, or always being well put together (hair/makeup/clothing wise).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When you look in the magazines and they have the guys vote on which look they like best, the "low maintenance" looks always still have makeup and hair done and are air brushed....just done to look "natural." These magazine polls give a false ide of what low maintenance or natural really is.

My profile includes several photos of me. The black and white one is at a wedding and I was wearing a tiny bit of makeup in it. The rest are makeup fre and every one is what I look like after about 30 minutes of getting ready in the morning -- showering, moussing and picking my hair and throwing on a sundress (or jeans and sweater in colder weather).

Not even a tiny bit of makeup of any kind in any of them.

Men seem to like me just fine.

Also, that is my natural hair, the color and the curls.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Alos, I think a lot more than 2% of women can get away with being low-maintenance, but they don't believe they can, so they spend hours and hours being high-maintenance. And some of them come out of it looking worse than without all the makeup and super-processed hair.

Just sayin'.

Damn it you said what I was going to.

Personally I don't do the whole hair and make up thing, if I am going out I will do some make up not a lot, and hair that is laughable I am so terrible at doing hair. When its long a pony tail, when its short rarely anything gets done to it. I get cuts and colors for free because my mother is a hair dresser.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Just don't be high maintenance in terms of being emotionally needy and codependent, and I'll buy you whatever you want.
  • portpaw
    Options
    I don't think of high maintenance or low maintenance in terms of beauty regimen. I think of it in terms of expectations and how much the woman wants the man to do for her, especially if she never reciprocates.

For example, the person who said a guy has to pay for his GF to have her hair done - to me that is high maintenance. Or, if the woman always expects the man to take her to expensive dinners, buy her expensive jewelry, etc. - to me, that is high maintenance.

I don't think men like that kind of high maintenance...
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    We don't care much as long as you let us watch sports and get a little freaky in the bedroom....Other than that we really don't care
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    sweet baby jesus, yes, we want a low maintenance woman.

if i can be honest...

no, we don't care what you're wearing to dinner.
    no, we don't know if those shoes match your dress.
    we don't know what a clutch is (unless it's the kind in the car).
    no, we don't care about your make up. we're freaking hungry. hurry. up.

You say this, until I don't brush my hair or change out of my gym clothes before you drag me to the Palm for a steak.

Men don't want a high maintenance woman. You know, until they do.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm no men, but most men I know prefer a low maintenance woman who looks/smells/feels/is/etc. like a high maintenance one.
    Hell, even women would love to have the advantages of high maintenance with the low maintenance `costs`. :laugh: