• beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    44866138_6771.jpg
    9699235144_ae9d051695_m.jpg
    9699223574_b5aa247cfd_m.jpg

18 months of lifting heavy.

Wow. You look great.

ETA - That probably sounded creepier than intended. Infer the appropriate level of creepiness.
  • HollySue25
    HollySue25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank You!:smile:
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Nice work ladies!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just LOVE this thread!! Hope to include my own pics one day!
    Inspiring ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    cant wait to post my own pics here one day soon!!! I know this isnt facebook but I wish we could like things :)
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    These threads are truly my favorite. You all are so badass and great!!

I got halfway through stage 5 of NROLFW and started to just tire of the exercises. There were some I didn't like and the routines were getting too long to fit in my lunch break. I've since switched to stronglifts 5x5 and am a few weeks in and LOVING it. The simplicity of it and noticeable improvements make me excited to get on with it every day.

Now to just clean up the diet part... :P

Ditto. Although I got to stage 5 and then got pregnant but had already looked at moving on which I did for about 4 months. Starting strength which was awesome, really simple and great results but I wasn't pushing it too much. I am 37weeks and cant wait to get back to it!
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    UK Granny lifter been lifting as heavy as I can manage since June [ Please excuse the back flab ...its very resistant ] I am 63 yo , 5 feet 1 inch and 115 lbs [ 8 stone 3 lbs ]

I do zumba 3 to 4 times a week and lift 3 times a week

P1000642_zps38d55925.jpg

83aaafe2-2d07-4a7e-b76d-55b24b605bf3_zps1857bddb.jpg

c5c04d2f-81c5-4b5d-8290-501f9cae4422_zps6a0a86e9.jpg

81741723-c327-4a34-acd1-4129b9edfc5b_zpsb6655ece.jpg

Holy Cow!! You look AMAZING!! Bumping for later!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    44866138_6771.jpg
    9699235144_ae9d051695_m.jpg
    9699223574_b5aa247cfd_m.jpg

18 months of lifting heavy.

Um............. AMAZING!!!!! :drinker:
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you will have to creep my profile to see... but the proof is there!

and yes I creeped!! :bigsmile: another amazing job, well done!!! :wink: :drinker:
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options
    Honestly you all are so inspiring and look great!! It is such a nice thing to see this thread, off of MFP we are often told that women should look a certain way, and I found at the gym it was very intimidating for me because the weight section was full of guys and some who expected you to step aside/give way when you wanted to lift. This is great because I like seeing women embracing strength and not assigning themselves to certain gender norms.

<3
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind I'm still a work in progress! :wink: These pictures are 1 year apart, I'm on the left in both. In the first picture I am ONLY 10 lbs heavier and doing mostly cardio. The second mostly heavy lifting and not much cardio!
    IMG_5165528925889_zps2bb2795f.jpg
    IMG_5211847091306_zpscdc865a9.jpg
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. So many inspirational pics :)
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me wish I could go out and buy what I need to lift heavy NOW! I love looking through this thread. You ladies all look amazing!
  • lynty2
    lynty2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :heart:
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Honestly you all are so inspiring and look great!! It is such a nice thing to see this thread, off of MFP we are often told that women should look a certain way, and I found at the gym it was very intimidating for me because the weight section was full of guys and some who expected you to step aside/give way when you wanted to lift. This is great because I like seeing women embracing strength and not assigning themselves to certain gender norms.

<3

You should see the guys faces when I walk into the weights section. I just smile and carry on. So funny when I bench press 30 kg and they can't believe it. It's like look at that little old woman with grey hair ..... Haha
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This thread is so inspiring! I can't wait to post here one day!
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options

<3

You should see the guys faces when I walk into the weights section. I just smile and carry on. So funny when I bench press 30 kg and they can't believe it. It's like look at that little old woman with grey hair ..... Haha

You are the best, it probably intimidates them and makes them question their manliness when an older woman is out doing them. Your body is incredible!
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

<3

You are the best, it probably intimidates them and makes them question their manliness when an older woman is out doing them. Your body is incredible!

Thank you ! My family think I'm bonkers because Its hard work and I get quite a lot of aches and pains but I think its so worth it !
  • 1alicia3
    Options
    Awesome! Would love to be a part of this in the future!!
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later, had a quick look and love what I'm seeing. Currently doing NROLFW just started Stage 2, after being a cardio crazy person for years I am the biggest weight lifting convert.....LOVE IT!!!

P.s. Any weight lifting ladies feel free to add me, would love some more friends who do this to learn from

Suz xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!