Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in: It's always a good thing when the scale moves downward on a Monday :) I'm not sure if it's the extra running I've been doing, or the fact that I actually ate my calories and didn't go over. LOL I had a strong week, stayed very close to my calorie goal. I reviewed the past few months and my averages have been at least 200 calories over the goal I set, no wonder things have been so slow! Now I know this 1700 goal will work, as long as I WORK IT. If it's meant to be, it's all up to me.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yes it is Monday again. Had a great weekend. Played flyball with my dogs all weekend - Ran lots, walked lots and managed to eat little, Good feeling. Scale has not moved this morning but I did not drink enough water all weekend and am probably dehydrated. Watching the dogs going crazy for home water makes me remember that. Did not sleep enough either - wicked thunderstorms Friday and Saturday night and the princess dog I am dogsitting is terrified of thunderstorms and whined all night even though I let her sleep in my bed. Princess!! Lack of sleep made me leave my puppy outside this morning when I went to work. remembered him when I got to work and came home to let him in. Bad mommy!! So I got permission to work from home. Could not have made that excuse up if I tried. Luckily the rain had stopped and Rodney the italian greyhound puppy survived. He is sleeping now - warm and content. I was in charge of lunch for the team this weekend and not one person complained that I was trying to starve them. Hurrah!! Lots of veggies and fruit - hot soup and cabbage rolls. Did not even offer desert. And no one complained and I survived. Was very worried about this. Want to sign up for Zumba class. Need to do this today - deadline time. First class is Wednesday night. Have heard that Zumbz is fun. Will see.
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm bbbbaaaccckkk! I must first say a big THANK YOU to CinDenn3 - she checked on me when I fell off the face of the Earth. The last month has just been yuck for me. I haven't been the least bit interested in anything to be completely honest. I have felt worse than I have in a very long time. My oldest son who is ADHD has been having issues (mostly personality conflicts) with his main teacher at school and that's been very hard, but after a meeting with lots of people at the school last week, I have no doubt that's going to help (I'm sooo hoping). I also started a week ago taking ZEAL Wellness. This is what my mom tried to get me to start a while back and I refused because I only heard about the weight loss part of it. I was diagnosed several years ago with depression/anxiety and have been on medicine for a while now and like I said the last month has been terrible. Zeal is really amazing. It's all natural and it's made me feel like me again. I even signed up to be a consultant, which is not normal for me, but I want people to feel the effects like I have. It has helped people with all types of issues from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fibromyalgia, depression, etc. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not here trying to sell (of course if you want more information, just message me and I'll be happy to send it to you) I just want to say I know I can continue on this journey now and once again, thank you to CinDenn3 for your thoughtfulness, it meant more than you could ever imagine!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good place for some motivation!
    I've just come back to MFP
    My weekend was hard, I had a high school reunion and baby shower in the same day. Lots of CAKE! I will say that I am proud of myself to limiting 1 small piece of cake at the reunion and none at the shower! This is a first for me, as cake is my downfall!
    I didnt exercise like I wanted to, but I did spend time with close friends, my husband, and my 15 month twins.
    I also went grocery shopping late last night and bought fresh fruits and veggies for snacks this week.
    I forgot how much I love the crunch of cellery!
    @kookyk9s Zumba is a lot of fun! Before my babies I went 2x a week and lost a lot of weight! Now, I go when I can find daycare on Saturday mornings.
  • jooles48
    Options
    Hi my name is Julie !! I just joined MFP and am looking for folks to help keep me motivated and focused. I am 44 yrs old and live in SC with my husband, We don't have children together but I have a wonderful 8 yr old step son. I need all the help I can get on this journey. Thanks, I am glad I found this topic!:wink:
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a long hiatus. Work has been super busy and then I got sick - retina hemorrhage which led to blood work for lupus and other auto-immune stuff. Everything came back negative but I'm not on mega vitamin D and an anti-inflammatory. Since then I've been doing much better with my eating and not eating everything in sight and I'm not tired all the time. I am however, somewhat sidelined due to my knee but off to physical therapy I go.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi, ya'll!!! L-O-V-E this thread. :-) I had an interesting weekend, to say the least...had to call 911 for my father yesterday because he was white as a ghost and out of it for a bit - may have had a heart attack, not sure - he's still in the hospital but coherent, talking, and with his color back. LONG history of heart problems, breathing problems, and diabetes so these episodes, sadly, are not that infrequent.

On a personal note, didn't see the # on the scale go down this weekend, but the body fat % dropped 0.4% so that's great! Had planned to do some walking but was obviously sidetracked my the event mentioned above...will get in double-duty today.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I think I'll follow your all's advice and avoid nutrisystems. I can't really afford it anyways xD

Thank you all, sincerely, for the advice. Its a wonderful help.

Sunday sharing... I went to the doctor yesterday because I had to call out of work (very rough day) and I discussed quite a bit with them. They think that I may have PCOS which in and of itself doesn't bother me because I don't want kids... but they said it makes it so much more difficult to lose weight. They suggested getting checked for it and said that the treatment alone would make me lose a lot. Honestly I'm terrified though... the thought of tests and stuff is... horrifying to me. They said that if I do have PCOS, it is still possible to lose weight, but it's much much harder. I guess I have no choice but to schedule an appointment tomorrow morning when I get up and hopefully, if I do have it, my insurance will cover the cost of the treatment.

I have PCOS and have for years. It will make it harder to lose weight but it can be done. I lost almost 50 pounds. But as a person with PCOS you can't slack at all, ever. I just started eating normal food again, not insane or anything, just the same stuff my family was eating and often less than them. And I gained all of it back. You have to exhibit constant vigilance. Now I'm having to start again. But if you're willing to work, you can take it off.
  • alojohnson13
    Options
    I have continuously tried to lose weight and today marks the official day I will not stop. It motivated me to see all of those who have gone so far, but I shows how far I have to go! If any of you have any advice I would love it.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: It's good to be back in my normal routine. Of course, Monday started off just lovely. I'm pushing Cyrus to get his butt moving this morning. We're rushing to get out the door and I completely drop my Berry Protein Shake. Needless to say, my pants are covered in lovely purple stuff. Not a happy camper. Not that my pants were wet, but I didn't have a chance to fix a new one. Oh well. Luckily, I had a Quest Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar with me and it was darn good with 21 grams of protein - Woo Hoo!!!!

@ Gorilla - Busy weekend, but great job getting in the exercise. I'm always in awe of those folks out running in the ran. I'm like Karen and an exercise diva I'm afraid. Weather has to be perfect if I'm going to be outside. I do prefer it over the dreadmill. Good for you!!

@ Meltinmomma - 2.4 lbs is GREAT! I would take any loss with a big smile. Keep it going!!

@ Kaye, Karen, Kelley, etc. . . I think many if not all of us know this weight loss journey will be for life. Even when I lose the weight I want to lose, I know this will be a daily battle for me. I haven't gotten to 44 years old and fought my weight all these years if it wasn't an ongoing fight. Losing the weight is one thing, but the mental side is completely different. Friends for life!!

@ Anna ~Always great to get a nice little boost. Good for you!!!

@ Meisterkidd ~ I had never really heard of PCOS until some of the folks on this thread have battled it. Kelley gave a great recap of her experience. I know everyone reacts and handles things differently, but hopefully you can find what works for you if you do have to deal with that as well. Make the appointment though and start tackling it now. We're here for you!

@ P1xyn1xy~ Like a few others have said, I'm doing the same thing and upping my calories. I'm just not eating enough. This is very hard for me to grasp especially after being stuck on The Biggest Loser for so long and they only eat like 1,200 calories and exercise 7 hours a day losing a TON of weight. I know it's totally reality TV and not "real" life. Even though I normally do not eat my exercise calories, I'm still not getting enough before exercise. Plus, I've been focusing on a high protein/fat eating and keeping my carbs lower similar to a Paleo/Primal eating plan.

@ Pie - I'm right there with you. I was only doing about 1,400 calories and my trainer wanted me to up to at least 1,800, but we've netted around 1,600-1,700 as well. Like you said, as long as we WORK it, it will work. 109 lbs lost is so amazing - sooo proud of you!!!

@ MNQueen - Nice walking this weekend. Keep it up!

@ Robin, Kelley, and the rest of us - I know stress plays a HUGE part in this journey. Every day I'm trying to keep things as balanced as possible. As I mentioned before, I'm trying not to stress about the upcoming holiday season, but I know it was this time last year I totally derailed. I just need to take each day as it comes. Keep my calories under goal. Exercise on a regular basis. Keep logging truthfully. Drink my water!! The stress just has to be managed some how some way. We've got each other for support and need to rely on each other to push us through.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Susan - I can't wait to hear how the scale treats you after your amazing business trip - you did so well!

meisterkidd - glad youre still here and sorry to hear your under so much stress - remember, exercise is a super stress reliever - you've got to do it regularly though to get the benefit, hope you find something you like to do. Even a short walk out your door is a start!

jurisdrgirl - welcome Amy and Happy Birthday this upcoming Weds. Turning 40 and giving yourself this present of better health is the best gift of all! I hope you are logging your food, you seem to have got the hang of losing - good job!

W-Queen - great job getting lots of walking in!

Gorilla - great run except for that shoelace delay - I know you can beat your time at the Winery run - hope the ending includes wine sampling!

meltinmomma - if you stayed within your calorie goals its not so bad you ate treats.....

pieinthesky - congrats on your downward journey!

kooky - flyball sounds like such fun! Hope you get signed up for that zumba class!

BJCamp - I've had depression/anxiety dx for a long time and I know how the drugs fight losing weight. I'm glad you've found a method to lose on. Good luck with that and welcome back! I'm glad things have turned around for you - now don't ever leave us again! EVER!!!!

cimcnett - welcome to our thread - its a great place to get support and friendship. Good job on limiting yourself to 1 piece of cake and stocking up on fruits and veggies. Are you logging your foods?

jooles - hi julie - welcome! You've made a great start finding friends in this thread! We're a great bunch of people and just keep coming back and posting away and you;ll make all the friends you need! Ask any questions that come to mind.

beachgirl - HUGS ! AND welcome back! Sorry to hear about the retinal hemhorrage - that sounds rather frightening - must have been an ordeal. Glad you are better ! Hope you can stay with us this time.

FrauHaas - so sorry to hear about your father's possible heart attack - that must have been so scary - even if, as you say, these attacks have happened more than once. I'll add him to my prayers. You must have one of those body fat % scales - glad it showed a loss for you -congrats!
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    I'm not as active on this thread as I'd like...

But I lost 7lbs in 6 days!! woop!!! Only 100 to go to get to my goal!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @ Lurve - Nice loss!! Woo Hoo!!!

@ Robin - Well, I maintained and I'm OK with that. While I was great exercising, I did enjoy a S'more or two by the campfire each night. I had a really yummy Key Lime Dessert Shot plus Molten Lava Cake w/Ice Cream. Plus, a bite of the most amazing Buttermilk Pie. We went to this local place called The Yesterday Café. Carrie Underwood (country singer) was married at the Reynolds Plantation where my conference was held. I guess she had this famous pie at her wedding. It was so darn worth it.

@ BJCamp - Even when we get a little sidetracked, it's great to know we can come back and this thread just keeps moving. Plus, there is probably somebody on here that is dealing with some of our same struggles. Glad to see you post again.

@ Beachgirl - Yikes!! I can't even fathom anything relating to my eyes. I've got very poor eyesight (.-8). It's not pretty. A good friend of mine was getting lasik done and she had a very dramatic experience with it. She's recovering now, but it's really scary stuff. I'm so glad to hear your healing though.

@ FrauHaas - It's so tough watching our parents struggle with their health. My dad just had back surgery on 5 bulging disc. He's had some heart problems himself and I worry constantly about him. They live in Sarasota, FL while I'm in Las Vegas, NV. It's so hard being thousands and thousands of miles apart. I'm glad you were there to call 911.
  • nonickname4me
    nonickname4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Heather, 96 lbs to go for me...I am looking for help with motivation and focus too! Any fitbit users out there?
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    some muscles are a bit sore from all the yard work yesterday!! Going for groceries later and perhaps a walk. That will do it for today. Meeting up with some people tomorrow evening for a 5 k walk
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: Pretty tough morning/early afternoon. I totally slipped into depressed mode eating. :cry: Pizza and a pop was NOT what I should have had for lunch. Found out that the friend that was going to rent our house found a house she loved this weekend and her bid was accepted. Therefore she will not be renting from us (happy for her, sad for us). We would have cut our spending on our Sioux Falls home from about $1600-1800 per month to $400. Called the realtor and put the house back on the market until Michael and I can discuss what to do next. We were only renting to her because she was a friend and could be trusted to not wreck the place. We’ll have to figure out our plan B. Oh well, I still have enough calories left to be under goal for the day, but why the world did I do that to myself?!!!:explode:

@meltinmomma – 2.4 pounds is great!! Don’t get diminish that. :love:

@Frauhaas – hope they figure out what happened with your dad and get him feeling better soon.

@karenleona – enjoy your 5K walk tomorrow. Hopefully your muscles will feel better by then.

AFM: Got our flu shots today and parent/teacher conferences this evening. Then after that, I’m headed to the gym for some lifting. I better go get my water and get going on that :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ... Have a great day!
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :frown: Oh guys I have to share this with you. It breaks my heart. As many of you know I teach third grade. Well recently it's been brought to my attention that one of my girls is being bullied for being over weight. :brokenheart: I just found out today how severe it really is. We take state testing the next two days and have time in the afternoon for teaching/ activities so Wednesday we are having what I am dubbing a "Bully Bootcamp" :explode: I WILL NOT stand for this NOT on my watch !:mad: If they are starting this is 3rd I can't imagine what junior high will be like so I'm going to do my best to nip this in the bud ASAP!!!

In other news I had my yearly check up for my knee today. I fell 15 feet and dislocated it, blowing out the entire knee, detaching my quad, and creating hairline fractures on my femur. He's very impress with where I am right now. I will need a replacement at a very young age because of it but we are both hoping this weight loss will help me buy a few more years.
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    And holy canoli conferences already?!?! Is it even the end of the 1st quarter for you guys? We have two weeks yet before ours..... :noway: I just confirmed on the calendar our conferences are the 24th and 29th.... How are we to this point already :drinker: (Note: this is coffee in my mug.... lots of coffee....)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    We started school on August 20th, so yup..it's that time of year. We have a big survey coming out this month about next year's calendar. I'm going to be voting for school to start after Labor Day and then go to Memorial Day. Or at least the last week of August. It's been a hot topic this year because we actually have 2-3 schools that don't have any air conditioner and when you start in the middle of August, it's still super hot out in ND. And May is usually just starting to warm up so I'd prefer to have all June, July and August off for summer vacation.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So quick question guys. I am looking to download a c25k app and there are a ton. Any recommendations?