Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    How do you subtly let a guy know that you are interested without outright asking him, and without looking like a tramp?

I usually make him some compliments, try to cheer him up when he's sad, listen carefully everytime he says something, always ask him if there's something I can do for him or just in general tell him that I care about him and such things.
    It's not like I've tried it out so many times, just once probably, and it worked, so... if he's not gay and if he's not completely uninterested it should work.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm far from subtle...I'm blunt and let it be known. Why *****foot around it?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    From my boyfriend: "Guys are stupid about things like that. Just ask him out."
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm far from subtle...I'm blunt and let it be known. Why *****foot around it?

I am extremely entertained that "pussiefoot" was blocked by the censor. Oh noes. No talking about walking around like a cat on MFP!!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I have no idea either. Dating is so annoying!
  • kingzx
    kingzx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me glad I'm married. Whew.
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey.

I just met you.

And this is crazy.

Here's my number.

Cal me maybe?

:laugh:

I LITERALLY just did this over the weekend. I've been in love with this dude who owns this shop I frequent. ...we kinda talk/flirt weekly, and he finally gave me a card with his contact info on it, so I emailed him and hit him with the 'call me maybe'. We'll see!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.

No. No games. No bringing other people into it. No trying to make him jealous. All of these could backfire. Be direct, ask him out on a date. Yes, call it a date. If he says no, then say okay how about we go "wherever" like we always do as friends. If he is really a friend then this shouldn't affect your friendship, you should be able to continue being friends no matter what. But I'd bet he is probably open to the idea of dating.

THIS!

No games. No other people. 'Man up'. Big girl panties. Call it a date.

Sunday a guy friend I like and I were talking about hanging out. We had hung out on Friday, but it wasn't specified as a date, I wasn't sure it was. So on Sunday when he said how's this sound for a plan, I said it's a date! And it was a date. Short, sweet and to the point.

No games. No bs. Straight up hey I like you, let's date.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    maybe I should tell you all that He used to be into this one girl, and he didn't think many knew about it. One of his good friends found out I was interested, and told me that the guy I liked was into someone else. I dropped the girl's name to the guy who I like and he started freaking out about how I knew and he emphatically said it was over with that girl. What do you think this means?

It means its over with that girl

Gosh, I know that, but is there a deeper meaning?

You are doing what most women do all too often and is...."THINKING TOO MUCH!!"
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If women would stop thinking they had to be subtle about it and just ask men what they think all the worlds problems would be instantly solved.

Your kitty is so cute. I just want to pet it....:love:

thank you... that was my fav pic with him... he passed away Dec 29th 2012... at 21 years old....miss him everyday

So sorry for your loss!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just tell him you are in the market for a new *kitten* buddy and ask if he knows any good applicants...

This sounds like advice that the person in the FWB thread took.
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A little bit of come hither eye contact coupled with some downward gazes afterwards. You don't have to say a thing. It is hard for a man to mistake it for anything else. This is the flirtation that has existed in humans since the beginning of time.

It is usually enough to get them to come closer, pique their interest, get them to make a move. And if he isn't interested in you, you dob't have to feel embarrassed about anything. You just used feminine body language.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    A little bit of come hither eye contact coupled with some downward gazes afterwards. You don't have to say a thing. It is hard for a man to mistake it for anything else. This is the flirtation that has existed in humans since the beginning of time.

It is usually enough to get them to come closer, pique their interest, get them to make a move. And if he isn't interested in you, you dob't have to feel embarrassed about anything. You just used feminine body language.

what if I flash him? is that feminine body language too?
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If women would stop thinking they had to be subtle about it and just ask men what they think all the worlds problems would be instantly solved.

^
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Always better to be direct. "Hey, I like you, do you have any interest in maybe going out on a date some time?"

That does not make you a tramp, and if he does think that, you're better off without his friendship to begin with.
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    so i was in this situation one time.. and so i just decided to do it.

I asked him out on a date and he said yes... !

9 years later we are married (7 Years) and 2 kids .. mortgage the dog .. the whole shabang!

Just ask.. you got nothing to loose. :love: :flowerforyou: :blushing: :wink:
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Those are some tigress moves, Hayley. I use those on my husband.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Those are some tigress moves, Hayley. I use those on my husband.

does he pay all the bills? if so... NOTED.
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and support! I think I'll just ask who he's interested in, and see where it goes from there. I'll let you all know what he says :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Why not just ask him out instead of beating around the bush?