bumpwt8.jpg
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    Bump!
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    thank you so much i am a newbie and i have been pretty much putting myself into starvation mode for 2 weeks which explains why i am not loosing anything!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    thank you so much i am a newbie and i have been pretty much putting myself into starvation mode for 2 weeks which explains why i am not loosing anything!!!

Believe it or not rosen, it is more common then you think. Most of the people I know (myself included) have done this at one point. Some because we don't REALLY believe it, and others just because we didn't know. but it's the truth, the good thing to know is, unless you do that for a really long time and do permenant damage, it's pretty easy to get the body back to where it should be and burning cals for you. :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    GIVE ME A 'B'
    GIVE ME A 'U'
    GIVE ME A(or is it an) 'M'
    GIVE ME A 'P'
  • KagoBon
    KagoBon Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever be able to eat my exercise calories. I can't even it make it to 1500, the current calories I have to get to! I can't even get to 1200 calories :sad:
    Sometimes I only eat 1000...:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • banks1850
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever be able to eat my exercise calories. I can't even it make it to 1500, the current calories I have to get to! I can't even get to 1200 calories :sad:
    Sometimes I only eat 1000...:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Sometimes it takes time, ramp your calories up, a little every week, you'd be amazed at how receptive your body is if you do it slowly. Nothing in weight loss happens over night, if you give your body the time it needs to adjust, it will adjust.

Create a food plan, sit down for a couple of hours and map out your daily intake, make 3 or 4 different plans, every day you can choose the one you like, if you make them up ahead of time, it's easy to stick to them, once a week or so, add 100 calories to your plans, spread that 100 cals through out the day, I.E. instead of 1 serving of carrots, have 1.5, instead of 4 oz of chicken, have 6...etc little things that your stomach won't notice that much, but will get you to where you need to be. Before you know it, you'lll be where you need to. 100 cals isn't a lot of food to add, I'll wager your body won't even notice the change.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!:happy:
  • she_red247
    she_red247 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank goodness you also explained what bumping was. LOL!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the BUMP explanation. You rock!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    think of it like a car.

If it takes you 1/2 a tank every week to drive to and from work, then that's how much gas you need. But think of exercise as... say a trip to the mall after work, you need to add the extra gas to get there and back. If you put 1/2 a tank of gas in for the week, well, you can't expect to go to the mall right? Cuz you will (literally and figuratively) run out of gas.
    The only difference is, in a car, you simply run out of gas. With your body, instead of just running out of energy, your body will start shutting things down (like, organs, metabolism...etc) so that it uses less energy, also it will pull energy from other areas like muscles and other lean body mass (thus reducing your lean mass, which is bad).

That's really over simplistic, but it's close enough to get the idea.

How about this.....

your body is smart enough that it holds on to "necessities" fat and water first and foremost.....but also "energy sources"
    If it senses that it isn't getting enough, it begins to hold onto what it needs....if you cut fat completely out of your diet....your body will hold onto the fat you already have; same thing with water and energy stores; it does take your body (AND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT) 1-2 weeks to get into TRUE starvation mode......where your metabolism will drop to almost nothing to save the energy and fat stores for survival.....hopefully none of us would get to that point

this is why the body has several organs that produce and secrete glucose....main energy source for our bodies.....protein is to rebuild while glucose (and others) re-store energy so that you can exercise again tomorrow......
    Good luck and don't not eat....life is too short....just make good choices!!!!!
  • rockerchicinnc
    Options
    *BUMP* Thanks for the post! It's helped me to understand why eating my exercise calories is important. :smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    bump
  • deciedee
    deciedee Posts: 50
    Options
    I have never been more confused...except when trying to talk to my teenage daughter ...No, I printed this so I could get a handle on it...
    It is just so hard to eat the calories I think I am supposed to burn off...I'll try, but if I weigh 15 lbs more in 2 months than I do now...Banks, you are toast.
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    That actually made sense to me. I will share the info with some others I know that are trying hard to over exercise. I will make sure I am eatin the exercise calories from now on. Thanks!
  • banks1850
    Options
    LOL! d. if you follow it, I doubt you will gain anything (besides water weight) and I'm pretty confident you should lose pretty consistantly.
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds...it seems to work!!!