• Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    1362459571_1675_decker.jpg?itok=lYaDDGbs

FWB = Friends With Better(lives)
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    In the end someone always gets hurt, and from observation it was you. It sucks, but never do FWB's unless you know you will never expect anything out of it....I chased a FWB for over 4 years!!! Fell completely hard for him, and never even tried, I fought it the whole way, even admitted to him I was in love with him, and he picks the mother of his child over me (usually understandable), leave me, and marries her. The night before he got married he told me exactly how he felt about me but still went through his marriage, I had to see him in his tux and her in her dress (that's a different long story), and I was completely crushed. They moved and I told him I never want to see you or speak to you again, it's too hard. I left my job where we both worked, and got married a year later myself...

Now he had tried to text me saying he misses me and wishes he picked me, well guess what it's too late!!! All things happen for a reason, and FWB never work out, never. He probably didn't say HI to you because he is either talking to another girl or doesn't want to get involved with you again until it's convenient . Brutal, but the truth
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    j3mA075.gif

FWB = Farts with bartender
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    In the end someone always gets hurt, and from observation it was you. It sucks, but never do FWB's unless you know you will never expect anything out of it....I chased a FWB for over 4 years!!! Fell completely hard for him, and never even tried, I fought it the whole way, even admitted to him I was in love with him, and he picks the mother of his child over me (usually understandable), leave me, and marries her. The night before he got married he told me exactly how he felt about me but still went through his marriage, I had to see him in his tux and her in her dress (that's a different long story), and I was completely crushed. They moved and I told him I never want to see you or speak to you again, it's too hard. I left my job where we both worked, and got married a year later myself...

Now he had tried to text me saying he misses me and wishes he picked me, well guess what it's too late!!! All things happen for a reason, and FWB never work out, never. He probably didn't say HI to you because he is either talking to another girl or doesn't want to get involved with you again until it's convenient . Brutal, but the truth

I hear ya when I joined the military I was FWB with this guy who was engaged. In the end I thought he really cared and we would end up happily ever after and he would choose me over his fiance. Long story short I was 17 and dumb and he got married to "said chick". 6 years later I laugh thinking back to how foolish I was because he emailed me telling me how he divorced her after having 3 kids and how he loves me and wants to get back together, how he should have picked me all along HAHAHAHA ya right that aint happening but it does give me the warm fuzzys to know that he got what he diserved in the end.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Oh gaaaaawdddd
    It won't stop

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We did have a 9 hour break !!

Sorry, I started it again. Couldn't resist the duck in the bar pic. lol :laugh:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but I actually just read the entire original post. One because I'm bored, and two because I can't sleep.

Now with that being said..

OP, he doesn't give a single *kitten* about you. I'm sorry you got hurt, I know that sucks but he just doesn't care. He probably did see you at the party but did not care enough to say hello.

Stop over thinking the situation because it's not that complicated and just move on.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Oh my dear God. The more OP responds, the more pathetic this gets. Train.Wreck.

I only happened to see it was in recent threads on the right side of the home page, not understanding how on earth this could possibly still be going on.

/facepalm
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh my dear God. The more OP responds, the more pathetic this gets. Train.Wreck.

I only happened to see it was in recent threads on the right side of the home page, not understanding how on earth this could possibly still be going on.

/facepalm

You know, you're very judgemental. :grumble: OP comes in here for support. Yes she made a mistake, a few of them even. BUt she's obviously (hopefully?) learned from them. Do you appreciate it when people call you pathetic and train wreck? Before judging and being harsh towards a stranger, perhaps you should reflect on your own life choices and imagine how people have reacted when you've asked for advice.

I appologize if I'm being rude by the way. Yours is just one of many insensitive comments in this thread, but I'm calling you out specifically because you've been mean in a few of your posts (in this one single thread). I think by now OP has gotten the advice she needed.
  • ginchrst
    Options
    OP here ... I wanted to let things calm down before I posted final reply! :smile:

I received more advice and insight here then I could've ever imagined and I appreciate it all ... even the sarcasm! :wink:
    When it comes down to my situation I decided to be intimate w/ a man that I wasn't committed to for two years, but I did care deeply for him and therefore it's going to be a healing process getting over him. In the meantime I wanted to ask a few questions and boy did I get some answers. I know I can't truly understand his thoughts or actions, can't change him to feel a certain way I want him to, but I can speak up for myself and know that regardless of how I ended this I still expect R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!

Who knows what the future holds, all I know is that this is part of my journey and if choosing to have mind-blowing SEX is part of it ... I'm okay with that!!! :bigsmile:
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    OP here ... I wanted to let things calm down before I posted final reply! :smile:

I received more advice and insight here then I could've ever imagined and I appreciate it all ... even the sarcasm! :wink:
    When it comes down to my situation I decided to be intimate w/ a man that I wasn't committed to for two years, but I did care deeply for him and therefore it's going to be a healing process getting over him. In the meantime I wanted to ask a few questions and boy did I get some answers. I know I can't truly understand his thoughts or actions, can't change him to feel a certain way I want him to, but I can speak up for myself and know that regardless of how I ended this I still expect R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!

Who knows what the future holds, all I know is that this is part of my journey and if choosing to have mind-blowing SEX is part of it ... I'm okay with that!!! :bigsmile:

Bravo, OP. That's a mature response to your situation and the trolls! Best of luck!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Bravo, OP. That's a mature response to your situation and the trolls! Best of luck!

Great 'cause am I the only one who was hoping our single and untied down OP could find a way to keep getting that good good caulk without having to throw the baby away with the bathwater? Like, if she could just get her head around the idea of using HIM as a toy and maybe explore how he might be wrong for her in every other way she could still get that good good fun? #vicariousjollies #reframehisrole #focusonhisfaults. Maybe he's broke or has a crappy job that you can't respect and you could just think of him as a good time and resolve to ignore HIM in public and thus feel nothing when you pass him in said bar and just apologize sweetly for shining him on when you meet again for the next mind blowing tryst.

ETA: ......................and 17! click click!